Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My take on the state of our team

Started by hardcorehogfan, September 10, 2006, 09:20:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hardcorehogfan

Time will be the judge, but after two games I think this team will win five to six games.  The So Cal game I wrote off, because they had far superior talent then we did, and I knew we would have to play mistake free football to win.  Utah State, guys no way to spin this one- the Univ. of Central Arkansas would have beat that team.  That game looked horrible.  Both sides of the ball- no excuses.  I have come to terms with realistic expectations.  Arkansas has always had inferior talent.  We usually produce 10-15 D-1 players, while Lousiana produces 80, Texas 350.  So what that means is, we should expect some rebuilding years.  However, two years ago we only had 2 returning starters, last year about 10, and this year 18.  If we can't win when with experience guys, the simple truth is that we will never win.  I am not going to give up on the current coaching staff and team yet, however, from what I have seen so far I do not know how they will win more than five games.  I realize that the can get better, but they had better do so in a hurry.  If we get beat by Vandy, that will set the direction of this season.  We will probably be the underdog going into the game.  This week is going to be huge.  If we lose this game, Houston Nutt should be fired afterwards.  We can't except this, we have to win when we have experience.  I hope that this does not happen, but it is highly possible.

hogfan4life56

Houston Nutt will not be fired afterwards, i promise you that.