Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ladyback-asu game on the radio

Started by pioneerhog, March 21, 2005, 02:44:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JD_85

Yeah I tend to avoid those guys over at Tribalgrounds. I'm nothing like them.

Macgyver_Hawg

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Jagermeister on March 21, 2005, 09:00:13 pm
Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 21, 2005, 08:58:47 pm
I hate when teams do that crap.....they think they win the world over and own everything in it when they luck up and beat you...and they have to be total jackass' in the process,...

What are you babbling about?

The fans of ASU you deek...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

WindyCityHog

WindyCityHog

maniax22bolts20

Why has Thompson not shot more? 2 threes quickly give Hogs chance. 1:25 to go. Shrock hit 2 free throws(7) 92-79 now. Thompson 3rd foul. Ali Carter hit 2 ft. 25 points. 93-79.

WindyCityHog

Will this game ever end?  95-81 last minute

maniax22bolts20

LOL Bobo.  STATE WOMENS CHAMPIONS indeed. 98-84 final ASU.

WindyCityHog

"Lady Indians are going to win the state championship"....Ha

98-84 FINAL.

Students are rushing the floor....Good Lord...

idochog

Heres how you fix the athletics problem at the UA:

1. FIRE FRICKIN JOHN WHITE

2. Remove Bev Lewis from John Whites butt, wipe the brown stuff off her nose and FIRE HER

3. Hire a Man for the womens athletics director

4. Fire Gardner

Thats a pretty good start.
I love Jesus!

JD_85

That's embarassing that the students are on the floor. I could of sworn those kids could care less. Oh well, I bet the Lady Indians are in heaven.  Coach Boyer is a great close and showed some class by not shooting the last shot and making it 100 points.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 21, 2005, 09:13:36 pm

98-84 FINAL.

For a women's game?  Has there ever been such a thing?

I was a little miffed when we did it for Florida during men's basketball.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Jagermeister on March 21, 2005, 09:16:42 pm
That's embarassing that the students are on the floor. I could of sworn those kids could care less. Oh well, I bet the Lady Indians are in heaven. Coach Boyer is a great close and showed some class by not shooting the last shot and making it 100 points.

I'll agree with you there....but the announcer sure wanted it...

OKhogfan1959

98-84...A new low for the Ladybacks!!! Will there be a change? Can we afford to keep Gardner? This was not a loss to a SEC power...

The era of good feelings produced by Blair is all but forgotten now and soon it won't matter to any one even the hardcore Ladyback fans...

Does Lewis even care? I really think it will show tomorrow or the next day if no change is made then they really don't care about the Women's basketball program..Sad really...They have the potential to have a program that all fans could be proud of..

WindyCityHog

Quote from: MacGyver_Hawg on March 21, 2005, 09:17:37 pm
Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 21, 2005, 09:13:36 pm

98-84 FINAL.

For a women's game?  Has there ever been such a thing?

I was a little miffed when we did it for Florida during men's basketball.

Not since the days of frickin' Bill Bergey....Every dog has their day.

maniax22bolts20

That's embarassing that the students are on the floor. I could of sworn those kids could care less. Oh well, I bet the Lady Indians are in heaven. Coach Boyer is a great close and showed some class by not shooting the last shot and making it 100 points.
Credit should be given to Boyer and his girls. They were basically shouldered with a directive tonight and responded with a resounding win. They truly are a great group.

WindyCityHog

I have no problem with the Lady Indians or their coach...they won, and won convincingly.

With that said, it is only the women's college basketball.

Where do the ASU fans think they are?  Knoxville? ;D

pioneerhog

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 21, 2005, 09:21:27 pm
Credit should be given to Boyer and his girls. They were basically shouldered with a directive tonight and responded with a resounding win. They truly are a great group.
I agree Credit should be given, It seemed like we was out played and out coached. You got to give it to them, they came prepared and took care of buisness.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 21, 2005, 09:24:41 pm
I have no problem with the Lady Indians or their coach...they won, and won convincingly.

Where do the ASU fans think they are? Knoxville? ;D

No, Windy, it's the Women's NIT

WindyCityHog

Quote from: MacGyver_Hawg on March 21, 2005, 09:26:21 pm

Tell that to them....they're the ones that don't understand that concept.

I'll be here late tonight....Later than usual, because all the ASU fans have to leave the county to get something to drink...and some will undoubtedly show up here....

maniax22bolts20

Whichever side you were all on tonight the fact remains that the ASU Lady Indians are now the only D1 team in Arkansas still in the postseason and are 21-10. They should be cheered in the 3rd round game . Turnovers did the Ladybacks in. 10,892 officially saw it live.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 21, 2005, 09:31:55 pm

Whichever side you were all on tonight the fact remains that the ASU Lady Indians are now the only D1 team in Arkansas still in the postseason and are 21-10. They should be cheered in the 3rd round game . Turnovers did the Ladybacks in. 10,892 officially saw it live.

I've not watched any of the Men's NIT this season either.
I've come to the conclusion that if I constantly cheer for the little things I won't get to experience the big things.
In sports sometimes you have to say "this isn't good enough" and "you can do better".

ASU should aim higher - like the NCAA's.

3kgthog

Didn't go to the game, didn't listen to the game, don't care that the L'Backs lost, don't care that Gardner will get fired and think it's absolutely retarded that ASU fans proceeded to storm the court in a victory against an unranked opponent that was darn near the worst women's team in the SEC.  In fact, I'm sitting here with a smile on my face and a chuckle in my heart. Lord knows that'll be the only highlight ASU has in any sport for the rest of my lifetime. 

gostAte

As a fan of all Arkansas schools including the University of Arkansas, please do not treat ASU fans like Texas fans treat Arkansas fans. Of course this is going to be a big game for ASU and the students are going to be excited and rush the field.  Of course when Texas comes to Razorback stadium we're going to be pumped and excited, more so than Texas would be. I'm still going to be an Arkansas fan even though many of us have short term memory.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: gostAte on March 21, 2005, 11:01:34 pm
As a fan of all Arkansas schools including the University of Arkansas, please do not treat ASU fans like Texas fans treat Arkansas fans. Of course this is going to be a big game for ASU and the students are going to be excited and rush the field. Of course when Texas comes to Razorback stadium we're going to be pumped and excited, more so than Texas would be. I'm still going to be an Arkansas fan even though many of us have short term memory.

First....welcome to Hogville gostAte.....and I think Razorback fans on message boards equate ASU fans with the knobs on Tribalgrounds.....but rushing the court in a women's NIT game?  Whatever floats your boat....

Porkahontas

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 21, 2005, 11:09:21 pm
Quote from: gostAte on March 21, 2005, 11:01:34 pm
As a fan of all Arkansas schools including the University of Arkansas, please do not treat ASU fans like Texas fans treat Arkansas fans. Of course this is going to be a big game for ASU and the students are going to be excited and rush the field. Of course when Texas comes to Razorback stadium we're going to be pumped and excited, more so than Texas would be. I'm still going to be an Arkansas fan even though many of us have short term memory.

First....welcome to Hogville gostAte.....and I think Razorback fans on message boards equate ASU fans with the knobs on Tribalgrounds.....but rushing the court in a women's NIT game? Whatever floats your boat....

I'm gonna drive down to Jonesboro tonight and join the looting and burning of small vehicles, I think.

JD_85

Come on down man! We are flipping over large vans at the moment.

gostAte

Tribalgrounds just represents a small percentage of Indian fans just as Hogville.net just represents a small number of U of A fans. I know I didn't have to tell you that.  I don't care if it's two on two women's teatherball its gonna be a big deal for any in-state school to knock of the University of Arkansas. Take it as a compliment. Don't make fun of us for being happy.

Arkstfan

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 21, 2005, 09:25:46 pm
Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 21, 2005, 09:21:27 pm
I agree Credit should be given, It seemed like we was out played and out coached. You got to give it to them, they came prepared and took care of buisness.

The Lady'Back team I saw tonight CARED.

They had several opportunities to get beat by more than 20 and fought back again and again. Despite the height advantage ASU had, the Lady'Backs won the rebounding battle by HUSTLING.

Outcoached? Boyer had height and the Lady Indians took it inside again and again and again. There wasn't a lot Arkansas could do about it other than foul.