Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After the Auburn Loss

Started by Cotton, October 20, 2017, 08:39:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

Anybody got this guys info?

(It's okay to laugh and cry at the same time)
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

DeltaBoy

A good reminder for Jeff Long , Don't push the Fans too far with a subpar product.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

island hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 08:44:04 am
A good reminder for Jeff Long , Don't push the Fans too far with a subpar product.
also a good reminder of how pathetic some in our fanbase can be.  Had friends of mine laughing at me and our Hog fans when that went down... it's one thing to be unhappy with the coach, team performance, etc. but it's another to embarrass the players and majority of fans with this crap.   

buldozer

^^^This!^^^

jst01

Quote from: island hog on October 20, 2017, 08:56:13 am
also a good reminder of how pathetic some in our fanbase can be.  Had friends of mine laughing at me and our Hog fans when that went down... it's one thing to be unhappy with the coach, team performance, etc. but it's another to embarrass the players and majority of fans with this crap.   

and being about dead last in the SEC in 2 out of 5 years doesn't make anyone laugh at us.

go hogues

Meh.

Make any self respecting program spend ten years in mediocrity and they'd do the same or worse. Hell, we stole the idea from Florida. I remember the thread title on HV asking for banner donations - it read: "Let's Zook Nutt!"
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Vantage 8 dude

Totally agree. Don't like the coach, be unhappy with the record, etc., however, remember these kids are not being paid and still have to try to go out and compete for their university. While in frustration it's hard to separate the two, one still has to be able to do it.

BTW I'm still going to root for the Hogs as hard as I can. I'm also going to hope they're able to somehow bring us home a victory because as I've stated many times in the past it's ultimately THEIR success I'm rooting for. As far as the HC I have no personal feelings one way or another.

Cotton

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 20, 2017, 09:04:46 am
Totally agree. Don't like the coach, be unhappy with the record, etc., however, remember these kids are not being paid and still have to try to go out and compete for their university. While in frustration it's hard to separate the two, one still has to be able to do it.

BTW I'm still going to root for the Hogs as hard as I can. I'm also going to hope they're able to somehow bring us home a victory because as I've stated many times in the past it's ultimately THEIR success I'm rooting for. As far as the HC I have no personal feelings one way or another.
For the record, I root for a Hog victory 100% no matter what. Regardless that I want Bert gone, I would don't cheer against him or our program.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

smb

Quote from: jst01 on October 20, 2017, 09:01:41 am
and being about dead last in the SEC in 2 out of 5 years doesn't make anyone laugh at us.
This.
GeorgiaHOG

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Seebs

I'm confused Delta - what should happen to Long and CBB?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jgphillips3

Let's remember where we got the banner idea.  That's right, the fire Zook movement at Florida.  We would generally regard them as an upper level program...correct?  It's not like we got the idea from Bowling Green.  Also, when the heads of the program are too damn rich and drunk on power and SEC money, sometimes making a scene is the only voice the powerless have.  Bravo Reaganite and the banners.  If Long sticks with CBB, bring them back.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Hello, History Revisionist.
Without those banners and other heat, King Clown remains coach.   By now, possibly AD with Frank's endorsement.

Cry like a 9 y/o girl all you want.  The measures taken was cutting off two limbs to save the patient.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Tusks

The banner says 0-2 in the SEC.  My how times have changed.  Now it would say 0-4.  Fans are slipping.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tusks

How about if he loses to OMU we fly a banner for Costal Carolina with 0-5 in the SEC on it?

HotlantaHog

No banners please! Save them for a coach that has serious ethical issues and embarrasses the university.

Not a CBB fan, just don't see any reason to humiliate him. It won't make a difference.

LJHOG

the Darksider War ...... many a pumper was banned in them days .......

Tusks

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 20, 2017, 10:00:59 am
No banners please! Save them for a coach that has serious ethical issues and embarrasses the university.
Not a CBB fan, just don't see any reason to humiliate him. It won't make a difference.

How about a 'Jeff Long do your job' banner

Torqued pork

The Mizzou game would be the appropriate time for a banner. It will be the 1 year anniversary of the game that awakened the darksider in all of us.

hassettsportsman

What will the attendance be?  How many empty seats?

Tusks

Quote from: hassettsportsman on October 20, 2017, 10:35:21 am
What will the attendance be?  How many empty seats?

Yeah there's no use in flying a banner if there's no fans to see it.

That's why I think Costal is the game to do it if they lose to OMU.

East Clintwood

It's coming.

If Bert is brought back for another season the banners will fly.

It's coming.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DeltaBoy

Quote from: go hogues on October 20, 2017, 09:02:49 am
Meh.

Make any self respecting program spend ten years in mediocrity and they'd do the same or worse. Hell, we stole the idea from Florida. I remember the thread title on HV asking for banner donations - it read: "Let's Zook Nutt!"

The Force of the Darksiders was STRONG! in those days
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jst01 on October 20, 2017, 09:01:41 am
Go ahead and drop that mic

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Seebs on October 20, 2017, 09:40:04 am
I'm confused Delta - what should happen to Long and CBB?

They both need to go away but the general consensus is they are not so it time to line up the heavy artillery.

DeltaBoy

Don't forget the full page ad in the Paper either.

DLUXHOG

Thank you, You're on the money!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

East Clintwood

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 12:39:24 pm

I thought about that but will anybody see it?

I think I only know 2 people that read the paper anymore.

Money is probably better spent on banners and billboards.

kp72204

Question? How do you let the powers be know that you are unhappy with the product and the direction of the program? If you stop going and buying gear then "your not a real fan" and you don't support the student athletes. So if you continue to go and buy gear (which I do, in the military and love to let people know I'm from Arkansas) aren't you supporting mediocrity? Last question..... If he keeps up grade point average, but loses every game (including Coastal Carolina), has several players transferring, and loses the team's respect would you still support the team/ which in turn supports mediocrity by keeping the coach who "throws players under the bus".

HotlantaHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 12:39:24 pm
I much prefer newspaper ads.... Newspapers do a public service and they really need the advertising!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: kp72204 on October 20, 2017, 12:53:47 pm
Question? How do you let the powers be know that you are unhappy with the product and the direction of the program? If you stop going and buying gear then "your not a real fan" and you don't support the student athletes. So if you continue to go and buy gear (which I do, in the military and love to let people know I'm from Arkansas) aren't you supporting mediocrity? Last question..... If he keeps up grade point average, but loses every game (including Coastal Carolina), has several players transferring, and loses the team's respect would you still support the team/ which in turn supports mediocrity by keeping the coach who "throws players under the bus".

Be patient...  all things are cyclical (you should know this)

BigE_23

News flash...your friends are probably still laughing and our players and fans should already be embarrassed.

Cylinder

You can't effectively fly banners anymore since stadiums with cap > 30,000 are TFRed under 3000 feet AGL for 3 miles during NCAA  Div-1 football games.

BigE_23

Quote from: Cylinder on October 20, 2017, 12:59:46 pm
You can't effectively fly banners anymore since stadiums with cap > 30,000 are TFRed under 3000 feet AGL for 3 miles during NCAA  Div-1 football games.

Another "Houston Nutt rule" in college football? ;)

DLUXHOG

go hogues

Agreed.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

East Clintwood

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 20, 2017, 12:55:52 pm
Be patient...  all things are cyclical (you should know this)

Right.

It won't happen in your lifetime but maybe you grandkids will see change.

Redhogs

What about the way HE is currently humiliating the Razorback football program?? Does that make a difference??
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 01:06:24 pm
Right.

It won't happen in your lifetime but maybe you grandkids will change.

Actually it has happened several times in my life... <Frank Broyles it was dismal (I wasn't born yet so guess it's irrelevant)...  1964 National Championship (I was a toddler, so I guess you can say it was irrelevant, 1976 Lou Holtz years and we seriously sniffed a  NC after seriously stomping a mudhole in OU in the Orange Bowl...  Hatfield years, still on top...   Nutt years - also rans.    Petrino years, back on top...   Bielema years, jury is still out....e

East Clintwood

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 20, 2017, 01:15:19 pm

.  .  .   Bielema years, jury is still out....e

This negates anything else you might have said.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 12:48:39 pm

There should be a picture of it somewhere here on the Ville.
And your right Newspaper readership is way down from back then.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 20, 2017, 01:15:19 pm
Actually it has happened several times in my life... <Frank Broyles it was dismal (I wasn't born yet so guess it's irrelevant)...  1964 National Championship (I was a toddler, so I guess you can say it was irrelevant, 1976 Lou Holtz years and we seriously sniffed a  NC after seriously stomping a mudhole in OU in the Orange Bowl...  Hatfield years, still on top...   Nutt years - also rans.    Petrino years, back on top...   Bielema years, jury is still out....e

So you skipped Danny Ford who had 5 years here.  Which is what Bert is approaching.  If you take into consideration that DF played 11 game schedules and BB has 12 game schedules with an FCS patsy added, their records are and trends are very similar.  DF peaked in year 3 with 8 wins.  BB peaked in year 3 with 8 wins.  Year 4 for BB wasn't quite as bad as Danny's year 4, but year 5 is right on track to match DF year 5.  The jury may still be out but they are deliberating and if BB finished 5-7 then that's every bit as bad as DF's 4-7 in year 5.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

It worked, didn't it?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Slimgoodman

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 12:48:39 pm

Only the literate ones would see it.....

hawgdeere48

We have to remember that these are still kids and they are still very easily influenced! We don't want them to take it personally effect their performance on the field and in the classroom. Same goes for the recruits. Stay supportive and of good character, lets not stoop to that level.

hogfan870

Yeah - the thing that struck me about the OP was that it was only 0-2.  We are already 0-3, and "after the Auburn loss" (which looks probable) we will be 0-4; now that is an ugly banner.     

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogfan870 on October 20, 2017, 02:37:04 pm
Yeah - the thing that struck me about the OP was that it was only 0-2.  We are already 0-3, and "after the Auburn loss" (which looks probable) we will be 0-4; now that is an ugly banner.   
Here's an idea: go ahead and stay with original 0-2 banner, however, just a +"1" at the end after each subsequent loss. Means the same without having to scrap the original to start all over.  ;) :)

Cotton

Quote from: hawgdeere48 on October 20, 2017, 02:35:03 pm
We have to remember that these are still kids and they are still very easily influenced! We don't want them to take it personally effect their performance on the field and in the classroom. Same goes for the recruits. Stay supportive and of good character, lets not stoop to that level.
YOU CAN'T FOOL ME JEFF I KNOW THATS YOU!!

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX