Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trainer Mark Danner

Started by cbhawg03, July 17, 2014, 10:56:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

Who is this guy?

Charges $70.00 per day

cbhawg03

I ask because we had talked about some of the rates before of different trainers.

I saw a complaint filed that said he was the trainer for this lady and he charged $70 a day and it was for what was suppose to be an Arky bred.

Lady purchased horse from breeding operation in Van Buren that was being trainer by Pletcher at GP. Lady wanted to by horse to run at Oaklawn this past season , bought horse for $20k and had it shipped to Oaklawn. Tries to register horse for Arky bred and they won't allow it because of some crap that happened with owner of breeding operation supposedly.

husker71

interesting but what do the foaling papers say   I thought they were the official document that determines what state the horse is eligible for state awards in.  Please keep us informed on this if you can

cbhawg03

Quote from: husker71 on July 17, 2014, 05:53:20 pm
interesting but what do the foaling papers say   I thought they were the official document that determines what state the horse is eligible for state awards in.  Please keep us informed on this if you can

By complaint I meant in Court, lady filed lawsuit to get money back she paid for horse, shipping fee, vet bills and other damages.

I will post more about it when I can, have lot going on at the moment.

I will post names and name of horse, but if you look the horse up on equibase it says Arkansas bred, but Arkansas Breeders Association will not accept it.

cbhawg03

A Hot Springs woman who bought a $20,000 horse to race at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs never got out of the gate.

Nancy Pierce is suing the sellers of the horse, Burning Sands Stable LLC of Van Buren, and its principal, Dan Bearden of Fort Smith, for allegedly saying the horse was Arkansas-bred when it wasn't, according to her lawsuit filed in Crawford County Circuit Court.

Pierce bought the horse before the 2014 racing season so it could be entered in races for only "Arkansas bred" thoroughbreds, the lawsuit said. But when she tried to register the horse, Pierce discovered that the horse, called Malleable, was actually bred in Kentucky, the lawsuit said.

Pierce wanted her money back and to return the horse, but neither happened. Pierce sued Burning Sands and Bearden on several grounds including fraud.

Bearden has asked that the lawsuit be thrown out. And he said that he made no statements to Pierce "whether the horse was 'eligible to race in Arkansas only restricted races,'" the filing said.

husker71

I don't know if any of you guys remember a few years ago when this 3 year old in WV  broke his maiden in a WV bred maiden special and then his allowance 1st also limited to WV breds.  He then won a small state bred stakes race.  This colt had some talent.  Well then they somehow figured out he was actually a Kentucky bred.  So one night at MTR this colt was back running against maidens.  I guess they took away all his purse money earned and his record showed O starts if I am not mistaken.  He went off at 1/9 and won easily   of course    Paulick had a big write up on this    In other news I heard Mike Gill who was once the leading owner in the country is trying to get his license back  even though he was ruled off a bunch of tracks