Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Player Bashing.

Started by Squealers, September 23, 2017, 03:05:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squealers

There are rules about bashing players here on Hogville.  You agreed to the terms when you signed up to this free site.  For those of you who just don't get it, let me explain..... players, families of players, recruits and families of recruits and others read and participate in this board.  When a player makes a mistake, I promise you they feel it internally and  externally from fans and others.  No one feels worse then they do, and you would understand that if you have ever played organized sports and made a mistake.

We will not be a forum of player bashers.   Moderating a site is not always easy, but taking steps to prevent bashing is easy. 

If you think bashing players is good policy, go start your own message board and have at it. 

Otherwise, respect the rules of Hogville and allow non bashing discourse to rule the road.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

hogcard1964

Jimbob111

Quote from: Squealers on September 23, 2017, 03:05:36 pm
There are rules about bashing players here on Hogville.  You agreed to the terms when you signed up to this free site.  For those of you who just don't get it, let me explain..... players, families of players, recruits and families of recruits and others read and participate in this board.  When a player makes a mistake, I promise you they feel it internally and  externally from fans and others.  No one feels worse then they do, and you would understand that if you have ever played organized sports and made a mistake.

We will not be a forum of player bashers.   Moderating a site is not always easy, but taking steps to prevent bashing is easy. 

If you think bashing players is good policy, go start your own message board and have at it. 

Otherwise, respect the rules of Hogville and allow non bashing discourse to rule the road.

I agree that bashing players should not be allowed. But discussion over what went wrong should be allowed, even if that means pointing out a mistake that a player made. If discussing the team, players, coaches, and games aren't the point of Hogville, why are we here?
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Malvin

I don't get the mods on this board when it comes to the players.  While I 100% nobody should troll the players who say things that are unproductive or hurt the program.. but we should be allowed to have constructive criticism.  These players are not 8 year olds on a little league baseball field.  Many are over 18 which makes them grown men, they can vote, join the Marines and kills some evil doers.. but they can't take being questioned on the boards?  Seems bizarre. 

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Malvin on September 23, 2017, 03:16:01 pm
I don't get the mods on this board when it comes to the players.  While I 100% nobody should troll the players who say things that are unproductive or hurt the program.. but we should be allowed to have constructive criticism.  These players are not 8 year olds on a little league baseball field.  Many are over 18 which makes them grown men, they can vote, join the Marines and kills some evil doers.. but they can't take being questioned on the boards?  Seems bizarre.
They've run into legal issues with certain things posted on here so they now draw a line. Not saying it has to do with bashing players. But this is Lanny's house and if you don't like it then gtfo.

WilsonHog

Our rule here has always been no player bashing, and it has been explained time and time again. I'll do so again.

WORDS MATTER.

If you make the argument that the last pass should not have been thrown into coverage that tight, no problem. If you further claim that Austin's mechanics were off on that last pass and you explain why you think so, no problem.

However, if the extent of your analysis is a personal attack on him (he sucks, he's horrible, he should be benched, etc.) that is player bashing and is not allowed.

Hawgphish

Ultimately, it all falls on the head coach.  There is no way anyone could argue that our program is not clearly in decline.  You have to win games period.

TheRazorback500

I love our players and the way they fought to the end. Bad coaching and athletic directing is the problem.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Mo_Better_Hogs

We lost plenty of individual battles today (at the line, etc.) But overall, without reviewing the tape closely, I thought our players fought their guts out. I applaud their effort.

LadybackBBFan

I do not know if this is bashing the players or not, but the offensive line has not been good with the exception of Ragnow for the last two years.  Is that the players fault, the offensive line coach or the coaching staff for recruiting them

Squealers

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on September 23, 2017, 05:02:39 pm
I do not know if this is bashing the players or not, but the offensive line has not been good with the exception of Ragnow for the last two years.  Is that the players fault, the offensive line coach or the coaching staff for recruiting them

Stating that the offensive line is not good is not bashing individual players.  The reason is because we have failed to recruit the proper players to strengthen the OL.  This is a recruiting and coaching gaff.  Should you say " The OL SUCKS, Wilson, Smith, Jones & Brown couldn't play for Tech....then that is bashing.  Carry on.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

stan the man

A and M started 10 freshmen. That reallymakes this loss worse

DeltaBoy

It all on the 15 Million dollar straw man!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HoggyCat

In all honesty, if players, coaches or family members are on the boards seeing what the fans have to say, then we're in deeper trouble than you realize.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Swestwill66

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on September 23, 2017, 04:18:53 pm
We lost plenty of individual battles today (at the line, etc.) But overall, without reviewing the tape closely, I thought our players fought their guts out. I applaud their effort.
100% agreed! I'm proud of how the HOGS kept fighting today!

Squealers

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 23, 2017, 08:19:13 pm
In all honesty, if players, coaches or family members are on the boards seeing what the fans have to say, then we're in deeper trouble than you realize.

It is a reality, and it happens with all major college message boards, it is 2017.

arkansas proud77

I love allen.  The line has had problems with pass coverage.  A dual threat guy like warren would be great in spurts. It might help allen

Medic821

Sigh...Board full of D1 coaches...

The Kig

Quote from: Squealers on September 23, 2017, 05:15:00 pm
Stating that the offensive line is not good

Not bashing...but this is an egregious understatement.  There are sooooo many facets of this team that are "not good", but the OL is 2016 Defense level not good.
Poker Porker

gangstaback

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 23, 2017, 03:22:50 pm
WORDS MATTER.

Austin ...[...] he sucks, he's horrible, he should be benched, etc.

WORDS MATTER.

Completely agree with your statements!

GrouchyOldGuy

I have solved my conflict, with our current AD, and HC, when JL fired Petrino I figured we no longer wanted to WIN, at the NEA banquet BRET was let's say quite "tipsey," his partners left before he began, let's just say I never saw any Razorback coach that tipster, and I go back to Jack Mitchell era!

After much soul searching I dropped my Donation of $3,500.00 a year and haven't attended a game since!  A part of my life that I loved dearly is now gone!

I loved Coach Broyles like a father he never high hatted anyone and he always knew my name!

I want to thank Lanny for having a board that you can at least question things!

DeltaBoy

Thanks for that boy of history!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GrouchyOldGuy

Lots of people saw it at the Paragould CC

RazorbackAlways

Id never blame the players. Theyre college kids. Coaches, you wont hear the end of it.