Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On Fire Baby??

Started by cbhawg03, February 27, 2013, 08:04:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

Anybody know if she is going to race during the Oaklawn meet?

If so, they going to throw her into any stakes races?

showhimthewhip

Rumor has it the Apple Blossom is the goal.

Iwastherein1969

the most OVERRATED horse to ever grace the web pages of Hogville...she apparently was an early bloomer and defeated some fillies as a 2 year old that she couldn't stay close to when they turned 3....and as for her running 3rd against the Colts in I think it was the Southwest (but I could be wrong about which race) that was one of the weakest fields in memory for that race...I really hope she went to the breeding shed because she became one "money burning heifer"

ad: if she does come back, if Hartlage routes the filly he should lose his training license after the race....that filly could be a decent one turn, up to 7 furlongs race-mare....but I'll bet money Red Dog will try to run her long, something that she is NOT bred to do
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

good GOD ALMIGHTY !   ON FIRE BABY is out of a Gilded Time mare ( I just looked it up), and her sire, Smoke Glacken was at his best around one turn....some people just don't get it....why she ever runs past 7 panels is beyond ridiculous

cbhawg03

I thought they were going to bring her back, she hit the work tab 3 days ago.

Gary blamed the lack luster KY Oaks performance on skipping the Fantasy, so we shall see.

There are only two horses that I want to see at Oaklawn this year, Alternation and hopefully John Sherriffs will bring Elbousiante here for the Apple Blossom

jdelo77

Elbousiante would be awesome , I talked to a guy that is a part owner of a colt Red Dog trains , he said she is training well and will " shock people " his words not mine ..

cbhawg03

To start 4 year old season in the Apple Blossom per Red Dog.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cabolbrooks on March 27, 2013, 07:37:22 pm
To start 4 year old season in the Apple Blossom per Red Dog.

They just do not want her to be successful and it is obvious.....why do they continue to put her in the worst spots possible?  Sad to watch but not my horse, just my opinion.

cbhawg03

She was going to go in an Allowance race on Friday but it didn't feel. Guess she scared everyone off. ;)

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: cabolbrooks on March 28, 2013, 08:17:50 am
She was going to go in an Allowance race on Friday but it didn't feel. Guess she scared everyone off. ;)
she is bred to be a bad-ass sprinter and if Hartlage would train her to be exclusively a sprinter, she might kick a lot of ass in the midwest.....this two-turn ish is absolutely stupid....if she wins, the field will have to be awfully weak

cbhawg03

I do believe the field for this years Apple Blossom will be the weakest they we have seen in some time. Usually it has had a better quality than the Handicap but not this year.

On Fire Baby
Tiz Miz Sue - who I think will win
Don't Tell Sophia
MMA

Or

Defending BC Classic winner
Alternation
And others

showhimthewhip

I've been drinking the Tiz Miz Sue kool-aid.  I am a fan.

cbhawg03

She was the only price that was playable in the Azeri, and should get an even better set up in the Apple Blossom with On Fire Baby going.

showhimthewhip

I like your style Cabolbrooks.

cbhawg03

April 02, 2013, 03:23:53 pm #14 Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:34:00 pm by cabolbrooks
Quote from: showhimthewhip on April 02, 2013, 08:43:58 am
I like your style Cabolbrooks.

Hey messaging on here won't work. When you get time, send me an email

kingoftherapids

BAHAHAHAHAHA Getcha some of that 1969!

HogFanInBryant

here to gladly eat my crow, so happy for the connections even if I thought there were insane for doing this!

mckinneyhog5

Had $100 to W/P on her!  Hell Yea she was on fire!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

cbhawg03

I didn't see it but my folks text me that they hit the Tri. They shot for the stars and got em. Hopefully now she stays healthy and can do some damage in the F & M Division.

mckinneyhog5

She broke alertly stayed on top then relaxed and held off Tiz Miss Sue down the stretch. Way to go Red Dawg!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

showhimthewhip

Lets all eat this crow as a hogville family... I'll carve it up. Who wants a leg?

cbhawg03

Quote from: showhimthewhip on April 12, 2013, 06:47:26 pm
Lets all eat this crow as a hogville family... I'll carve it up. Who wants a leg?

While I thought she was a ls here, I always liked her. So I guess I get like a wing for not playing her today, but I was stuck at work all day.

HogFanInBryant

I took a shot in here and played $10win/place on Von H's horse at like 45-1...and boy did she run to her odds lmao!

The Hog

Damn.  Did not believe it a couple of weeks ago when he said she should get it.  Oh well.
Automatic RUN!

summithog

I rarely post, read every day.  Last year I brought first hand info from Reddog barn and was bashed by '69.  On fire baby skipped prep at oaklawn, backed up in oaks and people on here were crowing like they were Andy beyer.  Well '69 should Reddog still give up trainers license after bringing a "sprinter miler" off ten month layoff and win grade 1 going long.  Perhaps you should watch more and post less, btw I had pick 4,3,  double and  exacta.

hog_fan

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on March 27, 2013, 10:40:38 pm
They just do not want her to be successful and it is obvious.....why do they continue to put her in the worst spots possible?  Sad to watch but not my horse, just my opinion.

You were saying?

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: hog_fan on April 12, 2013, 10:17:43 pm
You were saying?

ate my crow a few posts back....glad for them as I stated

showhimthewhip

Quote from: hog_fan on April 12, 2013, 10:17:43 pm
You were saying?
Quote from: summithog on April 12, 2013, 10:09:59 pm
I rarely post, read every day.  Last year I brought first hand info from Reddog barn and was bashed by '69.  On fire baby skipped prep at oaklawn, backed up in oaks and people on here were crowing like they were Andy beyer.  Well '69 should Reddog still give up trainers license after bringing a "sprinter miler" off ten month layoff and win grade 1 going long.  Perhaps you should watch more and post less, btw I had pick 4,3,  double and  exacta.

I applaud hfib and cabol, at least we communicate on terms other than "I told you so"

kingoftherapids

when you start saying people are crazy and horses aren't worth crap you need to be called out. just saying. this filly is now set for life. i am sitting here in lexington tonight about to go to sleep knowing that OFB will have a great career one day as a mare because of the apple blossom.

kingoftherapids

preliminary beyer was a 101 by the way.

cbhawg03

She looked good going into the race and had a couple good works, reddog had her primed for her comeback.

HogFanInBryant

IDC if they wanna rub my face in it....its a small price to pay for watching how happy the connections are for what they pulled off.  Just bc I thought they were insane for how they managed OFB, it never meant I was rooting against her or them.  I would love to see her win the BCLC to be honest.  It will be fun to watch her through this year and see how good she really is.  She sure is a pretty girl and has gotten pretty big in 2013.

hog_fan

Quote from: showhimthewhip on April 12, 2013, 11:35:18 pm
I applaud hfib and cabol, at least we communicate on terms other than "I told you so"

I never gave an opinion either. He was calling out. I'm sure we all at times know more than trainers and sometimes we do. OFB was obviously ready.

cbhawg03

Are we going to go through this discussion again? On Fire Baby's half-sister will make her debut on Friday in Race 9 going 1 1/16. Lemon Drop Kid / Ornate is the pedigree.

7 published works for the debut, 3 of which came from the gate.

hogoffate

There are several horses that already have a distance race in them and look pretty competitive.  She will have to be close to being a "monster" to beat all of these.  The outside two horses might be best but the 11/12 hole in distance races is a combined 2 for 38.  I'll probably go with You Should be Here or The Strip.

I don't think she's that good right now but we will see.

kingoftherapids

red dog rarely wins first out.

cbhawg03

Not on the pace but looked good coming up the rail

hogoffate

I had the 8. Uggggh
Passed Hartlage on way out
He seemed shocked