Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My daughter just committed to UA Soccer!

Started by TennesseeRaz, January 27, 2017, 01:56:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 27, 2017, 01:56:39 pm
Will definitely have more trips to NWA in my future.

Thanks to the soccer staff there for giving us peace about shipping our daughter back to the promised land.

way to go man, gotta be proud

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

hogfanny

Welcome,congratulations and I wish for her many goals in many winning games.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 08:54:06 am
What's a $1000 amongst friends, got to pay for those lost Lot 44 parking spots somehow.......

Babygirl lives at Hill Place. It is an uphill walk to school but it is a downhill walk home. For $800 (parking pass), I told her exercise would be good for her, even though she is skinny like I used to be.

Besides, a bus runs every 15 minutes to the heart of campus, and when it is cold that is how she goes to class.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on January 28, 2017, 03:59:17 pm
Babygirl lives at Hill Place. It is an uphill walk to school but it is a downhill walk home. For $800 (parking pass), I told her exercise would be good for her, even though she is skinny like I used to be.

Besides, a bus runs every 15 minutes to the heart of campus, and when it is cold that is how she goes to class.

Yeah, if I had to walk as much as mine does, I wouldn't leave the house, haha. Of course, she's getting to run a 1/2 marathon in February, that's about how much I walk in a week.......

ATU HOG

Green parking pass isn't much.  Around $100 I believe.  Harmon garage is up there a good bit.

ATU HOG

Quote from: LZH on January 28, 2017, 03:59:17 pm

Hill Place is convenient, but don't they charge by the room essentially? 

ricepig

Quote from: ATU HOG on January 28, 2017, 04:04:38 pm
Green parking pass isn't much.  Around $100 I believe.  Harmon garage is up there a good bit.

Yeah, my son had that, he wasn't as picky, then just parked at a buddy's house on Clinton the last two years.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 04:03:56 pm
Yeah, if I had to walk as much as mine does, I wouldn't leave the house, haha. Of course, she's getting to run a 1/2 marathon in February, that's about how much I walk in a week.......

I hear that.

Quote from: ATU HOG on January 28, 2017, 04:05:37 pm
Hill Place is convenient, but don't they charge by the room essentially? 

She's in a 4BR/4Bath with three other girls...Chi-O. Works out pretty well.

ATU HOG

Quote from: LZH on January 28, 2017, 04:12:24 pm
I hear that.

She's in a 4BR/4Bath with three other girls...Chi-O. Works out pretty well.
I gotcha.  New Walmart over there is convenient as well.  Seems like every time you turn around, there is a new place being built for housing near the university.  I'm only 3 years removed from school and it's changed a ton since I was on campus everyday. 

ATU HOG

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 04:10:51 pm
Yeah, my son had that, he wasn't as picky, then just parked at a buddy's house on Clinton the last two years.
Same here haha

ricepig

Quote from: ATU HOG on January 28, 2017, 04:18:09 pm
I gotcha.  New Walmart over there is convenient as well.  Seems like every time you turn around, there is a new place being built for housing near the university.  I'm only 3 years removed from school and it's changed a ton since I was on campus everyday. 

Yeah, as an old timer, 1980 grad, they've ruined a lot of the views with some of the apartments, but I understand bidness.

RME

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 04:30:02 pm
Yeah, as an old timer, 1980 grad, they've ruined a lot of the views with some of the apartments, but I understand bidness.

No kidding. I went back to visit some buddies up there over Christmas break and was greeted by some terrible new complex near the 4-way stop at Razorback and 15th. The thing just covers up the view of Baum when you're heading north on Razorback.

But like you I understand it's about the money. Just kinda sucks.

Also to the OP, congrats. Fayetteville is one hell of a place.

ATU HOG

Congrats by the way though to the original post.  It's a great thing being a Razorback.  My girlfriend was an athlete at the university and I tell her all the time just how lucky she was to be a Razorback.  Woo Pig

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 04:30:02 pm

What, do you mean like a view of downtown or the hills? I guess I never paid much attention back in the eighties when I was up there a lot. I know that whole area is different but I guess I haven't noticed.

FANONTHEHILL

January 29, 2017, 10:49:25 am #65 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:31:42 pm by FANONTHEHILL
Most athletes are in the Quad during their freshman year these days.  I imagine she will be spending lots of time at the Bev Lewis Training Center, the soccer field and the Jerry and Gene Jones Athletic Center.  I highly recommend getting her a scooter.  It makes that trip up the hill after workouts a lot easier.  There are several scooter only lots all over campus for getting to class as well.  It's been a life saver for our footballer. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Westcoasthog

Hankweb

Congratulations!!
My son played for a perennial Top 20 men's Division 1 soccer program and just graduated this past year. Made the NCAA's 3 out of 4 years and were ranked as high as third in the country at one point. It was a tremendous experience for him and I'm now having major withdrawals! :)
As an aside...in applying for professional school, with the grades and test scores required for admission, being a D1 athlete was a significant addition to his resume. They recognize the hard work, time management, and discipline required of a true student athlete and highly value that. Not only will she have a fantastic college experience and enjoy teammates who become her closest friends but it will be a great benefit for her going forward.
Good Luck! and WooPig!

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

HogScoutMaster

Congrats!  I really wanted to send my Daughter to UoA but she'll settle for UoMemphis and playing Soccer there
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

GolfnHog

Outstanding! Upside she's also got your family close for those times she just needs some familiar faces until she gets settled in. Congratulations to your family and as a side note, welcome home!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Maximus Tusk

Thanks to the soccer staff there for giving us peace about shipping our daughter back to the promised land.
Well Congratulations!! That is a very big deal!!

lutherheggs

took a look at u of a women's soccer website. Interesting that of about 30 players listed, only 1 is from Arkansas.

TennesseeRaz

ricepig

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 02, 2017, 02:06:03 pm
took a look at u of a women's soccer website. Interesting that of about 30 players listed, only 1 is from Arkansas.

Have you ever watched girls high school soccer in Arkansas?

lutherheggs

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2017, 12:41:28 pm
Have you ever watched girls high school soccer in Arkansas?
Not only have I not watched ark girls high school soccer, i have never seen a soccer game period.

ricepig

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 04, 2017, 10:10:36 am
Not only have I not watched ark girls high school soccer, i have never seen a soccer game period.

Well, there's a reason there aren't more Arkansas girls on the team.

Vantage 8 dude

Huge congratulations on her schollie and to your family for continuing the Hog tradition. :razorback:

HogFansReunited

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 04, 2017, 10:10:36 am

You're missing out on a great sport.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

lutherheggs

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 04, 2017, 11:44:00 am
You're missing out on a great sport.
Can't do and see it all. So I selected men's and women's soccer as a sport I will never see either on tv or in person.