Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oregon's Jordan Bell

Started by hogwood, March 25, 2017, 09:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

This is the kind of 4 we need. Imagine a guy like him with Moses. Or Gafford and Perry. A 6'9" athletic bruiser. Not too highly recruited. He was a low 4*/high 3*. We can find these guys. We'd only need to get one every 3 years or so. I thought Kapita was a perfect fit for this position. Victor Enoh was a pretty good prospect too. Hope we can find a prospect like this for maybe the 2018 class.

ballinhog

Quote from: hogwood on March 25, 2017, 09:17:36 pm
This is the kind of 4 we need. Imagine a guy like him with Moses. Or Gafford and Perry. A 6'9" athletic bruiser. Not too highly recruited. He was a low 4*/high 3*. We can find these guys. We'd only need to get one every 3 years or so. I thought Kapita was a perfect fit for this position. Victor Enoh was a pretty good prospect too. Hope we can find a prospect like this for maybe the 2018 class.

I wish we could find one in this 17 class. Enoh would've been nice. I'm not sure if there's an impact big man out there that we have a shot at right now

poloprince

I'm pretty sure he isn't 6'9
$PoLoPrInCe$

kaki

Quote from: poloprince on March 26, 2017, 05:24:42 am
not sure if this is meant as sarcasm, but if not, this is one of best examples of the silly discussions that dominate this board.  Regardless of his measured height, with or without shoes, this kid was/is plenty big enough to be a game changer.

hogwood

Was listed as such on the starting lineup on TV. He is listed that way elsewhere too. He certainly appeared 6'9" on the court as KS had several 6'8" players and a 6'10" C.

BossHog12

Saw him play in person yesterday in KC. If he isn't 6'9" he sure plays like it. He had 8 blocks to go along with 13 rebounds, 7 of which came off the offensive glass.

HawgHeadCheese

Wasn't he playing the 5 for Oregon yesterday?

The_Bionic_Pig

March 26, 2017, 09:53:06 pm #7 Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 03:36:21 am by The_Bionic_Pig
One of those coveted scholies offer's is for Mr. Double/Double and I wouldn't​ trade RB for anyone, especially when you consider were leading for his signature.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogwood

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on March 26, 2017, 09:04:19 pm

Yes. But he usually plays the 4 with 6'10" Chris Boucher starting at the 5, who is out with an ACL injury.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on March 26, 2017, 09:04:19 pm

Yeah.  The Ducks starting 5 went 6'9", 6'7" 6'4", 6'2" and 6'2". 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hogwood on March 25, 2017, 09:17:36 pm

I have not seen this kid play but I love what you are saying about him.  We need to add big kids 6'8+ who can get over 240 lbs and who want to mix it up down low.  They do not have to be highly talented in scoring out side the paint but need to be physical plus loves to rebound and defend in the paint.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 26, 2017, 11:41:31 pm
I have not seen this kid play but I love what you are saying about him.  We need to add big kids 6'8+ who can get over 240 lbs and who want to mix it up down low.  They do not have to be highly talented in scoring out side the paint but need to be physical plus loves to rebound and defend in the paint.

Would love this as well. If TT were a little more athletic he would be great in that role.

hawginbigd1

I think we have our own Jordan Bell coming it's just that he is 6'10" or 11".

Pinto

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 28, 2017, 11:06:02 am

He's not as mobile as Jordan Bell but will def protect the rim just as well. Gafford will have a triple double with blocks before his career is over here

hogwood

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 28, 2017, 11:06:02 am

Yeah but if we have a Jordan Bell then we can have two... which is better than one...