Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores Thread.....

Started by SPAL, March 07, 2017, 09:00:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Post any relevant or interesting scores here....

Top 9
La tech 2
Mississippi state 2

SPAL

With Washam batting, he struck out on a wild pitch, catcher throws down to first and hits him in the head, ball bounces off and a run scores from 2nd....

La tech leads 3-2

SPAL

Texas Tech leads Arizona 7-1 in the 6th

SPAL

Nebraska took down Northern Colorado 8-2

SPAL

Final

Oklahoma state 7
Missouri state. 3

SPAL

TikiHog

Vandy 10 C Arkansas 5 F
Ole Miss 1 Georgia St 0 F
FGC 7 Florida 3 F
A&M 16 Rio Grand Valley 7 F
USA 14 Auburn 3 F
Xavier 8 Georgia 4 F
Kentucky 15 Wright St 1 F
Missouri 10 E Ill 1 F
SC 12 Citadel 5 F

SPAL

La tech fell to Stephen F Austin 6-2. Their slide down the RPI continues.

SPAL

Mississippi State lost to Southern Miss 7-5

SPAL

Bryant lost to Hartford 8-7

SPAL

Nebraska lost to cal state Bakersfield 8-6

SPAL

Rhode island beat Sacred Heart 6-4

SPAL

Miami beat Western Michigan 4-3

SPAL

Bryant lost to St Joe 5-1

SPAL

SPAL

SPAL

SPAL

SPAL

SPAL

Mississippi State. 5
Tennessee 4

SPAL

JHicks3636

March 28, 2017, 07:03:09 pm #21 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:15:16 pm by JHicks3636
Midweek SEC games for March 28, 2017, every team except Arkansas will be in action. Alabama will play Auburn in Montgomery. It will not count toward the SEC standings. All games completed on the night.

#22 Ole Miss 5    Little Rock 4, 10 innings
Southeast MO State 6  #23  Missouri  5   
Tennessee  6   Tennessee Tech  0
#9 Florida  4   #10 Florida State  1
Georgia  12  Savannah State  3
#19 Kentucky  13   Cincinnati  7
Mississippi State  8   Memphis  3
Vanderbilt  10   Lipscomb  0, Vandy pitcher loses no-hit bid with 2 outs in the 9th 
Texas A&M  9  Texas State  3
Tulane  7   #6 LSU  6
#6 South Carolina  15  The Citadel  1
#17 Auburn  4   Alabama  3

SPAL

CJ HOG

I wonder just how many midweek games a top ten team can lose before they're not top ten anymore?

cough,cough (LSU)

SPAL

I watched it. Tulane just outplayed them in ever facet.

BroyledNutts

I was not impressed with either Bama nor Auburn ... granted, those are mid-week guys working, but I didn't see anything intimidating from the mound, and neither offense gave me pause.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 28, 2017, 11:28:15 pm
I was not impressed with either Bama nor Auburn … granted, those are mid-week guys working, but I didn't see anything intimidating from the mound, and neither offense gave me pause.

I agree.  I would hate to be them and have to play a conference game in the middle of the week though.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Wisco Pig

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 29, 2017, 09:19:25 am
I agree.  I would hate to be them and have to play a conference game in the middle of the week though.

It's a rivalry game for sure, but the Alabama-Auburn game last night does not count in the conference standings.  The game is akin to the annual Governor's Cup match-up between Ole Miss and Mississippi State, which doesn't count in the SEC standings, either.

Mr.Swine89

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 28, 2017, 10:41:39 pm
I watched it. Tulane just outplayed them in ever facet.

Tulane looked like the better team in every aspect. LSU didn't throw their big dogs on the mound to start the game, but Tulane looks salty. They did everything you gotta do to win the game.

jbell96

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 28, 2017, 11:28:15 pm
I was not impressed with either Bama nor Auburn ... granted, those are mid-week guys working, but I didn't see anything intimidating from the mound, and neither offense gave me pause.

Auburn isn't that impressive from an offensive standpoint, but their weekend pitchers are legit. Keegan Thompson, their ace, who is 4-0 with a 0.70 ERA, and Casey Mize, who is 3-1 with a 0.98 ERA. These guys swept Florida two weeks ago so going down there and winning a series will be challenging.

JHicks3636

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 29, 2017, 09:19:25 am

I do not think this game counted in the conference standings. Later in the season they still play a 3-game conference series.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 29, 2017, 09:41:39 am
It's a rivalry game for sure, but the Alabama-Auburn game last night does not count in the conference standings.  The game is akin to the annual Governor's Cup match-up between Ole Miss and Mississippi State, which doesn't count in the SEC standings, either.
Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 29, 2017, 10:37:03 am
I do not think this game counted in the conference standings. Later in the season they still play a 3-game conference series.

Thanks, I did not know that.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PorkRyan

Quote from: jbell96 on March 29, 2017, 10:29:20 am
Auburn isn't that impressive from an offensive standpoint, but their weekend pitchers are legit. Keegan Thompson, their ace, who is 4-0 with a 0.70 ERA, and Casey Mize, who is 3-1 with a 0.98 ERA. These guys swept Florida two weeks ago so going down there and winning a series will be challenging.

What's the latest on Thompson?  I know he was having some shoulder issues last week. 

Kevin

tendinitis in his shoulder. was suppose to throw bullpen yesterday to see if he would be good to go this weekend vs the gamecocks
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

Quote from: PorkRyan on March 29, 2017, 12:12:32 pm
What's the latest on Thompson?  I know he was having some shoulder issues last week. 

From yesterday's daily update at D1 sports
"Worth noting: there's a chance they could get ace Keegan Thompson back for that series. Auburn coach Butch Thompson told Kendall Rogers that Keegan has a bout of shoulder tendinitis but hasn't been ruled out for the Gamecock series."

JHicks3636

April 04, 2017, 08:48:45 pm #35 Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:04:11 am by JHicks3636
Midweek SEC games for April 4, 2017; all games final

Middle Tennessee State  7   Tennessee(H) 4,  Final
Louisville(H) 5   Kentucky  3, Final, Kentucky was trailing 5-0 in the 9th, scored 3 runs and had runners on the corners with 2 outs, man at 1st tried to steal 2nd and was thrown out, knucklehead steal attempt
Stetson @ Florida(H), game was canceled with Stetson leading 10-1 in the top of the 5th
South Carolina(H)  6  Furman  1, Final
Troy(H)  12    Alabama  11, Final
Clemson  4   Georgia(H)  0, Final
Georgia Tech 11  Auburn(H) 8, Final
Illinois  5   Missouri(H)  3, Final
Ole Miss(H)  6  Southern Miss 5, Final(12), with 2 outs in the 9th Ole Miss gets a batter hit, moves to 2B on wild pitch, to 3B on an infield single, scores on a wild pitch on an intentional walk
Texas A&M(H)  7   Dallas Baptist  3, Final
LSU(H)  13   Grambling 2,  Final
FIU   8    Mississippi State(H)  3, Final
Vanderbilt(H) 11  Tennessee-Martin 0 , Final

JHicks3636

April 04, 2017, 10:09:16 pm #36 Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:37:57 pm by JHicks3636
Only midweek SEC games on Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Grand Canyon @ Arkansas, completion of game from April 4
Grand Canyon @ Arkansas
Troy @ Alabama, game has been canceled due to impending weather
Florida International @ Mississippi State

jacobp

More on that Florida/Stetson game:

Florida is apparently refusing to agree on a day/time to resume it

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

tucsonhogfan

Too bad that's not a forfeit.

Uberanubis

Quote from: tucsonhogfan on April 05, 2017, 02:01:35 am
Too bad that's not a forfeit.

i think any one who ever reads this story will see it as a forfeit. because that's what it is. and it should be put in the books that way. a 10-1 forfeit on Florida.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

JHicks3636

The MLB rule is that a game decision to play rest with the home team prior to the game starting. After it starts, it is an umpire decision to stop the game. I wonder what the NCAA rule is. If the same, how could Florida refuse to play unless umps call the game? If nothing else, the negative publicity won't be good for them.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Uberanubis on April 05, 2017, 08:38:01 am
i think any one who ever reads this story will see it as a forfeit. because that's what it is. and it should be put in the books that way. a 10-1 forfeit on Florida.
I sure hope the committee sees it that way come seeding time.

We should save this story and blast it to their emails around that time.

ricepig

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 05, 2017, 09:42:20 am
I sure hope the committee sees it that way come seeding time.

We should save this story and blast it to their emails around that time.

They'll be punished in their seeding, they'll have to host both a regional and super starting on Friday's.........

JHicks3636

Quote from: ricepig on April 05, 2017, 10:03:28 am
They'll be punished in their seeding, they'll have to host both a regional and super starting on Friday's.........

Plus they will be required to be designated the visiting team in the 2nd game of each series.

ricepig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 05, 2017, 10:11:20 am
Plus they will be required to be designated the visiting team in the 2nd game of each series.

Whoa there, just for chickening out of a game?? Let's not get carried away, now.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 05, 2017, 10:11:20 am

Yes, and those visiting unis are usually darker colors, and therefore hotter and more uncomfortable for the players.

Oh, the humanity.

YtownHog

Y'all realize that it was announced today that both coaches discussed and agreed that there was no reason to try and make the game up, right? Florida isn't running from anyone.

southarkhog06

Quote from: YtownHog on April 05, 2017, 07:49:45 pm
Y'all realize that it was announced today that both coaches discussed and agreed that there was no reason to try and make the game up, right? Florida isn't running from anyone.
I'm not saying you are lying, but I can't see stetson just being like "yea sure we don't mind giving up what will prolly be the biggest rpi win in our regular season."

JHicks3636

April 05, 2017, 09:07:56 pm #49 Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:29:09 pm by JHicks3636
Four games were scheduled involving SEC teams for April 5th. Troy @ Alabama was canceled for weather
Arkansas(H) 11  Grand Canyon 2, Final, completion of suspended game from 4/4
Arkansas(H)  6   Grand Canyon 1, Final
Mississippi State(H)  9   FIU  7,  Final(10)