Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well we must be hiring our DC from Bama or UGA ? Ha

Started by theFlyingHog, January 02, 2018, 01:18:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

Ain't nobody else have a reason to wait any longer. Let's get this staff together and get ready to roll into spring. I'm tired of waiting!

DoctorSusscrofa

Now that they know you're waiting, they'll be in a hurry to get this done.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

ShadowTheHedgehog

Unless it is an NFL DC and you have to wait until after the Supper Bowl ;)

JK - I was hoping for some closure as well now that Clemson is out.

NoogaHog

I still think Chavis and aTm are in a stand-off. If Chavis leaves he owes aTm a bunch of money, if aTm fires Chavis, they owe him a lot of money. So if Jimbo names another DC, Chavis gets paid. If Arkansas announces Chavis, aTm gets paid. I think that is what is being negotiated.  Who blinks first?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

NoogaHog

Maybe no one blinks and Chavis stays at aTm. That would be awkward.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

PorkSoda

Quote from: NoogaHog on January 02, 2018, 04:27:50 pm
I still think Chavis and aTm are in a stand-off. If Chavis leaves he owes aTm a bunch of money, if aTm fires Chavis, they owe him a lot of money. So if Jimbo names another DC, Chavis gets paid. If Arkansas announces Chavis, aTm gets paid. I think that is what is being negotiated.  Who blinks first?
My feeling is that the situation is fluid.  or maybe that is the chinese food I had last night.

If TAMU strikes out on thier top DC targets, they may decide to keep Chavis.  so then it will come down to whether we want to outbid TAMU or whether Chavis prefers to work with Jimbo or Morris.

I assume the dominos are going to start falling this week though
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

RockyMtnHog

One of the candidates for the DC position still has a game on Saturday.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

ALLVOL

Quote from: NoogaHog on January 02, 2018, 04:30:40 pm
That would be hilarious!!!

ALLVOL

I think you're on to something here.

havok

Quote from: NoogaHog on January 02, 2018, 04:30:40 pm

Yea.. I hope we don't end up like we did when Petrino's 1st choice, Ellis Johnson abruptly left to go to South Carolina.. didn't we end up with Willy Robinson?  a guy who set world records at previous jobs for giving up the most yards, points..and basically coached as if "tackling" was over rated and unnecessary?

Hope we aren't getting to that point again...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Here's a list of top 10 Mexican Stand-off's... aTm vs Chavis is probably in there somewhere...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoglady

Quote from: havok on January 02, 2018, 05:02:46 pm
Yea.. I hope we don't end up like we did when Petrino's 1st choice, Ellis Johnson abruptly left to go to South Carolina.. didn't we end up with Willy Robinson?  a guy who set world records at previous jobs for giving up the most yards, points..and basically coached as if "tackling" was over rated and unnecessary?

Hope we aren't getting to that point again...

The defenses Bielema and staff put on the field made me miss Willie Robinson - sometimes you don't know what you have until they're gone.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

elksnort

Not to start a new thread on this so I ask it now. Is Chavis really worth the wait and the money? I'm not trying to stir anything up I'm just asking the question.

Is Chavis that valuable? Is it the case he would draw in great assistants?
Or are we just getting Texas A&M sloppy seconds?

ALLVOL

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2018, 05:22:34 pm
Not to start a new thread on this so I ask it now. Is Chavis really worth the wait and the money? I'm not trying to stir anything up I'm just asking the question.

I think he's really good. I miss him at UT and would welcome him back. His players love him unlike any coach we've had at UT in so long I can't even remember. He is great at player development and if given the resources puts a solid set of asst together. He hates and I mean HATES the media and gives very few interviews. Pretty much whatever he is required to give is all he gives the media. Your LB play will be lights out and the defense will be aggressive as hell.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2018, 05:22:34 pm

So. Many. Threads.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Hoggish1

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 02, 2018, 04:50:37 pm

Which game?  Only games on Sat. are NFL

Bash

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on January 02, 2018, 04:24:03 pm
and you have to wait until after the Supper Bowl ;)

Noting happens until the supper bowl is empty.  And that's the way it should be.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Smashmouth2004

Chavis is a done deal and I think entire coaching staff will be announced next week.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Bash on January 02, 2018, 09:19:26 pm
Noting happens until the supper bowl is empty.  And that's the way it should be.
If then Supper Bowl is empty then I'm going out for a smoke

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WoooPigSooieShane

CCM has stated a few times that he wants to wait to make any announcements until he can do it all at once. Which is why I'm guessing none of the other coaches coming from SMU have had an official announcement either.

The NCAA is allowing a 10th assistant, but that won't be effective until next week. So I know this has been stated in other threads but here we go again...I believe CCM is waiting until Jan 9th to give a presser for his full staff of 10 assistants. So no official statement until then.

As much as people want to think that a lack of announcement may hurt recruiting, it doesn't. I'd be willing to bet the coaches that were recruiting before the dead period were probably telling these kids that Chavis was waiting in the wings. We are in a dead period now until the 12th (I believe) so no coaches can make any kind of 1 on 1 visit with recruits anyway. Plus, these kids have Twitter like the rest of us, they know who the DC is at this point like we do...And it's Chavis.

Everyone who is hoping that no announcement = Venables or Saban, simply aren't listening. Or maybe they don't want to listen. People who are very plugged in and credible have said over and over again it's Chavis. You can not like it, and that's your prerogative. Or maybe you wait until (at the very least) the Spring Game when we can see what the staff can produce on the field.

Or just continue to complain before CCM has even coached a game here...Whatevs.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 02, 2018, 09:06:03 pm
Which game?  Only games on Sat. are NFL

GMU vs N. Dakota State.  It has been mentioned that the GMU DC is a candidate.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

greenie

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 02, 2018, 11:19:55 pm
GMU vs N. Dakota State.  It has been mentioned that the GMU DC is a candidate.

GMU JMU (James Madison University)
the game is this Saturday, and I guess Bob Trott is the guy to which you're referring?  He has some Arkansas ties.

https://www.jmusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1424&path=football

I think that aTm would have to pull some kind of shenanigans, however, in order for Chavis not to end up as our DC.

kp72204

Is it possible that someone prevents Chavis from coming? A&M decided to not pay extra money for Chavis and new DC. What would happen then? Obviously next man up, but how would we look for that last recruiting push?

Flrazrback

Maybe he is a foreigner and can't get his passport in order.. Just saying....

deserthoag

I thought aTm had hired Phil Bennett as DC.

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

mdoubleu84

This feels just like our AD hire. Derrick Gragg set to be the new AD at Arkans...nope

SemperHawg

The Chavis situation has been explained quite a few times, not sure why everyone still is asking questions.  As soon as Chief and A&M are done with this 1.6 million dollar game of chicken they are playing, I would be willing to be it will be announced.  Until then we really can't.  Also if I were Chavis I would be doing the same thing, that is a lot of jack to just leave on the table so Arkansas fans won't be nervous.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 02, 2018, 04:50:37 pm

That would be hilarious if Pruitt ditched Tenner to come be our DC.

casken

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 03, 2018, 01:55:49 pm
The Chavis situation has been explained quite a few times, not sure why everyone still is asking questions.  As soon as Chief and A&M are done with this 1.6 million dollar game of chicken they are playing, I would be willing to be it will be announced.  Until then we really can't.  Also if I were Chavis I would be doing the same thing, that is a lot of jack to just leave on the table so Arkansas fans won't be nervous.

Perhaps because "explanations" in the past have turned out to be less than accurate. When an official press release is posted then the questions can be put to rest...at least on this topic.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

SemperHawg

Quote from: casken on January 03, 2018, 02:13:00 pm
Perhaps because "explanations" in the past have turned out to be less than accurate.
It is a message board, a free one at that.

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

26.2Hog

FootballScoop says Aggies trying to hire Aranda from LSU.

"Texas A&M: The Aggies are in the process of hiring Dave Aranda away from LSU reports Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle. Brent adds the deal could be finalized today. FootballScoop sources tell us A&M's offer is considerably over $2 million per year, full autonomy on defense and "anything Dave needs to do his job to the best of his abilities".

Good grief.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 02, 2018, 04:33:00 pm
My feeling is that the situation is fluid.

I wish you yahoo's would quit saying that! Every time I read that it makes me need to go to the restroom to p.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogblitz

The question is whether LSU will make a run at Chavis!?

opineonswine

Quote from: hogblitz on January 03, 2018, 02:43:11 pm
The question is whether LSU will make a run at Chavis!?

After he was in a lawsuit with them?  Not likely.

ALLVOL