Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I (almost) just Craig Gentry

Started by Tejano Jawg, June 26, 2012, 01:58:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

He was making an appearance today at an area Whataburger, from 10:30 to 11:30 this morn.

I thought—wow, will my boys be jazzed when I give them an autographed baseball tonight. Plus, I was going to have a quick chat—in the time it took him to sign my ball—about the Hogs CWS. Something like "were you able to keep up with the Hogs this year?" I even had my red Razorback baseball cap on so he knew I was legit.

Left a meeting early this morning (used my hail damaged house as my excuse...again), ran by a sporting goods store to buy an official Rawlings ball, then high-tailed it to the Whataburger. Got there about 45 minutes early...but NO dice. They already had 250 in the official line, plus another 50 in a reserved line in case there was time to get them in. The Whata-manager said about 50 people were there at 7:30 this morning!

I'm obviously a novice at this autograph thing—even though I did get a Felix Jones autograph (on a white #25 jersey) a few years ago. Not sure there's a complicated strategy, other than showing up early. I'm bummed. I mean CRAIG GENTRY??...I knew why I was there, but why are 400+ OTHER people standing in line, in the 100+ heat, for Craig Gentry?? Seriously??

Lesson learned. End of story (not that there was one to begin with.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Clax10

He's Kitten Face,  everyone in the metroplex wants to meet him... according to Grubes!

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Clax10 on June 26, 2012, 02:04:11 pm
He's Kitten Face,  everyone in the metroplex wants to meet him... according to Grubes!

HA!...but never heard Grubes say that. So you're saying if he wasn't good-looking, I'd probably have my autographed ball right now??

>:(
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Clax10

Mo_Better_Hogs

Funny story. Sad, but funny. Like the title too---can't get enough "Stephen Hill".

I don't know anything about the autograph-seeking culture, but I bet it's a world unto itself.

BigSexyHog

If anyone would know it would be Grubes.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room