Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Someone Bring Me Up To Speed?

Started by Squealers, December 07, 2005, 08:05:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squealers

Being a newbie on this board, I often times hear or read references that I don't understand.  I thought someone with some serious experience here could put the pieces together for me.

I don't want to crash threads to ask, and yes, to be honest, I don't want to look like a total retard!!

OK, here goes just a couple..........

1.  Who is "Otis", and what are all the references to him and his posts?  People use his name a lot, and there seems to be some history with him or his posts.

2.  What are the references to the "Premium" or "Paying" message boards?  Are there actually UofA boards that charge to be a member?  Why does there seem to be some animosity between people who post here and ...... them??

3.  Who started this board, how long ago?

4.  How are moderators selected?

That does it for now, and I appreciate all who takes the time to answer these questions.  Thanks a million!

HWF
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Biggus Piggus

Otis, or Odious Jerk, is Otis Kirk the recruiting reporter for the Democrat-Gazette and arkansas.rivals.com.

Pay boards are at arkansas.rivals.com and arkansas.scout.com.

Lanny Beavers started this board in 2002.

Moderators are selected on merit.
[CENSORED]!

Squealers

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 08, 2005, 03:05:15 pm
Otis, or Odious Jerk, is Otis Kirk the recruiting reporter for the Democrat-Gazette and arkansas.rivals.com.

Pay boards are at arkansas.rivals.com and arkansas.scout.com.

Lanny Beavers started this board in 2002.

Moderators are selected on merit.

Thank you Biggus, I am now officially up to speed!
Keith
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

xkyrie

Although I know for a fact that mods aren't selected based on merit. WindyCityHog is about the most obtuse blowhard in existence.

Porquemada

Quote from: El Jefe on December 09, 2005, 10:52:43 am
Although I know for a fact that mods aren't selected based on merit. WindyCityHog is about the most obtuse blowhard in existence.
I heard his brother is worse than he is. :D