Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"...a dirty pair of coaches..."

Started by Martygit, September 27, 2017, 08:34:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Martygit

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/accxtra/ed-hardin-why-did-the-acc-ever-invite-louisville/article_33e78166-a307-11e7-b966-3f5b8acb372a.html

"It's Louisville, of course: The school that brought us the strippers scandal and a dirty pair of coaches, Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino, and NCAA violations..."
RIP OTR, REV

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Redhogs

Quote from: MartinGit on September 27, 2017, 08:34:55 am
http://www.greensboro.com/sports/accxtra/ed-hardin-why-did-the-acc-ever-invite-louisville/article_33e78166-a307-11e7-b966-3f5b8acb372a.html

"It's Louisville, of course: The school that brought us the strippers scandal and a dirty pair of coaches, Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino, and NCAA violations..."
Not one NCAA violation mentioned about CPP..nice try though..99.9% of article is about Pitino...just stop.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

onebadrubi

The acc needs to not look any further than their bell cow unc

hawgon

Until he gets popped for a major NCAA violation, it's not fair to call Petrino dirty.

HardCore

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 27, 2017, 08:50:06 am
The acc needs to not look any further than their bell cow unc

Good Point...doubt Hardin brings that up that slippery slope too much
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

gchamblee

This is an indictment against their AD and Basketball staff, not Petrino.

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

razorbackfaninar

In fairness the OP was just quoting the article.   

gchamblee

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on September 27, 2017, 09:39:00 am

In fairness we all know the intent of this thread

jgphillips3

Dirty?  Petrino?  That's ridiculous.  He may be a horrible person but there have never been any hints of NCAA violations in his program of which I am aware.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 27, 2017, 09:52:45 am
Dirty?  Petrino?  That's ridiculous.  He may be a horrible person but there have never been any hints of NCAA violations in his program of which I am aware.

His ego didn't allow him to screw with handlers. 

younghog

GO HOGS

gchamblee

https://twitter.com/jdemling/status/913055833721798656

Can confirm Louisville AD Tom Jurich has been relieved of his duties at the school.

gchamblee

when were you when tom jurich dies
i was sat in dorm reading of lamar heisman and coach petrino
'louisville is kill'
'no'
and you???

carolinahogger

I feel so much better about our incompetent coaching staff now.   ;)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 27, 2017, 09:52:45 am

No doubt, his lack of recruiting backs this up.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Cambridge Hog

gchamblee

lol at the posts on reddit regarding their AD being fired.....

"Oh god, Bobby Petrino is completely unsupervised now"

"We will see neck brace and broken leg Bobby petrino"

"... but the only check he has on that behavior now is himself. Oh dear God."

"ULL President Postel's third point of business this morning was to order UofL police to put a boot on Bobby's motorcycles until further notice."

navyhog24

Petrino may be a [CENSORED] and an a-hole, but he doesn't cheat in recruiting.

gchamblee

[–]Cincinnati BearcatsUClaxCats 3 points 23 minutes ago
It was inevitable, and I mean before yesterday's news broke. What do I mean? You don't hire guys like Pitino and Petrino and then expect stuff to not hit the fan one day.

gchamblee

https://twitter.com/DerekVolner/status/913060899199516673

Live on SportsCenter, @michaeleaves reports that Rick Pitino has been fired

gchamblee

This is how win at all costs ends. Just sayin.

311Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:44:18 am

+10000  i am so glad it is finally happening, it is time for the karma to come.

MultipleScoreGasms

hawgon

Quit gloating.  This just means that we are one day closer to Petrino being back in the SEC and beating us like a red headed stepchild.

By contract, his buyout was just reduced by half with the firing of Jurich. 

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 10:48:46 am
Quit gloating.  This just means that we are one day closer to Petrino being back in the SEC and beating us like a red headed stepchild.

Nobody is gloating. This is huge news in the sports world. The only reason you are feeling bullied right now is your position of win at all costs just got a huge shiner.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:50:41 am
Nobody is gloating. This is huge news in the sports world. The only reason you are feeling bullied right now is your position of win at all costs just got a huge shiner.

Oh, I'm win at all costs.  Thanks for identifying yourself, Mr. Long.

LRHawg

Unless you're Bama, where it's an institution.

311Hog

btw this is just the first day.

Let that sink in

gchamblee

It is being reported on radio that Pitino met with the board for less than 3 minutes before being fired. This might have death penalty possibilities.

Atlhogfan1

He'll stay at Louisville as long as the new AD tolerates him or he screws up.  If he does have to find another job, it will be somewhere like UCF or Charlotte.  ADs aren't going to put themselves at risk for him.

Jurich lived with and protected the risks because Louisville had to in order to be attractive to a conference like the ACC. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:56:08 am
It is being reported on radio that Pitino met with the board for less than 3 minutes before being fired. This might have death penalty possibilities.

Jurich was told to fire Pitino, he refused, so they fired both of them.

MultipleScoreGasms

That's interesting.  I was unaware of that little clause.  While we are "spit balling," I wonder what we will be saying if JL winds up as the AD at UL.  They obviously need a dose of integrity.

gchamblee

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2017, 10:57:29 am

Now THAT is how to stand by your hires.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MartinGit on September 27, 2017, 08:34:55 am

Don't forget Denny Crum before those.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgon

Petrino's buyout is now a mere $4.25 million now.  There will be a bidding war between Tennessee, Florida, and maybe Auburn for his services.

Inhogswetrust

Not always but it SHOULD be the way it ends for those type of programs. The only thing is they should also give schools/programs out more death penalties not less.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Redhogs

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on September 27, 2017, 09:39:00 am
With an agenda...and misleading as so.  Probably a member of the "media".

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2017, 10:57:29 am

AT&T phone calls from lawyers in Louisville just jammed the system.....................

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:03:00 am
Petrino's buyout is now a mere $4.25 million now.  There will be a bidding war between Tennessee, Florida, and maybe Auburn for his services.

Yes. After watching Jurich get tossed into the volcano for taking a chance on shady men for the sake of winning, other AD's can't wait to walk the same path.

Redhogs

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:50:41 am
Ah..the red herring again....must cheat to win..got it.

311Hog

this is day 1 of the aftermath. I am curious if more than just the Louisville duo lose their jobs today.

I expect to see lots of people fired in the coming days.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:05:34 am
Yes. After watching Jurich get tossed into the volcano for taking a chance on shady men for the sake of winning, other AD's can't wait to walk the same path.

Enumerate and explain Petrino's list of NCAA infractions.