Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen looked great...

Started by Andrew Hogfan, September 23, 2017, 05:17:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Hogfan

On the last few drives when he was getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds.  Where the f*** has that been all year!? Also,  too many drops.
WPS!!!

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on September 23, 2017, 05:17:35 pm
On the last few drives when he was getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds.  Where the f*** has that been all year!? Also,  too many drops.
Had no issues with AA until he tried to force that last pass which we all saw the results...The kid definitely got frustrated (dropped passes and OL play) but played with some grit after getting leveled quite a few times.

Martygit

He actually did look good - especially after he started getting some O line protection late in the game (which may have been because A&M's defensive line was worn out) - bad throw into triple coverage to end the game but all in all I thought he played well
RIP OTR, REV

BigoBoys

I think there was a tune up on the sideline 

jm

He is good enough when given time, but we do not block enough for 5 and 7 step drops. We must start calling quick passes or shotgun sets to help the line out.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: jm on September 23, 2017, 05:54:30 pm
He is good enough when given time, but we do not block enough for 5 and 7 step drops. We must start calling quick passes or shotgun sets to help the line out.
BINGO!!!!

Youngsta71701

Allen has to run more when no ones open. He had plenty of room to run to the right on that last play. But instead he would rather throw it into triple coverage. Come on man!!!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: jm on September 23, 2017, 05:54:30 pm
Agreed 100% so why aren't we?  Are the coaches really this bad?  Apparently they are....
WPS!!!

mckinneyhog5

Where has it been all year? We're 3 games into the season...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Bubba's Bruisers

It was then that he was getting some adequate protection. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

KennyForAD

AA is a marginal QB, at best.  If you can't see that, you're prolly suffering from wishful thinking.

Dominicanhog

he needs to learn to throw it away after 3 seconds and quit taking unnecessary sacks...

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2017, 07:12:44 pm
AA is a marginal QB, at best.  If you can't see that, you're prolly suffering from wishful thinking.
I really hate to say this but what experience do you have to call a major CFB QB marginal??? Not trying to start an argument but the kid led the SEC last year in passing...Again not defending any particular QB, just want to know how you can expertly on HV call a SEC/P5/Major CFB QB marginal...
Plus he had a pretty danged good game and showed grit...thx buds

David†

How many elite qb's throw into triple coverage in overtime?

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 23, 2017, 07:09:42 pm
Yeah but it was obvious during the first game that 5 and 7 step drops and long developing pass plays should probably be avoided.  I make way less than 4 million a year and I can see that.
WPS!!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: David† on September 23, 2017, 07:20:45 pm
Elite? None.

GunnerHawg70

I just watched MSU Nick Fitzgerald just do it...throw into triple coverage that is...just sayin

Dominicanhog

The true freshman played as good as our 5th year sr.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 07:22:08 pm
Elite? None.
USC Trojans QB Sam Donald is an Elite QB and leads the Nation in INT's...What I'm getting at is unless you've been under center, getting your assed handed to ya on a National stage then you can't possibly give AA, CK, TS or whomever any Sheet!!!

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 23, 2017, 07:24:01 pm
CK was definitely effective...I wish he would've saw Williams on that wheel route that AA hit but I like what CK brings to the table...He's a hoss fer sure!!!

David†

Mistakes happen. I get it.

He had some good throws today. I gave him props when it happened. But I wouldn't say we had any qbs look "great" today.

atom hog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 23, 2017, 07:24:01 pm
^
This! (And it is getting old)

hogpc

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2017, 07:12:44 pm
This.  Anyone who thinks he looked "great" doesn't know what "great" looks like. AA is mediocre at best - he misses open receivers regularly even when he has time, he whines all the time which sucks the soul out of the team, he often holds the ball too long and he has a tendency to stare down his receivers.

hogpc

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 23, 2017, 07:26:34 pm
USC Trojans QB Sam Donald is an Elite QB and leads the Nation in INT's...What I'm getting at is unless you've been under center, getting your assed handed to ya on a National stage then you can't possibly give AA, CK, TS or whomever any Sheet!!!
Of course we can, that is exactly what fans do on message boards.

Hoghole

lasthog

Bret Farve? And completes it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 23, 2017, 07:09:42 pm

Petrino liked the pistol to give his QB more separation and to see into the pocket better. Maybe that would help? I don't know.
This is my non-signature signature.

hhicNaychaBoi

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 23, 2017, 05:47:37 pm
I think there was a tune up on the sideline
yea I saw when BB had the whole line talking to them. They didnt give up a sack after that.

David†

Quote from: lasthog on September 23, 2017, 07:44:18 pm

Favre was an exception, but it worked out okay for him.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hogpc on September 23, 2017, 07:40:28 pm
Of course we can, that is exactly what fans do on message boards.

I don't whether to laugh or Smite you and your justification post...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: lasthog on September 23, 2017, 07:44:18 pm
Don't forget he's the NFL's all time interception thrower. He didn't do those types of things in clutch situations. He usually made the right play in the clutch.

hogmolar

especially on 3rd down

alohawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 07:08:09 pm
Allen has to run more when no ones open. He had plenty of room to run to the right on that last play. But instead he would rather throw it into triple coverage. Come on man!!!

Just saw it again and you are correct. In fact there was so much space he could have jogged into the endzone.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

farmhawg

no he didn't.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hhicNaychaBoi on September 23, 2017, 07:46:15 pm
yea I saw when BB had the whole line talking to them. They didnt give up a sack after that.

Stop!!! You just said something positive on HV!!! Dey gon git yewwww!!! ;)

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: hhicNaychaBoi on September 23, 2017, 07:46:15 pm

If the better protection was due to an actual oline change, it would be the best thing coming out of this game. If aa can get some protection we may win some games. Still scoring 43 should be enough to win an sec game. The d has to make some adjustments and tweak them at the nms game.

hhicNaychaBoi

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 23, 2017, 07:50:48 pm
Stop!!! You just said something positive on HV!!! Dey gon git yewwww!!! ;)
Let em come lol. The offense didnt lose this game. Anytime you score 43 points and lose you cant point the finger at the offense. Hopefully for the remainder of the season the line can play like they did in the 4th quarter. Allen is good when given time to throw.

lasthog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 07:49:47 pm
Don't forget he's the NFL's all time interception thrower. He didn't do those types of things in clutch situations. He usually made the right play in the clutch.

Hey, the guy was an all-time great. He was known as throwing those "No, No, Bret....Great throw." But he had an incredible gun and had great confidence.

Loved watching him play.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: lasthog on September 23, 2017, 08:08:18 pm
Hey, the guy was an all-time great. He was known as throwing those "No, No, Bret....Great throw." But he had an incredible gun and had great confidence.

Loved watching him play.
Oh yeah, no doubt he was a great QB. He was also smart enough to play the situation. He usually throw his crazy picks early in the game not in the clutch.

Dominicanhog

You are what your record says you are.. he'll likely end up with a losing record at Arkansas...

dandd TD

Our biggest weakness on offense is Oline. Period. AA can't do much when on his ass or running for his life! This should have been seen early. Either wrong folks recruited or not developed. Both of these on the coaches. Anderson ain't worth a damn as an Oline coach.
3-4 ain't going to cut it. We got the schemes, not the personnel. Again, this is coaching. It's been 5 years, is this the product we bought? Are we still happy with what we are paying for?  NO!
Buy boxes, pack their crap, move on!

leroyhawg

This is not bashing, it is time to give Cole some extended playing time to see how he reacts.
Play him against Bama, see if he handles it without being on his backside all day, protect him from ft he blitz, with quick developing plays.
Give them a different look.
Going back to Petrino and now Bret, Saban knows what we are going to call, heck Saban has everyone's playbook but Dabo! play Austin and Cole see the results, Cole has the wrist flick like Marino, let's see if it works against the best, either a breakout game or scarred for life!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

It's not all the Oline, Bret takes some blame!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Al Boarland

AA is a tough SOB, but he needs to keep his composure after a play doesn't go his way.

Kevin

AA is a good qb. I underst his frustration of getting hit in every pass play but he has to quit the whining on every play.

Plus, after his blow up on the sideline, it would have been nice to see him go over and give the line some love after we scored on the next possession
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

codeHog

DID Enos call that pass into the middle of their defense? A&M just had Kirk run a simple out to beat us and our DB had no help

Could our TEs not run to the corner and out jump their guys?

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: codeHog on September 24, 2017, 07:58:36 am
DID Enos call that pass into the middle of their defense? A&M just had Kirk run a simple out to beat us and our DB had no help

Could our TEs not run to the corner and out jump their guys?
Remember that play was a standard Drew Morgan special where he dragged across and found a spot for AA to throw...WRs are supposed to sell corner routes to open up middle, RBs are supposed to pick up blitz or flat for safety valve...AA just forced a pass he shouldn't have. Game over.

Qui Gon Jinn

It looks to me like he's been told not to run.  He's so hesitant to do it. 

However, in my opinion, we can't really make too many judgements on how good he is until he gets a chance to play with an OL that can keep defenders off of him.  He made some great passes last night.  The INT at the end wasn't a good pass or a good idea, but I don't think you can base his abilities off one pass.  About 2-3 years ago, I remember people clambering to "Put in Austin. He's better than Brandon.  He's more aggressive."  In usual fashion, Razorback fans want the backup to start until the backup is actually starting.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 23, 2017, 07:13:58 pm
he needs to learn to throw it away after 3 seconds and quit taking unnecessary sacks...

I would guess by your comments you have never played quarterback in organized football. Try counting off 3 seconds while trying to find an open receiver and at the same time see all the defenders coming at you, then on top of that find the open field to run while the first two options are bad. This is what fans expect their quarterback to do in 3 seconds.

AA made a choice on his last pass that turned out bad. But keep in mind he realized there were only two downs left to win the game.

A lot of fans have criticized AA's demeanor but I appreciate his desire to win and the fire in his belly. Just wish some of the coaches showed that same desire and would express it to the players during the game.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 24, 2017, 09:53:12 am
I would guess by your comments you have never played quarterback in organized football. Try counting off 3 seconds while trying to find an open receiver and at the same time see all the defenders coming at you, then on top of that find the open field to run while the first two options are bad. This is what fans expect their quarterback to do in 3 seconds.

AA made a choice on his last pass that turned out bad. But keep in mind he realized there were only two downs left to win the game.

A lot of fans have criticized AA's demeanor but I appreciate his desire to win and the fire in his belly. Just wish some of the coaches showed that same desire and would express it to the players during the game.

that's what good QB's do and are coached to do.. it's called the clock in their head... surely you've heard of that.. and I didn't say he needed to do all you suggested.. 4 or 5 seconds in the pocket is hard to come by...

as you said:  there were 2 downs left.. oh wait, never mind..