Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturdays down south using Hogville for clickbait.

Started by rhog1, September 24, 2017, 09:18:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/look-arkansas-fan-deathbed-final-request-fire-bret-bielema/

They are seriously using a hogville post after a loss to troll Bielema and attack Arkansas. What has happened to SDS. This is just all around bad writing.

ND

Hey PorkRinds!  You're famous!

Don't forget about us wee folk when you get to ESPN. ;)

N

buldozer

Ironhawg

longpig

Quote from: rhog1 on September 24, 2017, 09:18:09 am
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/look-arkansas-fan-deathbed-final-request-fire-bret-bielema/

They are seriously using a hogville post after a loss to troll Bielema and attack Arkansas. What has happened to SDS. This is just all around bad writing.

SDS has always sucked. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

rhog1

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 24, 2017, 11:35:58 am
Can they do that, legally I mean?
No idea. I don't like the idea of having anything we say on here turning up as a SDS article.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ND

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 24, 2017, 11:35:58 am
Can they do that, legally I mean?

Depends.  In this case, our posts are considered public domain, unless we're posting something under publication.

N

BigDumb

Quote from: rhog1 on September 24, 2017, 12:14:49 pm
No idea. I don't like the idea of having anything we say on here turning up as a SDS article.

It's not like your posts are completely private.  Anyone can visit this site and read comments. 

rhog1

Quote from: BigDumb on September 24, 2017, 02:08:18 pm
It's not like your posts are completely private.  Anyone can visit this site and read comments. 

I don't care if they read my comments. It just really seems like bad journalism to go on a fan forum and publish an article based on a post after a loss to attack either the fan base or the head coach whatever the purpose of this crap story is. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

thebignasty

thats 'content'

The internet is good at ruining darn

Ironhawg

Quote from: ND on September 24, 2017, 01:48:08 pm
Depends.  In this case, our posts are considered public domain, unless we're posting something under publication.

N

Gotcha.  Thanks.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

PorkRinds

That sucks.  Of all people to have their words used against CBB, they chose me.  I genuinely feel bad.  I wish they hadn't taken my frustrated posts and made them into anti-Arkansas click bait. If there's any way doug or someone could keep them from using it I'd appreciate you doing so.  I'm a hog fan, not someone who is out spreading negativity. 

PorkRinds

And honestly I feel like I owe the owner of the board and those who run it an apology.  I'm genuinely anonymously embarrassed to have my words used as ammo against the hogs. 

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 09:13:04 pm
That sucks.  Of all people to have their words used against CBB, they chose me.  I genuinely feel bad.  I wish they hadn't taken my frustrated posts and made them into anti-Arkansas click bait. If there's any way doug or someone could keep them from using it I'd appreciate you doing so.  I'm a hog fan, not someone who is out spreading negativity. 

Don't worry PR, it's not like it was one of your political posts.

:)

johnny cash

The Charlie Weiss comment don't look good either. However I expect planes, signs, and just plain old crazies calling into talk shows. I'm stocking up on popcorn.

Uberanubis

i don' see it that way, the article was more focused on the highlighted post above yours. your post just happened to be the unlucky one under the intended post.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

PorkRinds

Quote from: johnny cash on September 24, 2017, 09:18:17 pm
The Charlie Weiss comment don't look good either. However I expect planes, signs, and just plain old crazies calling into talk shows. I'm stocking up on popcorn.

I didn't say that one.  They way they posted that made it look like all of it came from me, and it actually didn't. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 24, 2017, 09:20:24 pm
i don' see it that way, the article was more focused on the highlighted post above yours. your post just happened to be the unlucky one under the intended post.

I'm the one that made the post about my grandpa.  It was true, but I was actually posting it to be funny. 

Uberanubis

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 09:21:49 pm
I'm the one that made the post about my grandpa.  It was true, but I was actually posting it to be funny. 

oh, i didn't see eh original thread and couldn't make out the owner of the post due to the copy paste over it, and other then sharing what your grandpas said to you, is not on you. you have voiced your displeasure but at not time have i been offended like i have when i read other peoples posts.
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

johnny cash

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 09:20:46 pm
I didn't say that one.  They way they posted that made it look like all of it came from me, and it actually didn't. 
u can tell them I said it. I got your back. People are pissed, have every right to be.

jkstock04

Lol boy the hits just keep on a comin. Irony...of all people they use Porkrinds as ammo against Bielema on a somewhat personal level.

Porkrinds is famous now...celebrity and paparazzi status coming soon.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 24, 2017, 09:30:38 pm
Lol boy the hits just keep on a comin. Irony...of all people they use Porkrinds as ammo against Bielema on a somewhat personal level.

Porkrinds is famous now...celebrity and paparazzi status coming soon.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ward on September 24, 2017, 09:35:20 pm
you don't owe anyone an apology

chill out

I mean, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I do actually feel bad. 

Uberanubis

ok i'm laughing really hard at this, and im not really trying to add fuel to any ones fire. i really do find it hilarious that SEC country has picked up on it and reported it to

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-message-board-sick-grandfather-approaching-death-wants-bret-bielema-fired-passing-away

Bardicer

Using hogville content is no different than using someone's Twitter content.

I must admit that I'm experiencing a little schadenfreude here.  But only in the sense of hoping this experience will bring a little bit of levity to people who post on knee jerk post after knee jerk post.

HogPharmer

I don't even follow SDS on FB but their Arkansas click-bait has been strong the last two days popping up all over my new feed
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 09:21:49 pm

Don't worry. You haven't hit Trump status yet so you're still good.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Pig in the Pokey

Pork Rinds is one of the most positive people on the board. Damn, BB is in real trouble!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: johnny cash on September 24, 2017, 09:18:17 pm
That was Hardcard i think
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rhog1

September 25, 2017, 06:56:38 am #33 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 07:39:00 am by rhog1
Quote from: Uberanubis on September 24, 2017, 10:14:16 pm
ok i'm laughing really hard at this, and im not really trying to add fuel to any ones fire. i really do find it hilarious that SEC country has picked up on it and reported it to

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-message-board-sick-grandfather-approaching-death-wants-bret-bielema-fired-passing-away
From that article, Clay Travis tweeted about this too. Saturdays down south has really gotten bad recently, but this might be the worst one yet. I can't believe other places are running with it.

jacobp

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: rhog1 on September 24, 2017, 12:14:49 pm

Never say or write anything you wouldn't want repeated elsewhere.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PorkRinds

hoglady

Porkrinds I wouldn't worry about it.

The only thing hurting the Arkansas brand right now is the play on the field every Saturday - nothing posted on any message board comes close to that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogcard1964

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 09:37:13 pm
I mean, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I do actually feel bad. 

Sorry but you got yourself 15 minutes of Fame.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ND

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 24, 2017, 09:17:04 pm
And honestly I feel like I owe the owner of the board and those who run it an apology.  I'm genuinely anonymously embarrassed to have my words used as ammo against the hogs.

I think it says something about you that you'd feel the need to offer an apology.  That's classy.  On the other hand, I don't think you need to.  You spoke your mind.  Everyone has a right to their opinion, that's kind of why we're all here.  It's not your fault that people at SDS don't know how to crop a dang screen capture. 

Look at it this way, at least it was a screen capture of your comments as opposed to a quote out of context.  Getting quoted out of context is what commonly gets most people in hot water when it comes to things like this.  I wouldn't sweat it too much.

N