Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"...a dirty pair of coaches..."

Started by Martygit, September 27, 2017, 08:34:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wachhog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:07:27 am
Enumerate and explain Petrino's list of NCAA infractions.
Nobody has ever accused him of cheating. Word is he wants out of Louisville after Jurich. Wait for it; he will soon be coaching against us in the SEC.

311Hog

Quote from: wachhog on September 27, 2017, 01:18:15 pm
Nobody has ever accused him of cheating. Word is he wants out of Louisville after Jurich. Wait for it; he will soon be coaching against us in the SEC.

His all world QB is also gone after this year i would assume so yeah good time to leave.

hawgon

Remember, lying to a federal investigator is a crime.  There are going to be some big scalps nailed to the wall over this simply because some people may have talked to federal agents when they simply should have shut up.

gchamblee

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 01:19:28 pm
His all world QB is also gone after this year i would assume so yeah good time to leave.

Fits the 4 year timeline too amirite?

311Hog

i know one thing the FBI better eat it's wheaties because they got alot of irons in the fire in terms of investigations.

Corruption doesn't sleep obviously

Atlhogfan1

So will Strong's defensive recruits. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

311Hog

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorbackers

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 01:17:34 pm
NCAA may not have a choice. This thing may envelope the NCAA to.

Baylor and PSU didn't get one, so Louisville ain't getting one.

Redhogs

The qb he found, signed, and coached to a Heisman you mean?  Damn that Petrino gets lucky, as our program melts down.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

311Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 01:41:16 pm
The qb he found, signed, and coached to a Heisman you mean?  Damn that Petrino gets lucky, as our program melts down.

tell me the odds of finding, coaching more than one Heisman QB's in a coaches lifetime?

dude was also a 3 star yall hate 3star players don't ya White

Also how many championships so far?

Razorbackers

Coached to a Hesiman and a 9-4 record.

Atlhogfan1

BP didn't find him and had to be begged to sign. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 01:43:12 pm
Coached to a Hesiman and a 9-4 record.

In arguably the toughest conference in CFB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

311Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:47:12 pm

Is every conference the toughest conference in CFB ? i mean really there has to be at least 3 of them at this point.

that 5 star kid is probably amazing, but odds tell me you cannot have 2 Heisman QB's so based on that alone something will go wrong with this, the success level will not be as high.

gchamblee

In all fairness, 3 of those losses were outside the conference. Houston, Kentucky and an interim coached LSU

Wildhog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 01:48:48 pm
Is every conference the toughest conference in CFB ? i mean really there has to be at least 3 of them at this point.

that 5 star kid is probably amazing, but odds tell me you cannot have 2 Heisman QB's so based on that alone something will go wrong with this, the success level will not be as high.

IF he stays at UL (big if), I'd wager that his level of success stays pretty darn high.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 01:49:37 pm
In all fairness, 3 of those losses were outside the conference. Houston, Kentucky and an interim coached LSU

The UK loss is bad, for sure. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

311Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:49:39 pm
IF he stays at UL (big if), I'd wager that his level of success stays pretty darn high.

i would think it stays where it always has been, this of course unless the University as a whole ends up being unilaterally punished for this FBI situation.
I am just saying while you point out he does have a 5 star QB on the way i am saying that the law of averages come into play IE Heisman don't strike twice.

Wildhog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 01:51:03 pm
i would think it stays where it always has been, this of course unless the University as a whole ends up being unilaterally punished for this FBI situation.
I am just saying while you point out he does have a 5 star QB on the way i am saying that the law of averages come into play IE Heisman don't strike twice.

His QB doesn't have to be a Heisman winner for them to have a high level of success.  They just have to be able to run Petrino's offense.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorbackers

ehhh

They played 3 ranked teams all year, 1 of which was LSU in their bowl game that they lost.

They did beat FSU though.

They also lost to Kentucky.

Their division is certainly tougher than folks around here would give them credit for, but they still get Syracuse, Wake, and BC in that lineup every year.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:51:56 pm
His QB doesn't have to be a Heisman winner for them to have a high level of success.  They just have to be able to run Petrino's offense.

Bingo

Redhogs

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 01:42:46 pm
tell me the odds of finding, coaching more than one Heisman QB's in a coaches lifetime?

Also how many championships so far?
Tell me the odds of having one genius... If he leaves LV, it sure won't be because he can't coach up another QB. Wish you worried as much about Bert's failure as CBP's success. If winning a CFB is your baseline, things around here are worse than can be imagined.

311Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:51:56 pm

While this is true, watching them play it seems like his QB carries an awful lot of the burden for this offense.  I am simply saying that i would not expect him to get near the same level of production from the QB spot, that just on the simply law of averages that you will not get Heisman level production even if the kid is a 5 star recruit.

While i am pretty sure he will beat every team he is supposed to, and probably win 8 to 10 games just like always.

311Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 01:53:52 pm
Tell me the odds of having one genius... If he leaves LV, it sure won't be because he can't coach up another QB. Wish you worried as much about Bert's failure as CBP's success. If winning a CFB is your baseline, things around here are worse than can be imagined.

thanks for making my point White.

Wildhog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 01:54:49 pm
While this is true, watching them play it seems like his QB carries an awful lot of the burden for this offense.  I am simply saying that i would not expect him to get near the same level of production from the QB spot, that just on the simply law of averages that you will not get Heisman level production even if the kid is a 5 star recruit.

While i am pretty sure he will beat every team he is supposed to, and probably win 8 to 10 games just like always.

Something that should also be mentioned is that he's altered his offense a little to suit the skill-set of Jackson.  He'd do the same thing for the next kid.  Petrino gets the most out of the talent that he's got.

Also, 8-10 wins/year sounds incredible.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 01:46:50 pm
BP didn't find him and had to be begged to sign.
Guess you in the room then huh and heard the whole conversation ? regardless, he signed him, coached, and he won the Heisman.

Redhogs

gchamblee

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 01:59:12 pm
Guess you in the room then huh and heard the whole conversation ? regardless, he signed him, coached, and he won the Heisman.

Do you take that same approach when acknowledging that JL hired him?

311Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:57:22 pm
Something that should also be mentioned is that he's altered his offense a little to suit the skill-set of Jackson.  He'd do the same thing for the next kid.  Petrino gets the most out of the talent that he's got.

Also, 8-10 wins/year sounds incredible.

of course it does, but i am not accepting 8 to 10 wins a year if the cost is letting my coach behave the way he did will here at Arkansas.  Which is why White Goodman will be along shortly to chastise me.

I want my diploma to be worth something and i am not trading it for 8 to 10 wins a year.

Next1_04

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 01:59:12 pm

Little guy is really starting to poke out now. Better calm down it down so you don't get sticky.

Wildhog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 02:00:16 pm
of course it does, but i am not accepting 8 to 10 wins a year if the cost is letting my coach behave the way he did will here at Arkansas.  Which is why White Goodman will be along shortly to chastise me.

I want my diploma to be worth something and i am not trading it for 8 to 10 wins a year.

Understand, I'm not saying we shouldn't have fired him.  He completely deserved it.  I just view his time at Arkansas as a positive, and don't feel the need to discredit his coaching now that he's gone.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Redhogs

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 02:00:07 pm
Do you take that same approach when acknowledging that JL hired him?
What are you even talking about? I don't know how coaching a qb relates to anything JL did or did not do.

jabberjawls

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 01:56:05 pm
thanks for making my point White.
If that is your point, then you had already made it. I think you need to be clearer on the points you want to make. It seemed as though you were somehow saying that our current coach CBB is better than Louisville's coach CBP. 

311Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 02:04:50 pm
Understand, I'm not saying we shouldn't have fired him.  He completely deserved it.  I just view his time at Arkansas as a positive, and don't feel the need to discredit his coaching now that he's gone.

I also view his time here as a positive and he is positively a genius offensive coach.  I am not discrediting him at all, we were talking because the blocks are there, he does typically seem to move around alot, he just lost his AD, his school is the first in the cross hairs of a huge investigation, his Heisman QB is going etc.

Just acknowledging that if he was going to leave soon would not be surprising.

Wildhog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 02:08:45 pm
I also view his time here as a positive and he is positively a genius offensive coach.  I am not discrediting him at all, we were talking because the blocks are there, he does typically seem to move around alot, he just lost his AD, his school is the first in the cross hairs of a huge investigation, his Heisman QB is going etc.

Oh, well I totally agree with that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

311Hog

Quote from: jabberjawls on September 27, 2017, 02:07:28 pm
If that is your point, then you had already made it. I think you need to be clearer on the points you want to make. It seemed as though you were somehow saying that our current coach CBB is better than Louisville's coach CBP. 

White Goodman did you log onto another account ? lol

My point was that his 5 star all world recruit coming in will not win the Heisman.  That is it nothing to do with CBB i haven't even mentioned his name in 4 pages of posts until right now.

Redhogs

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 27, 2017, 02:04:15 pm
Little guy is really starting to poke out now. Better calm down it down so you don't get sticky.
Not this time.

Redhogs

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 02:08:45 pm

If you would have said this, like this, we would have never had a disagreement.

311Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 02:15:22 pm
If you would have said this, like this, we would have never had a disagreement.

i been saying this like this since the beginning.  I have a vested interest in the University of Arkansas beyond football.  I loved CBP as a coach and i loved the time he was here i really thought he could do it, get us over the hump and to Atlanta, but he totally let me down that day with the bike wreck and the mistress/uofa employee fiasco.   

My personal opinion is that i would not trade my schools reputation for success on the field.  Others may not agree.  This case was as clear as you can be of either we take the reputation hit and keep CBP or our on the field success will take a hit.  I am totally fine with the choice that was made.

jabberjawls

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 02:10:07 pm
White Goodman did you log onto another account ? lol

My point was that his 5 star all world recruit coming in will not win the Heisman.  That is it nothing to do with CBB i haven't even mentioned his name in 4 pages of posts until right now.
So what?  how many Heisman trophies do they give away each year?  How many 5 star all world recruits do we have coming in?

Redhogs

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 02:18:15 pm
i been saying this like this since the beginning.  I have a vested interest in the University of Arkansas beyond football.  I loved CBP as a coach and i loved the time he was here i really thought he could do it, get us over the hump and to Atlanta, but he totally let me down that day with the bike wreck and the mistress/uofa employee fiasco.   

My personal opinion is that i would not trade my schools reputation for success on the field.  Others may not agree.  This case was as clear as you can be of either we take the reputation hit and keep CBP or our on the field success will take a hit.  I am totally fine with the choice that was made.
It's all good...i do think you can keep a good reputation AND win, we just have to find the right coach...granted, it's getting harder and harder with the world as it is now.

311Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 02:23:53 pm
It's all good...i do think you can keep a good reputation AND win, we just have to find the right coach...granted, it's getting harder and harder with the world as it is now.

Oh i totally agree here as well, just in that particular situation with Petrino and what happened it was a definite either or situation, both was not possible.

There has to be a coach out there that can win and not turn your rep to crap

jabberjawls

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 02:18:15 pm

Its so funny that we (UA)are the ONLY school saying that our "integrity" reputation would have suffered had we retained CBP.  Keep believing that, and everything else JL feeds you, if it makes you feel better about our mediocre program.

311Hog

Quote from: jabberjawls on September 27, 2017, 02:21:22 pm
So what?  how many Heisman trophies do they give away each year?  How many 5 star all world recruits do we have coming in?

will go real slow for you.  Question was would CBP leave Louisville now that all these things are happening, one of those "things" was his Heisman QB is surely leaving after this season, this is the same QB that is basically carrying that team right now, it is not a stretch to think that the QB play next year at Louisville will go down, another poster linked their 5 star QB commit, which is great i simply said that the odds of a coach finding 1 Heisman trophy winner QB are astronomical which pretty much makes finding 2 much less back to back .000000000000000000000000001% meaning it isn't going to happen it is as close to a certainty in this world as you are going to get.

Nothing to do with "us" nothing to do with CBB.

311Hog

Quote from: jabberjawls on September 27, 2017, 02:27:27 pm
Its so funny that we (UA)are the ONLY school saying that our "integrity" reputation would have suffered had we retained CBP.  Keep believing that, and everything else JL feeds you, if it makes you feel better about our mediocre program.

only an idiot would not recognize that our reputation would take a hit if he stayed. Hell man our reputation took a hit when he CAME to the school, before the bike/mistress thing even happened.....

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jabberjawls on September 27, 2017, 02:27:27 pm

Not the only.  If we were the only one who worried about it BP wouldn't have had to go to WKU.  Tenn, AU, NC St, Purdue all hired coaches that year. 

jabberjawls

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 02:28:52 pm
only an idiot would not recognize that our reputation would take a hit if he stayed. Hell man our reputation took a hit when he CAME to the school, before the bike/mistress thing even happened.....
I would say that only an idiot resorts to name calling when they cannot support their argument, but unlike you, i can support my argument. Follow closely, and i will go slow for you:  All of the JL huggers have insisted that CBP was given the option, with conditions,  of being retained as our head coach but that CBP flinched.  So apparently Mr. Integrity himself didn't think that retaining CBP would impose this "integrity" hit (whatever your imagination thinks it is) that you believe only an idiot wouldn't see.  So, using your logic (or illogic) you believe that JL is an idiot.  There, we finally agree on something.

jabberjawls

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2017, 02:35:54 pm
Not the only.  If we were the only one who worried about it BP wouldn't have had to go to WKU.  Tenn, AU, NC St, Purdue all hired coaches that year. 
If you truly believe that Tennessee and Auburn are worried about their integrity, then you are naive.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jabberjawls on September 27, 2017, 02:46:53 pm
If you truly believe that Tennessee and Auburn are worried about their integrity, then you are naive.

Reputation wise.  I don't believe they truly practice it.  But they care some about the public perception.