Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From Moses POV

Started by Porked Tongue, April 13, 2016, 04:26:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

FLASHBACK:  1 year ago Qualls declared and got hurt before the draft.  Because he had signed with an agent those in between weeks turned out to be a nightmare.

TODAY:  By taking advantage of the new rule, Moses is giving himself several insurance policies.  The first is obvious if he's sold on NBA or College, he'll get a more definitive answer.  The second(maybe most important) is if he gets hurt before the draft, he can very easily stay at the UA.

If the unthinkable injury occurs he can continue his education, get treatment on the UA's dime and survive without a professional income for another year.

This declare and still back out rule serves a good purpose.

Other than dead cinches for the lottery, the risk of injury(see Qualls) should make most underclassmen choose the opt out route.

IMO, he's leaving as it stands whether it's NBA or elsewhere.  But in the meanwhile, he's in school and taking advantage of his choices.

Atlhogfan1

http://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard

Did some quick browsing.  Some here may know more about the quality of this site than I do. They have Moses at 52 in their last update from 3/9 +49 spots apparently from their previous list.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/moses-kingsley

Comparisons: Hilton Armstrong and Antonio Davis. 

Last two 52nd picks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasilije_Mici%C4%87

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satnam_Singh_Bhamara
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

nwahogfan1

No doubt it is a no brainer for Moses to declare and get all the extra exposure and coaching.   But it does leave Coaches with uncertainty and questions in recruiting.  I think it forces Coaches to over sign now to cover potential holes in their roster.

Marshfieldhog

Anderson is probably screwed if Moses leaves, there is just not much left inside and will most likely result in another year where we don't make the NCAA. I really hope he stays.

mhuff

If we don't have another center in place , it will be the coup de grace for CMA unless we win anyway.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on April 23, 2016, 11:31:15 am
Anderson is probably screwed if Moses leaves, there is just not much left inside and will most likely result in another year where we don't make the NCAA. I really hope he stays.
Exactly. If Trey Thompson fouls out we're screwed. Teams will just out rebound us and kill us in the paint.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Scott7703

Everything I've heard is he will stay if he isn't a 1st round pick.

An AAU coach in my area who has ties to Moses said he would put it at 90% he comes back.

jry04

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 23, 2016, 04:48:40 pm

An AAU coach in my area who has ties to Moses said he would put it at 90% he comes back.
If that is true, then he is staying. There is 0 chance he is taken in the first round this year.

Razorod

As a selfish fan, I hope he stays. With him, I think we'll be a solid team next year.

Also, I hope he works/plays himself into a 1st round choice in 2017.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Danny J

Quote from: Razorod on April 23, 2016, 05:25:34 pm
As a selfish fan, I hope he stays. With him, I think we'll be a solid team next year.

Also, I hope he works/plays himself into a 1st round choice in 2017.
Good post

batmanfan

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 23, 2016, 04:48:40 pm

I like Scottt7703's sources.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Pork Twain

I love this new rule and the opportunity it gives the players.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawg Red

I've read that the opinion on this new rule is mixed across the 30 NBA teams. Some are annoyed by it and won't work out players with no business in the draft, some are eager to start building a database on players that might be testing the waters each season until they're ready to stay in. This is just the first year. Things will settle in a few years. No matter how you feel about the bulk of the effects of the rule, it's great for juniors like Moses because they get a chance to legitimately workout for NBA teams where they weren't able to in the past because the NCAA had set it's withdrawal deadline so early.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 25, 2016, 09:10:39 am
I've read that the opinion on this new rule is mixed across the 30 NBA teams. Some are annoyed by it and won't work out players with no business in the draft, some are eager to start building a database on players that might be testing the waters each season until they're ready to stay in. This is just the first year. Things will settle in a few years. No matter how you feel about the bulk of the effects of the rule, it's great for juniors like Moses because they get a chance to legitimately workout for NBA teams where they weren't able to in the past because the NCAA had set it's withdrawal deadline so early.

Agree.
If it's great for these young men, then I am all for it. If it's bad for the NBA, screw em.
I know the NBA is where the $ is at and where all these men want to end up but if the NBA gets their way it creates uncertainties for college players and coaches. If the NCAA gets their way, it puts a wrinkle in those making NBA draft picks. I favor the college athlete over the NBA any day.

MB Hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 25, 2016, 09:10:39 am
If the rule plays out like it should, it will keep many college basketball players from making the terrible mistake of going pro only to find out too late that the NBA doesn't have a place for them yet.

Van Boarisson