Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scott Stricklin on Florida’s Coaching Search

Started by WilsonHog, October 29, 2017, 06:34:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

On finding a good head coaching fit: "I think fans may look at hiring coaches like you or I may go down to BestBuy & get a 50-inch TV."

ur

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 29, 2017, 06:34:20 pm
On finding a good head coaching fit: "I think fans may look at hiring coaches like you or I may go down to BestBuy & get a 50-inch TV.”
Well we got the biggest tv in the store and our remote control is smoking hot.

Bacons Rebellion

On finding a good head coaching fit: "I think fans may look at hiring coaches like you or I may go down to BestBuy & get a 50-inch TV.”

We certainly have some of that. And they are upset when we didn't get HDR and OLED because they were all sold out.

PonderinHog

ricepig

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The Pulse

On finding a good head coaching fit: "I think fans may look at hiring coaches like you or I may go down to BestBuy & get a 50-inch TV."
Sounds like an attempt at excusing missing on a coach and/or an underwhelming hire. 

sickboy

Quote from: The Pulse on October 29, 2017, 06:54:58 pm
Sounds like an attempt at excusing missing on a coach and/or an underwhelming hire. 

Or... just maybe... this guy might know a little bit more about the process than we do.

WilsonHog

I think Stricklin's statement is in reference to those fans who just think it's a matter of an AD picking up the phone and calling whoever he wants to come be his head coach.

jackflash

fans think every one is interested in their school which is not the case

Poker_hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 29, 2017, 07:04:48 pm
I think Stricklin's statement is in reference to those fans who just think it's a matter of an AD picking up the phone and calling whoever he wants to come be his head coach.

Nobody thinks it's that easy, but these guys are making a 7 figure salary.  When you make the big bucks people don't want to hear excuses.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 29, 2017, 07:26:25 pm
Nobody thinks it's that easy, but these guys are making a 7 figure salary.  When you make the big bucks people don't want to hear excuses.

Yes they do
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

greasy_corner

Quote from: ur on October 29, 2017, 06:38:31 pm
Well we got the biggest tv in the store and our remote control is smoking hot.

Bravo 

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 29, 2017, 07:26:25 pm
don't want to hear "We're so close " either

Ex-Trumpet

Exactly what fans are afraid of...JL going TV shopping and buying a 50" plasma.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

grayhawg

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 29, 2017, 08:56:16 pm
Exactly what fans are afraid of...JL going TV shopping and buying a 50" plasma.

Hopefully some of the money folks make the purchase and let little jeffie carry it to us and take all the credit.

radar

We have seen the Jeff long lists from his days at Pitt and now AR, we don't trust him to do the shopping.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 29, 2017, 09:02:48 pm
Hopefully some of the money folks make the purchase and let little jeffie carry it to us and take all the credit.
Santa!

Tusks

JL will end up buying a 50" 1996 back projection TV and the proclaim "hey everybody look what I did"!
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DeltaBoy

Quote from: radar on October 29, 2017, 09:07:22 pm
We have seen the Jeff long lists from his days at Pitt and now AR, we don't trust him to do the shopping.

Amen!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggie17

October 29, 2017, 09:33:01 pm #23 Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:48:20 pm by Hoggie17
Quote from: jackflash on October 29, 2017, 07:19:26 pm
fans think every one is interested in their school which is not the case
They have to be sold on the idea, more like the way most buy a car, they think they buy it but actually they have been sold. Why do think 2 or 3 salesmen win all the contest. OK don't smite me but same way NUTT would motivate.  He sold his players on the idea that they could beat a team that they weren't as good as. We all remember.

texas tush hog