Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lady Razorbacks break top 25

Started by HamIAm, December 24, 2012, 08:56:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog63

Congrats to the girls, they really have worked hard to get here. Now the real season starts in about a week and a half.

WPS !!!! Go Ladybacks

Mrcoolhog55

This is good news, and I want to say Congrats to the Ladybacks they have earned this top 25 ranking with their real good play on the basketball floor. I have listened to their games on the radio, and they have been playing real good basketball , and winning as well as their 11-1 record shows the hard work has pay off with this 25 ranking. Good job girls, and keep playing good basketball. Go Hogs Go- go ladybacks.

revolution

Will they play 18 games like the guys, or do they still have East-West divisions?

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: revolution on December 25, 2012, 10:49:10 pm
Will they play 18 games like the guys, or do they still have East-West divisions?
They have never played in Divisions because East Teams did not want to play Tennessee twice every year.  They play sixteen games with 3 teams doubling up.

revolution

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on December 26, 2012, 06:56:47 am
They have never played in Divisions because East Teams did not want to play Tennessee twice every year.  They play sixteen games with 3 teams doubling up.   
Quote from: LadybackBBFan on December 26, 2012, 06:56:47 am
?They have never played in Divisions because East Teams did not want to play Tennessee twice every year.  They play sixteen games with 3 teams doubling up.
so I guess 10 and 6 will get them in the Big Dance?

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: revolution on December 26, 2012, 06:34:40 pm
so I guess 10 and 6 will get them in the Big Dance?
Yes, 10 and 6 probably even 9 & 7 would get them in the big dance every year.  Gary Blair use to get in with a .500 record in the SEC or less.

VBMark

I think 8-8 and a win in the conference tournament will get them this year. You get outside of the top 7-8 teams, the next 30 are pretty even to include a lot of the SEC women's teams.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: HamIAm on December 24, 2012, 08:56:29 pm
Ranked #25 by AP

:)

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2012/dec/24/arkansas-women-receive-top-25-ranking/
# 23 this week.  Moved ahead of Texas A&M & Gary Blair who they play at Bud Walton this Sunday at 2:00 P.M.  Need fans to support this team!! :P :razorback: :razorback:

Kenny Dowell Loggains

HogSkinsDisease

Are they following recent trends?  Now 0-2 in SEC play.  Will they be better than mediocre at best in the SEC?