Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When is the last day Moses to announce his decision?

Started by nwahogfan1, April 27, 2016, 08:53:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

Just wondering what the dates where for the NBA try out camps and the day Moses might give us his decision.

Hawg Red

NBA Draft combine is the week of the 9th, so we should know before then. If he doesn't get invited to that, we should hear that he's coming back.

Swinesong1

May 25th is the final date.  Players have 10 days after combine ends on May 15th to declare or remove their name.

skinnypig

I not as worried about Moses going to NBA, as I am him going over seas to play

jry04

Quote from: skinnypig on April 29, 2016, 10:28:53 am
Agreed. NBA isn't much of a possibility for this season. Going overseas and making 6 figures seems to be a much higher possibility. I am honestly not sure Moses even gets an invite to the combine.

Hawg Red

Quote from: skinnypig on April 29, 2016, 10:28:53 am

All of the talks seems to point towards Moses not being interested in leaving to playing overseas. NBA is the goal, so I'd think he'd give another crack at getting drafted by coming back for his senior season. Assuming the feedback is "maybe second round" or undrafted.

hawgwileywyatt

Quote from: jry04 on April 29, 2016, 11:11:13 am
Agreed. NBA isn't much of a possibility for this season. Going overseas and making 6 figures seems to be a much higher possibility. I am honestly not sure Moses even gets an invite to the combine.

How much does an average Euro league player make? I was thinking it was probably like 50-80 thousand but I really have no idea.

jry04

Quote from: hawgwileywyatt on April 29, 2016, 12:19:59 pm
How much does an average Euro league player make? I was thinking it was probably like 50-80 thousand but I really have no idea.
The average is probably somewhere around there. For Moses it would likely be 6 figures, depending on the league. A player who has eligibility left in college will be offered a lot more than someone who entered the draft and went undrafted, or a senior in college. Those guys do not have leverage, so a Eruo team can say $50k, take it or leave it. Someone like Moses, they would have to offer a comfortable salary to get him to forego his senior season.

If Moses wants to make money overseas, he better negotiate that before the NBA draft. If he stays in the draft and doesn't make a NBA roster, then he will lose all leverage with European teams. Him not hiring an agent tells me he isn't content with going overseas, because he should be negotiating with international teams.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawgwileywyatt on April 29, 2016, 12:19:59 pm

"Euro league" is a broad term. Also, there are only 31 "Euroleague" teams in its biggest form. The Euroleague is an elite competition or tournament for the best European clubs. The teams come from different leagues. The pay for these teams is probably pretty good and not typical of the pay for most international teams. But, for perspective, I believe the highest paid players aboard don't make more than 3-4 million per season.

litmachog

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 27, 2016, 08:55:00 am
NBA Draft combine is the week of the 9th, so we should know before then. If he doesn't get invited to that, we should hear that he's coming back.

So does anyone know the timing of invites to the combine. It would appear firstly that if he doesn't get an invite, it's a no brainier.

jry04

Quote from: litmachog on April 29, 2016, 01:13:34 pm
So does anyone know the timing of invites to the combine. It would appear firstly that if he doesn't get an invite, it's a no brainier.
Not sure, but last year the full list of players was announced the first week of May. The combine starts in about 2 weeks, so my guess is sometime next week.

Hawg Red

Quote from: gmarv on April 30, 2016, 10:31:01 am
what does this mean as far as moses is concerned ?

I think, at first glance, it might seem that Moses won't get an invite if those guys didn't, but to the point of the tweet I just posted above, it might mean that Moses will get an invite. We'll see. It's a crowded field for sure. And there are probably 60 underclassmen ahead of Moses.

Hawg Red

There are, I think, 60 spots for the NBA combine. Many of the top prospects will not participate based on recent trend. Where does that leave Moses? That's the question, but he is not highly ranked among underclassmen, let alone all draft-eligible players.

jry04

I have seen about 15 names of guys who have been invited, but no Moses so far.

rzrbackramsfan

I hope Moses is watching the nfl draft.  These Arkansas players seemed liked the best thing ever but there are thousands of players just like our beloved Arkansas players that scouts are evaluating as well and it's no surprise at all that they fall wayyyyy down, much further than they ever imagined, despite what they're told by the nfl or nba.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 01, 2016, 09:09:55 am
https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/726773566876880900

Thanks for all the updating. So should we expect for the guys like Jamal Murray, etc. who are likely first rounders to not participate - which could potentially make room for Moses?

husker71

Overseas money-   I know in the Philippines the maximum a foreign (read American) player can get is $12,000 per month (upped from $8000 recently) for a 4 to 5  month season BUT they give you a driver and free rent in a very nice condo.   I read Draft Express.com and dont see Moses in the top 100 overall prospects. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 01, 2016, 09:09:55 am
https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/726773566876880900

One side of me wants to say "I can't believe they think that player is better than Moses!!" The other side of me thinks "coo coo"

Jonteviosk

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 01, 2016, 11:30:29 am
One side of me wants to say "I can't believe they think that player is better than Moses!!" The other side of me thinks "coo coo"

ITS ok moses come on back we most definitely love you and want you. MOSES is not going overseas to play whoever keeps suggesting that is a moron
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

uncle bubs

Quote from: Jonteviosk on May 01, 2016, 02:45:52 pm
ITS ok moses come on back we most definitely love you and want you. MOSES is not going overseas to play whoever keeps suggesting that is a moron
Eh, I wouldn't go around calling people morons who share a different opinion than you. I hope he comes back because I'm a razorback fan, but nobody has the slightest clue what he's gonna do. He might go over seas, he might not. Nobody's a moron either way.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

Captain Morgan

Why is it okay for Jonteviosk to call all other posters that don't agree with him names? :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Big Nasty 34

Don't see him going overseas until after he graduates. Not a marshawm Powell situation here. Also, I think he has a GF here so that probably helps our odds of him staying.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on May 01, 2016, 09:58:54 am
Thanks for all the updating. So should we expect for the guys like Jamal Murray, etc. who are likely first rounders to not participate - which could potentially make room for Moses?

The trend lately is for the guaranteed high lottery picks to skip the combine all together. Measurements, everything. The combine is now pretty much a place for borderline guys to make their class -- whether that's borderline lottery to borderline first round to borderline second round. There's no reason for the top guys to show up at the combine an do any kind drills or competition. There's really only downside in that. So guys like Simmons, Murray, Dunn, etc., they aren't going to be at the combine. The question is then, how far down on the list is Moses Kingsley? Honestly, I'm kinda surprised guys like Poythress and Marcus Lee are alternates over him (unless maybe he's an outright invite).

But I see as many as 9 names on the invite list that won't participate based just on the draft projection. I've also seen the NBA choose not to replace guys at a certain point, so there's no guarantee there will be a one-for-one withdraw-to-replacement ratio. That list of alternates could be it. And probably is. There's also no international names on that list so far, but I counted only two that participated last year.

Hawg Red

Updated list:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/727120355899412480

I was wrong about the alternate list -- it has increased. But still no Moses.

klp1

If Moses is left off the final list, its a sure sign that NBA folks don't think he's ready.

Hawg Red

Quote from: klp1 on May 02, 2016, 09:26:30 am
If Moses is left on the final list, its a sure sign that NBA folks don't think he's ready.

Yes. If he's not invited to the combine, he probably isn't really on the radar too much.

BRHogfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 02, 2016, 09:39:55 am
Yes. If he's not invited to the combine, he probably isn't really on the radar too much.

It could also be that they believe they know everything they need to know.

HouSwine

Get the degree first, to be able to immediately transition into whatever you want to Moses. IMO

Hawg Red

Quote from: BRHogfan on May 02, 2016, 09:54:22 am

That would not be a good thing, IMO. If he has potential value to NBA teams, they're going want him at the combine. I say this because he's a guy that has had one really good year. He's not a guy that's been known to scouts for several years like VanVleet or Yogi Ferrell. Those marginal NBA guys that the scouts probably know all the need to about. If they feel like they have Moses figured out, I don't think that's good for him.

zebradynasty

Quote from: BRHogfan on May 02, 2016, 09:54:22 am

Naw if his name isn't on that list...he's not on the NBA radar. So it's looking real good that he is coming back!

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Captain Morgan on May 01, 2016, 02:54:29 pm
Why is it okay for Jonteviosk to call all other posters that don't agree with him names? :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Because Morgan I don't call all other posters morons just fair weathered fans like you who know nothing about basketball.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Generally, whenever someone on Hogville is so sure something is not going to happen - it happens.

hogsanity

Quote from: Captain Morgan on May 01, 2016, 02:54:29 pm

You know darn well why, name calling is just fine if defending Mike.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogberry Snortcake