Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Excited for Next Year

Started by Razorfox, January 09, 2018, 12:17:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorfox

I know that we've not seen these guys in action yet, but it's hard not to get excited for next year.  I'm not saying that we are going to win the SEC or NC, but I think we'll see instant results better than this past year (I'll wait until at least after spring ball and maybe until August to pick a number of wins).  But I can almost guarantee it'll be more than four. 

Offense: There is almost no way that our offense isn't going to be pretty good.  This staff and system works.  If Kelly can carry the load and the OL can be better than average (a major improvement), then we will score some points.  I think our skill players are more than enough for us to succeed.

Defense: Chavis (whether he is as good as he was at TN/LSU years ago or not) is going to be better than an average coordinator and produce at least an average defense, if not excellent.  With an average defense, we will be so much better off than we were the last couple of years and most of the last decade. 

Players/development: Some might be worried that we don't have talent on the roster because the results on the field have been less than stellar.  But I think we've recruited decently well the last few years under CBB.  We actually won more recruiting battles with the big boys than at any other time in my memory.  The problem was what happened when they got here (system, development, conditioning, etc.).  With correcting those problems, we should have almost instant improvement. 

Exciting times again, in my opinion. 

HawgTrough

is Kelly even gonna be the starter?
WPS

Al Boarland

Absolutely. I think we could win up to 7 games next season.

HighcountryHog

Not buying into any hype.  Show me results on the field.  I'm a fan, but I'm also not dumb.
no bumps, no fat chicks

bphi11ips

Same here. Solid roster with experience energized by new staff plus favorable schedule and renovated stadium = fun season and big crowds.

Fun time to be a Razorbacks fan.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogsanity

I'll get excited about next season, when next season gets here. Right now we have a basketball team that is going to make the NCAAT, and the baseball team is pre season top 5. I know neither of those are fuhbawl amd there fore not worthy of many of your time.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Not going to lie, watching the game last night deflated me a little...I think we are miles and miles off from even competing anywhere close to that level.

I don't doubt it's gonna get better because we will have better coaches now but man...as it stands I'm gonna say we don't have a single player on the entire team who would start for either of the squads we watched last night. Men vs boys comparison.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Razorfox

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 09, 2018, 12:40:08 pm
Not going to lie, watching the game last night deflated me a little...I think we are miles and miles off from even competing anywhere close to that level.

I don't doubt it's gonna get better because we will have better coaches now but man...as it stands I'm gonna say we don't have a single player on the entire team who would start for either of the squads we watched last night. Men vs boys comparison.

Two thoughts on this:

1) I think we can be excited about a team that's not Top 2 in the country.  A 7 - 9 win team will feel like the NC after last year.

2) Being even remotely competitive against Alabama (instead of being crushed by 5+ TDs) is something to get excited about.  We had that, even with CBB, a couple of years ago. 

hogsanity

I will get excited game by game because that is what fans do, but I agree the talent difference in the Hogs and the top 4 in the SEC is a wide chasm right now. Schedule is a little softer which will help.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 09, 2018, 12:20:21 pm

Who knows..? Let's check the magic 8 ball...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

phadedhawg

Heck a bunch of hype, I'm the anti-hype this year.  I want Coach Morris to be successful.  Unrealistic expectations are the quickest way to bake failure in early. 

I expect to win 4 games next year.  Anything more than that will be great.  If we win less...oh well. 

It's not worth getting excited about until we bring in a recruiting class that doesn't have to be explained and spun into a success.  When real talent comes it will be obvious.

Grunt

Can't share your optimism (but good for you). In fact, I've never felt so depressed and pessimistic. :/
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

jgphillips3

Under Bielema, we knew we were going to lose games we should not lose and we were NEVER, EVER, going to upset a really good team (except Ole Miss for whatever reason).  Now, we will actually have hope and be a danger to play over our heads sometime and beat somebody.  Sure, it will take some years to compete for the division but we will have competent coaches, we'll conditioned athletes and hope.  That goes a long way.  I see 7 wins next year.  I can even see 8 as a possibility.  If we at least look like we are trying in the others, that will be improvement.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Funny, I had just the opposite reaction. I feel that our problems the past two years were "Between The Ears". I don't think the talent gap is as wide as our confidence gap. Once your coach proves his inadequacy, and tanks with every aspect of his personal habits from hygiene down to ego, it's hard to get motivated by coaching. Excellence was only just "Suggested" by the past coach. It's "Demanded" by CCM. I expect a modest improvement, but won't be surprised by "Leaps and bounds"...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

The_Bionic_Pig

He definitely doesn't possess Jalen Hurts attributes but he does have TE speed along with a cannon. I don't see anyone on the present roster beating him out and by fall practice with a 4-5 month headstart with the playbook I'll be surprised if he's over taken by any Freshmen before SEC play begins.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HeyHogs

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HighcountryHog on January 09, 2018, 12:23:39 pm
Not buying into any hype.  Show me results on the field.  I'm a fan, but I'm also not dumb.

Do you get extra points in life for not being optimistic?

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:28:48 pm
I'll get excited about next season, when next season gets here. Right now we have a basketball team that is going to make the NCAAT, and the baseball team is pre season top 5. I know neither of those are fuhbawl amd there fore not worthy of many of your time.

Never knew I had to stop being excited about the next football season to enjoy basketball or baseball. 

Being a Razorbacks fan has never been a zero sum game for me.  I love the Razorbacks, not just the football team.  I love both of my kids the same.  I don't spend as much time in Jump Ball but rarely miss a basketball game and haven't since Lanny Van Eman was the coach.  College baseball isn't my favorite sport, but I enjoy it and keep up with the team.  Were they not Razorbacks I wouldn't care, and not because I don't know or love baseball.  I can tell you the names and positions of every starter on The Big Red Machine and played Legion baseball when it was minor league prep.   I've been a Cardinals fan since Lou Brock was stealing bases.  Arkansas has a great golf and track program, too.  Keeping up with them has never interrupted my enthusiasm for football.

Not all of us are cynical and disdainful of Razorbacks fans in general.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 09, 2018, 01:09:04 pm
He definitely doesn't possess Jalen Hurts attributes but he does have TE speed along with a cannon. I don't see anyone on the present roster beating him out and by fall practice with a 4-5 month headstart with the playbook I'll be surprised if he's over taken by any Freshmen before SEC play begins.

We better hope he doesn't! Hurts is an athlete playing QB, or at least he was. If he wants to see the field the next two years, he will either have to transfer or switch positions. Hurts wasn't asked to do much in the passing game, just don't turn it over.

A slew of QBs could have had a 25-2 record with that team around them not having to do any more than he did in the passing game. Eason is transferring from UGA to Washington due to Fromm, I expect the same from Hurts, unless he's ok with changing positions.

On one of the ESPN shows today, Marcellus Wiley said Hurts will never sniff the NFL as a QB, so he may as well switch positions next year.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

WBOBO

Do you think Morris will give us a good preview of Full Tilt Boogie
during the spring game?
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

redeye

Quote from: Razorfox on January 09, 2018, 12:17:05 pm

Players/development: Some might be worried that we don't have talent on the roster because the results on the field have been less than stellar.  But I think we've recruited decently well the last few years under CBB.  We actually won more recruiting battles with the big boys than at any other time in my memory.  The problem was what happened when they got here (system, development, conditioning, etc.).  With correcting those problems, we should have almost instant improvement. 

Same here, although I feel like the big boys have been sending out more offers in recent years, which may explain some of that.  It seems like Alabama just offers everyone nowadays and then decides who can accept those offers.  I've always wondered why we didn't offer more players in past recruiting seasons, except under Bielema, who was very picky.  In the early going, it looks like Morris will send out more offers than we're used to seeing, so I'm excited about that.

I've noticed that while we've been sitting around bickering about the coaching staff, Morris has been out recruiting.  He seems to be hitting recruiting trails hard and might enjoy it more than other recent coaches we've had.

SooieGeneris

January 09, 2018, 07:38:43 pm #21 Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:02:36 pm by SooieGeneris

Maybe, maybe not. But before we had no HOPE! We knew we were going to beat most of the directional schools and land with a thud in the SEC vs the top teams after the annual giveaway vs A&M.

We finally heeded the adage about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. The former coach's answer to the 2nd half meltdowns was: to move practices and offseason workouts to later in the day!

Not conditioning, not recruiting more speed, although I think he did recruit more speed in the last 2 classes, but to change the time of the workouts? Really?

This last summer, I had zero enthusiasm for the upcoming season for the first time since I signed on as a fan. There were other seasons I knew were going to be tough, likely losing seasons, but at least I was curious as to how young players were going to develop for the future. There was at least a glimmer of hope that the future would be better.

Bielema robbed us of that! I thought this season would yield 6 or 7 wins at best. The problem with that was: would 6 or 7 wins be few enough to rid ourselves of the biggest problem? Without knowing Long would be fired, I thought that would give us yet another year of more of the same.

Obscene blowout losses to 'Bama and Auburn every year, a lucky win over OM most years, a loss to MSU most years and 3-4 blown halftime leads resulting in losses in most of the rest, including blown double digit leads vs A&M nearly every year.

6-6 would be an okay record next season with all the transition in systems and the roster changes likely ahead. Anything better would be a bonus. Losing with effort and a staff that shows at least a little ability to adjust as the game goes on and not folding at the first sign of adversity would be a major improvement over what we have had the last 6 years!

We now have at least some HOPE that things will get better unlike most of the last few years!

Also, as to comparing our personnel to what we saw last night: compare how 'Bama looked vs Auburn to how they looked last night. Not pretty is it? Compare the first half vs the 2nd for the Tide...

Compare how UGA looked the first time vs Auburn and the SECCG. Looked much different, didn't it? Our personnel at the present doesn't look like what we saw last night, no doubt. Personnel can change quickly. Players can develop quickly in a few months also.

Just taking the George McFly "kick me!" sign off our backs and change the "woe is me, here we go again" attitude when the other team makes a play can go a long way  toward improvement. Without a kid at QB who was in HS a year ago, the perception of 'Bama would be totally different today. Maybe UGA also.

We aren't close to 'Bama and won't be in the 2018 season. UGA is not on our schedule for awhile. Thank goodness. We have a little lighter schedule. Remember, Saban was 7-6 his first year at 'Bama and looked totally outclassed vs UF in the SECCG his 2nd year.

At least we are trying something different, not the maddening definition of insanity of the Bielame era. Ultimately whether Morris will be successful or not will largely depend on how he is able to tap into his Texas roots in recruiting. We may not find out about that until the next class.

If he can develop the players already on the roster, that will go a long way in the meantime, even if it doesn't show immediate results in 2018 more than 6-6. On Chavis, I don't think he had any LBs at A&M as good as Greenlaw and Harris and there is more talent in the backfield than we have had in awhile. We won't know for a bit, but at least the proposed solution isn't changing practice times..

nwahogfan1

I will be excited when the national guys start predicting we will win 4 SEC games and finish 3 or 4th in the West.  National guys who do not have a dog in the fight will get it right a whole lot more than we will.  We are too guilty of drinking the cool aide. 

redeye

I've heard this a few times already, but it was different for me.  I saw players that were excited and energetic.  We may not have as much talent, but our players can still play with that same energy and excitement, again.  That's something we haven't seen much of in the last 2 years, so I'm looking forward to it.

opineonswine

Next year I hope for improvement and hope.  However, I don't expect miracles.  We need to recruit with the rest of the SEC before we can expect true improvement.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: redeye on January 09, 2018, 08:00:00 pm
I've heard this a few times already, but it was different for me.  I saw players that were excited and energetic.  We may not have as much talent, but our players can still play with that same energy and excitement, again.  That's something we haven't seen much of in the last 2 years, so I'm looking forward to it.

This sums it up for me. That goes a long way. Frank Broyles when he was still coaching used to say if you play hard and limit mistakes, the won-lost record will take care of itself.

orvillesghost

I think six wins would be a helluva accomplishment next year.

I have to admit watching last night depressed me to death, the gap is so great between Arkansas and that kind of talent.

jgphillips3

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 07:48:11 pm
I will be excited when the national guys start predicting we will win 4 SEC games and finish 3 or 4th in the West.  National guys who do not have a dog in the fight will get it right a whole lot more than we will.  We are too guilty of drinking the cool aide. 

Well, I wouldn't doubt if they pick us to win at least three conference games next year, and we might could steal a 4th.  I see no reason we can't beat depleted Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and rebuilding MSU.  Might even steal the A&M game finally given how much it will mean to both Morris and Chavis. 

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

TNarch

The last guy never demonstrated any sideline coaching and very little sideline excitement.  And, his record speaks for itself on his halftime coaching skills.  I am excited about this new coaching staff and do think that we will see significant improvement in year one.  That's the easy part, but we'll have to wait a little longer to be at the competitive level we want, but forever the optimist, I believe.

jkstock04

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 09, 2018, 07:38:43 pm
Maybe, maybe not. But before we had no HOPE! We knew we were going to beat most of the directional schools and land with a thud in the SEC vs the top teams after the annual giveaway vs A&M.

We finally heeded the adage about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. The former coach's answer to the 2nd half meltdowns was: to move practices and offseason workouts to later in the day!

Not conditioning, not recruiting more speed, although I think he did recruit more speed in the last 2 classes, but to change the time of the workouts? Really?

This last summer, I had zero enthusiasm for the upcoming season for the first time since I signed on as a fan. There were other seasons I knew were going to be tough, likely losing seasons, but at least I was curious as to how young players were going to develop for the future. There was at least a glimmer of hope that the future would be better.

Bielema robbed us of that! I thought this season would yield 6 or 7 wins at best. The problem with that was: would 6 or 7 wins be few enough to rid ourselves of the biggest problem? Without knowing Long would be fired, I thought that would give us yet another year of more of the same.

Obscene blowout losses to 'Bama and Auburn every year, a lucky win over OM most years, a loss to MSU most years and 3-4 blown halftime leads resulting in losses in most of the rest, including blown double digit leads vs A&M nearly every year.

6-6 would be an okay record next season with all the transition in systems and the roster changes likely ahead. Anything better would be a bonus. Losing with effort and a staff that shows at least a little ability to adjust as the game goes on and not folding at the first sign of adversity would be a major improvement over what we have had the last 6 years!

We now have at least some HOPE that things will get better unlike most of the last few years!

Also, as to comparing our personnel to what we saw last night: compare how 'Bama looked vs Auburn to how they looked last night. Not pretty is it? Compare the first half vs the 2nd for the Tide...

Compare how UGA looked the first time vs Auburn and the SECCG. Looked much different, didn't it? Our personnel at the present doesn't look like what we saw last night, no doubt. Personnel can change quickly. Players can develop quickly in a few months also.

Just taking the George McFly "kick me!" sign off our backs and change the "woe is me, here we go again" attitude when the other team makes a play can go a long way  toward improvement. Without a kid at QB who was in HS a year ago, the perception of 'Bama would be totally different today. Maybe UGA also.

We aren't close to 'Bama and won't be in the 2018 season. UGA is not on our schedule for awhile. Thank goodness. We have a little lighter schedule. Remember, Saban was 7-6 his first year at 'Bama and looked totally outclassed vs UF in the SECCG his 2nd year.

At least we are trying something different, not the maddening definition of insanity of the Bielame era. Ultimately whether Morris will be successful or not will largely depend on how he is able to tap into his Texas roots in recruiting. We may not find out about that until the next class.

If he can develop the players already on the roster, that will go a long way in the meantime, even if it doesn't show immediate results in 2018 more than 6-6. On Chavis, I don't think he had any LBs at A&M as good as Greenlaw and Harris and there is more talent in the backfield than we have had in awhile. We won't know for a bit, but at least the proposed solution isn't changing practice times..
To the bolded, I'm speaking more so to the eye test physicality and athletically...speed and strength. Little to no comparison. Bama vs Auburn or Auburn vs Georgia or Bama vs Georgia, no difference. All the same. Scary scary good (and developed) talent all over the field. Mind boggling how terrible Bielema did with our team as far as recruitiment and especially player development.

I don't disagree with much else of what you said.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RockyMtnHog

I know that we've not seen these guys in action yet, but it's hard not to get excited for next year.  I'm not saying that we are going to win the SEC or NC, but I think we'll see instant results better than this past year (I'll wait until at least after spring ball and maybe until August to pick a number of wins).  But I can almost guarantee it'll be more than four. 

Offense: There is almost no way that our offense isn't going to be pretty good.  This staff and system works.  If Kelly can carry the load and the OL can be better than average (a major improvement), then we will score some points.  I think our skill players are more than enough for us to succeed.

Defense: Chavis (whether he is as good as he was at TN/LSU years ago or not) is going to be better than an average coordinator and produce at least an average defense, if not excellent.  With an average defense, we will be so much better off than we were the last couple of years and most of the last decade. 

Until I see some results on the field, I am not going to get hyped up.  I said before the 2017 season that we would be lucky to win 6 games, loss of WRs, learning a new defense (3-4) and on top of that a defense that sucked.

This year learning a new offense, new coaching staff, unproven offensive and defensive lines.  Show Me on the field improvement and then I will get hyped.  I will be at the Colorado State game to see it with my own eyes in person.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

go hogues

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:28:48 pm
I usually refrain from commenting on your posts, as we all generally accept your role as resident contrarian, but this is ridiculous.

Why do you spend so much time on Hogville? Do you play the part of contrarian in your real life relationships as well?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

theFlyingHog

Quote from: go hogues on January 09, 2018, 09:06:46 pm
I usually refrain from commenting on your posts, as we all generally accept your role as resident contrarian, but this is ridiculous.

Why do you spend so much time on Hogville? Do you play the part of contrarian in your real life relationships as well?
He's 5'6" and drives a big truck, hint hint

rogersvillemohog

We should win all 4 non-conference games. That means we have to win two SEC games to make a bowl game. I think we beat Ole Miss again this year (fear the thumb). Drawing Vandy is pretty big-time for us too and should be a win. I think we could win one of A&M, LSU, or Mississippi State as well to get to 7. All and all, I will be happy and okay with 5. Just want to see improvement.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

shown006

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on January 09, 2018, 09:18:51 pm
We should win all 4 non-conference games. That means we have to win two SEC games to make a bowl game. I think we beat Ole Miss again this year (fear the thumb). Drawing Vandy is pretty big-time for us too and should be a win. I think we could win one of A&M, LSU, or Mississippi State as well to get to 7. All and all, I will be happy and okay with 5. Just want to see improvement.
7 is a possibility.  6 seems most realistic.  I like our chances against Missouri better than TAM or LSU.
WPS!

Pork Twain

I am excited because we SHOULD have been pretty darned good this year and next year we will have even more depth.  It all depends on how the guys pick up what our coaches are laying down
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pig in the Pokey

no, he wont be. But Hogville thinks playing in 4 games for a different coach under a different system = unbeatable game experience lmfao.

It's almost like they didnt just watch two true freshman QBs battle it out for the National Championship. Oh, wait, they probably didnt watch...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Bacons Rebellion

Before we cry about not being Alabama and Georgia, we need to learn to beat the South Carolinas, Texas A&M's, Missouri's, and Mississippi States of the world. Once we do that regularly, the next step won't feel so insurmountable.

GuvHog

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 09, 2018, 08:45:36 pm
Until I see some results on the field, I am not going to get hyped up.  I said before the 2017 season that we would be lucky to win 6 games, loss of WRs, learning a new defense (3-4) and on top of that a defense that sucked.

This year learning a new offense, new coaching staff, unproven offensive and defensive lines.  Show Me on the field improvement and then I will get hyped.  I will be at the Colorado State game to see it with my own eyes in person.

The Hogs return 73 scholarship players out of 85 from last year. They return all of their receivers, all of their Tight Ends, most of their Offensive Linemen, and most of their offensive back field. I believe they also return 6 or 7 starters on Defense. Bielema and his staff left the new coaching staff in a good position talent and experience wise so this team may surprise some people in a good way this season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: go hogues on January 09, 2018, 09:06:46 pm

There are people that post here all the time that football is the only sport that matters, so if you do not fall into that category why would it bother you. There are many who think football is the only sport that matters due to it being the main revenue producer, or it is the only one they follow because they do not like basketball or baseball.

I have a job where I can leave HV open all day if I want to. Message boards would be boring if everyone agreed all the time too. And I am sorry if pointing out real issues makes me contrarian, I can't help it if so many want to ignore all the issues the Hog football program faces.

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 09, 2018, 09:16:56 pm
He's 5'6" and drives a big truck, hint hint

Actually I'm 5'10" and think big pickups are a ridiculous waste of $.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 07:55:23 am
no, he wont be. But Hogville thinks playing in 4 games for a different coach under a different system = unbeatable game experience lmfao.

It's almost like they didnt just watch two true freshman QBs battle it out for the National Championship. Oh, wait, they probably didnt watch...

He's the only QB on the roster with experience so it's highly likely that it's his job to lose. Besides, he fits the style of QB that Morris used at SMU to a TEE.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Atlhogfan1

7 wins. The status of the program has been exaggerated. Last season was injury plagued and destined to be a down season as the upperclassmen had been recruited off of the 0-8 season and 2014 season.  Shouldn't have been as bad as it was.  But the program isn't starting completely over. 

Excited about the trip to Ft Collins.  Otherwise yawn at this point.  Will see if our new car salesman can generate some as the season approaches.  I think he has a chance to have a good start and can build from it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Little Lady Back

Quote from: opineonswine on January 09, 2018, 08:02:00 pm
Next year I hope for improvement and hope.  However, I don't expect miracles.  We need to recruit with the rest of the SEC before we can expect true improvement.

This is the most realistic post concerning the program and next year.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

HognotinMemphis

9-3 or 10-2?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

a0ashle

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 10, 2018, 07:55:23 am

Oh we have the #1 dual threat QB coming in? That's awesome, missed that on the recruiting boards.

LRHawg

Keep in mind, the type of depth Bama has, doesn't happen overnight. It's tough to compare your favorite team to them because we are at the apogee of what might be the greatest dynasty ever in college football. Saban will always have 3 deep, 5 Star talent. That talent can be beaten however, by a team like Clemson, which was a program on the rise that had recruited really well for 3-4 years and had Dashaun Watson show up at the right time. My biggest hope when we signed Morris was that he understood how Clemson was built and can successfully replicate that here.

When Saban leaves, there will be a power vacuum in the west. Who's going to fill it? Bama will try and keep it rolling, but whoever the next coach is likely won't replicate what Saban has done. If Morris has a few years of success here, and gets the ball rolling, if Saban leaves in a year or two and we're hitting our peak, we could be in a really great position.