Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jabril's Open Letter

Started by wheelspigharvey, May 09, 2016, 10:55:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Great letter. Glad to hear he had such positive experiences as Hog.

FineAsSwine

Pretty cool to see some real student-athletes up on the Hill. Props to Jabril.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I got a little sentimental reading that.  This is really what it's all about.  What a great kid.  We should all be saying we wish Jabril could have been a Hog for 4 years as well. 

Wins will come but when I ready letters like that it makes me proud of my University and athletic department.  That we could have such a positive effect on his life is a great thing beyond any W's or L's.

He is going to be a excellent representative for the University and the program wherever he goes and whatever he does in life. Wish him nothing but the best and hope the UofA and the athletic department can keep having this positive impact. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hoglady

What a wonderful letter.
This is exactly what the sports programs should be about.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rzrbk4life

What a class act. I wish jabril nothing but success the rest of his life. Glad he was a hog
Let's call those hogs!!!!

pigture perfect

Wow! That is a great testimonial. Mike and staff need to carry a copy of that on every in home visit.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 09, 2016, 12:26:19 pm
Wow! That is a great testimonial. Mike and staff need to carry a copy of that on every in home visit.

Yep - you know, every time I let some negativity creep in my mind about Anderson - I think back to the Pelphrey and Heath years - which was a horrible time for the program on the court, off the court and in the classroom. Complete failures in every aspect.
Anderson is a class act - and I think we have a really good chance to be back in the hunt next year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

gmarv

what a class act this kid is. I hope (know) he do well after basketball is over for him.
thanks jabril .

Inhogswetrust

Very Nice! Proof that those that think athletes overall only care about athletics and making money couldn't be more wrong.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Paul

RealHog

Now I love Jabril even more. He played every night proud of the name of the front of the jersey and not the back, and treasured the opportunity. I hope the players coming in can follow his example. He was always working his tail off and doing whatever he could to get the hogs on top. Watching some old games, I think we will miss his ball handling and court vision. He wasn't a gamebreaker on offense but he had some big moments and shots, and didn't try to score alot because he knew his job was to get the ball the right guys and get them in rhythm. He had a talent for perfectly timed passes in traffic to find Hannahs, Bell, or Kinglsey wide open for an easy bucket.

Another Durham memory was his steal at the end of overtime against Vandy to seal the game. Can't forget he was a ball hawk and had his fair share of steals as well.

HoopS

Was very proud of Jabril this season! Wishing him all the best.

HognitiveDissonance

Very classy by him and I wish him the best in the future.
That's the thing with Hog fans; you keep your nose clean and play hard, Hog fans will remember and take care of you forever.

We will definitely miss him next year on the court; he is a true point guard who had a great senior year.

opineonswine

Solid. Wish him all the best.

zebradynasty

I understand what he is saying had he been a 4 or 5 year player with us...improved by leaps and bounds over 2 years. I think he can play overseas not many true point guards around anymore.

Or he may never bounce a basketball again either way, got a feeling this isn't the last we've heard from Jabril. In my book he's already a success!

rude1

After reading a letter like that it kind of makes you ashamed that you criticized him because of what he did on a basketball court, good stuff.

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 09, 2016, 11:24:24 am
I got a little sentimental reading that.  This is really what it's all about.  What a great kid.  We should all be saying we wish Jabril could have been a Hog for 4 years as well. 

Wins will come but when I ready letters like that it makes me proud of my University and athletic department.  That we could have such a positive effect on his life is a great thing beyond any W's or L's.

He is going to be a excellent representative for the University and the program wherever he goes and whatever he does in life. Wish him nothing but the best and hope the UofA and the athletic department can keep having this positive impact. 
This^

Pancetta

One day I hope to hear about Dr Durham in one of our local clinics or hospitals.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

DeltaBoy

My hopes and Prayers are with this Young man . God's Speed.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bphi11ips

My first thought was "That's what it's all about."  Then I see it was others' first thought, too.

Influences my perception of the basketball program for sure. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 09, 2016, 11:24:24 am

QFT

rickfahr

RacinRazorback

What a refreshing, inspirational letter from a class young man. Kudos to MA and his staff and everyone at the UofA for having a positive impact on kids (students) lives. Makes me even prouder to be a Razorback! WPS!

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pancetta on May 10, 2016, 02:04:48 pm
One day I hope to hear about Dr Durham in one of our local clinics or hospitals.

Hope he really racks up the assists in that field as well.
Hogs up! Covid down!

rmcchris

Class act and thanks for all your contributions to our program.   You will do big things in life.