Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JLS "Smiley's" Full year of non recruiting same as one year death penalty?

Started by hogninja, July 16, 2017, 10:45:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on July 20, 2017, 02:07:38 pm
So " get it done " is like " winning " here. The definition floats to fit the narrative. The games you mentioned would not have put them any closer to accomplishing any of the bigger things. To do that they have to have a team that is capable of beating Bama. They may not do it, but they have to be talented enough to do so. A team that talented would not lose to toledo, or get beaten 56-3 by Auburn or collapse in the 2nd half against Mizzu or VT.

Here is the rub, most were happy with 21-5 and not beating Bama.  The ones who point out that CBP never beat Bama are the same ones satisfied with anything CBB accomplishes or doesn't.  Most were happy with a BCS bowl, some are happy with any bowl game. 

As long as Saban reigns surprise in the SECW, I would be thrilled with a New Years Day type bowl in place of a SECC game.   Personally I need to see a 10 win season now and again to feel like Arkansas is maintaining our rightful place on the college landscape.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: LRrazorback on July 18, 2017, 08:51:52 am
Moral?  Were you there?
I'd say the exact opposite. I would think the players finally don't have to live under authoritarian rule and moral would be through the roof.  Unfortunately, moral on the football field doesn't win, strict authoritarian does.

Dabo says hello...

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 20, 2017, 04:58:11 pm
Here is the rub, most were happy with 21-5 and not beating Bama.  The ones who point out that CBP never beat Bama are the same ones satisfied with anything CBB accomplishes or doesn't.  Most were happy with a BCS bowl, some are happy with any bowl game. 

As long as Saban reigns surprise in the SECW, I would be thrilled with a New Years Day type bowl in place of a SECC game.   Personally I need to see a 10 win season now and again to feel like Arkansas is maintaining our rightful place on the college landscape.

BUt that still does not define getting it done. If your boss comes to you and says " you need to get it done " but does not tell you what "it" is, how do you know what to do.

Our " rightful place on the college landscape"? Just what is that? Since joining the SEC this program has averaged 7.5 wins per season. Seems our " rightful " place is pretty much where we have been the last 5 seasons. 10 win seasons are the exception, not the norm for this program.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on July 21, 2017, 09:39:45 am
BUt that still does not define getting it done. If your boss comes to you and says " you need to get it done " but does not tell you what "it" is, how do you know what to do.

Our " rightful place on the college landscape"? Just what is that? Since joining the SEC this program has averaged 7.5 wins per season. Seems our " rightful " place is pretty much where we have been the last 5 seasons. 10 win seasons are the exception, not the norm for this program.

Yep some have low standards, or are just not willing to put any expectations on the program as long as we have the current coach.  In another post besides the one you quoted I gave you the same opportunity.  Is it impossible for you to commit? 

Our rightful place is 10 wins now and again and always has been.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 21, 2017, 06:06:03 pm
Yep some have low standards, or are just not willing to put any expectations on the program as long as we have the current coach.  In another post besides the one you quoted I gave you the same opportunity.  Is it impossible for you to commit? 

Our rightful place is 10 wins now and again and always has been.
lol, go around thinking you deserve to have things handed to you and see how far you get.

wins are earned not deserved.

In 2006 we were 10-1 going into LSU and all I heard from the team is that they weren't getting the respect the deserved.

they went 0-3 after that
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 21, 2017, 06:37:34 pm
lol, go around thinking you deserve to have things handed to you and see how far you get.

wins are earned not deserved.

In 2006 we were 10-1 going into LSU and all I heard from the team is that they weren't getting the respect the deserved.

they went 0-3 after that

LOL!  What makes you think I don't expect the team to earn whatever they get?  Isn't that the point.  Just for you, I expect the team to earn 10 win seasons now and again.  Understand?

PorkSoda

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 21, 2017, 06:47:04 pm
LOL!  What makes you think I don't expect the team to earn whatever they get?  Isn't that the point.  Just for you, I expect the team to earn 10 win seasons now and again.  Understand?
I expect to watch some good games.  that's about it.  CBB doesn't answer to us, so our expectations of his job performance mean diddly.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 21, 2017, 06:53:48 pm
I expect to watch some good games.  that's about it.  CBB doesn't answer to us, so our expectations of his job performance mean diddly.

And I'll almost bet you have post complaining about CBP not beating Bama, I bet at that time you had expectations galore.

I don't care who the coach is or who the PTB are who run the program I still expect the Higs to win just about every game.

All the while knowing they won't. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 21, 2017, 07:00:31 pm
And I'll almost bet you have post complaining about CBP not beating Bama, I bet at that time you had expectations galore.

I don't care who the coach is or who the PTB are who run the program I still expect the Higs to win just about every game.

All the while knowing they won't. 
fair enough, I always think we are going to win every game right up until we don't.  its just part of being a fan.

I was just making a point about the idea that we have a "rightful place" at the top of the pecking order.  Other than pure homerism, which is all in good fun, its simple hubris.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 21, 2017, 07:11:59 pm
fair enough, I always think we are going to win every game right up until we don't.  its just part of being a fan.

I was just making a point about the idea that we have a "rightful place" at the top of the pecking order.  Other than pure homerism, which is all in good fun, its simple hubris.

Again I didn't say top of the pecking order, I said rightful place(which I understand might be a different place for some folks)and I also said 10 wins now and again which wouldn't put us at the top of the pecking order.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 21, 2017, 07:16:30 pm
Again I didn't say top of the pecking order, I said rightful place(which I understand might be a different place for some folks)and I also said 10 wins now and again which wouldn't put us at the top of the pecking order.
how many teams average 10 wins?

answer zero.  the highest historical win percentage is .731  10/13 games is 0.77.

so that would put us at the top of the pecking order.

Edit: now I see you said "now and again" at first read I thought you were saying that we should win 10 every year.