Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If ST is to Replace MZ, MZ should replace ST

Started by daydreamer, April 18, 2016, 11:13:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

Bo brought this up today and he is right. Zimmerman has a great knowledge of the game and absolutely stupendous conversational abilities.  Plus a great on air voice!  Scotty was monotonous, boring, but knowledgeable.   If Matt gets on-air he is going to be Gold!  DRAFT Zimmerman!
"You haven't done anything today if your still talking about yesterday" - Lou Holtz 1978, Hog Locker room exit tunnel.

rude1

If by stupendous conversational abilities you mean he can ramble on and on, I agree. Otherwise the times I have heard Zimm on radio, he didn't strike me as a guy who could keep someone engaged while listening to his conversation.

daydreamer

Point well taken.  I come from a basic understanding, so I was engaged.  There are different levels listening, you seem very knowledgeable, me less so.
"You haven't done anything today if your still talking about yesterday" - Lou Holtz 1978, Hog Locker room exit tunnel.

daydreamer

Rude1, was was your opinion on ST's radio value?

Kevin

so bo praises a guy from the u of a, who comes on his show, shocking
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Kevin on April 19, 2016, 11:35:25 am
so bo praises a guy from the u of a, who comes on his show, shocking

Have you heard him talk about Anderson lately?  No positive spin, and surprisingly critical.  I get where you are coming from though because he is so far up BB's a** he can tell you what Bielema had for lunch.  Bo was the same way for Nutt. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 19, 2016, 11:52:22 am
Have you heard him talk about Anderson lately?  No positive spin, and surprisingly critical.  I get where you are coming from though because he is so far up BB's a** he can tell you what Bielema had for lunch.  Bo was the same way for Nutt. 

Yeah, there is no more objectivity with Bo regarding Bielema.

rude1

Quote from: daydreamer on April 18, 2016, 11:37:37 pm
My opinion is based off hearing him doing radio interviews, he had no difficulty talking but seemed to be more rambling to me where at the end I am thinking "he could have given me that information in a paragraph or two".

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 19, 2016, 11:54:01 am
Yeah, there is no more objectivity with Bo regarding Bielema.

I like CBB and think he is doing a great job.  Most radio guys in AR are going to be homers to a degree, but with the Being Bielema deal Bo has lost any shred of objectivity.  It's in Bo's best interest to be as positive as possible about Bret because they are to a degree partners in this venture and Bo would not want to risk losing his most favored status. 

I'm not saying some of the criticism of CMA isn't valid but Bo is to the point where it seems like he's got to balance out his praise of Bielema with criticism of Anderson. 

It's a bad look all around and makes him (Bo) come off more phony baloney that before. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razoredge178

Quote from: daydreamer on April 18, 2016, 11:37:37 pm

$0

He has an extraordinarily limited vocabulary, but does a fantastic job at stating the obvious.

daydreamer

Myself and friends cringed at Scotty's color commentary, due to his low volume, and monotonous voice.  Regardless of what he said, he put people to sleep. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 19, 2016, 11:52:22 am

He was the same way about Nolan in terms of how he is about MA.

Athog

Quote from: rude1 on April 18, 2016, 11:23:48 pm
If by stupendous conversational abilities you mean he can ramble on and on, I agree. Otherwise the times I have heard Zimm on radio, he didn't strike me as a guy who could keep someone engaged while listening to his conversation.

Well Scotty would not hold you on the edge of your seat either. At times I was wishing Scotty would ramble.