Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horseplayers TV show on Esquire Network

Started by BigChief14, January 22, 2014, 12:32:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigChief14

jdelo77

I watched it a little while ago , pretty interesting too see these guys and how they are betting , the guys at Aqueduct are fun to watch , the guy at the breeders cup seems pretty odd but he made 150k , looks like it will be pretty good !

BigChief14

I agree, pretty acurate- didn't seem scripted like lots of "reality TV"

Kinda cool seeing how some BIG $ players go about it. Same highs and lows as me- except with 10x the money.

So far I liked the show, which means they'll screw it up if it becomes popular.

jdelo77

My wife watched it with me and said " why can't you win like that "  my response was , if it was that easy everyone would do it ....

HawgWild

I watched my first episode today and have two others recorded. I thought it was pretty good. Can't believe the Santa Anita Breeder's Cup bettor won $150,000 and came in second.

RockChalkJayhawk

LRCentralTiger

Episode 4 has Oaklawn's Frank Mirahmadi on it.  He auctions off one of the players. 

I did pick up something I did not know if it is true.  When a synthetic track get hot (temp), it gets soft and makes it difficult for the leading horses to win.

songofthesword

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on February 28, 2014, 06:02:32 am

I did pick up something I did not know if it is true.  When a synthetic track get hot (temp), it gets soft and makes it difficult for the leading horses to win.

it's why i don't play del mar's main track.   the track in the morning plays 1000x different than it does in the afternoon it's like running on tar in the afternoon

it really only effects 2 tracks i know of.. Del Mar and Dubai. no where else does it really get that hot enough to effect. maybe alrington in the dead of summer