Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got me a Big Fish!

Started by talley, July 17, 2015, 01:10:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

talley

Well went bowfishing the other day and ran across this monster!  He put up one heck of a fight! 

Rzbakfromwaybak

Wow.  How much did he weigh, & where did you..."catch"...him"?
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

talley

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on July 17, 2015, 04:15:28 pm
Wow.  How much did he weigh, & where did you..."catch"...him"?

Only had a scale that went to 100 and he maxed it out... I would guess somewhere around 140 to 150

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: talley on July 17, 2015, 05:04:15 pm

Only had a scale that went to 100 and he maxed it out... I would guess somewhere around 140 to 150

Where?

LSUFan

Gar is good eatin'

They call it the poor man's lobster because it has the taste and texture of lobster.

You'll need a chainsaw to clean it or a sawzall.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

talley

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: talley on July 17, 2015, 11:08:09 pm

Out of state.... La

Well, that's a good one for sure.  Looks 6 ft long, or more. I was fishing at night 2 summers ago, had one that came right up to my fishing light, chasing some fish.  It hit the bottom of my 16ft heavy alum boat.  It rocked the boat, startled me.  Dang thing must have weighed 80-100lbs.  At first I though it might have been a gator.  It was a big whatever.

razorbacker3

Quote from: LSUFan on July 17, 2015, 06:16:46 pm
Gar is good eatin'

They call it the poor man's lobster because it has the taste and texture of lobster.

You'll need a chainsaw to clean it or a sawzall.
Alligator gar are used in place of scallops in south Texas.
In Arkansas, drum are called "poor man's lobster " because you can take the meat and boil it in crab boil and it does taste like lobster somewhat. Kind of like using imitation crab instead of real crab.

LSUFan

DO NOT EAT GAR EGGS, they are highly poisonous.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

HawgWalsh

Albert Einswine

Quote from: LSUFan on July 22, 2015, 03:24:12 pm
DO NOT EAT GAR EGGS, they are highly poisonous.

Don't you mean choupique eggs?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

The Only place I ate Gar was at Pickets Soul food in Stuttgart , They called it Delta Lobster.  You got a pound and a half of it with Spicy Hush puppies  or it came on there Fisherman's Platter with Fresh water mussels, Catfish and Crappie balls.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 04, 2015, 11:01:49 am
The Only place I ate Gar was at Pickets Soul food in Stuttgart , They called it Delta Lobster.  You got a pound and a half of it with Spicy Hush puppies  or it came on there Fisherman's Platter with Fresh water mussels, Catfish and Crappie balls.

Didn't know crappie had balls.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 04, 2015, 11:06:03 am
Didn't know crappie had balls.

LOL they would chop up crappie with green onion and japanlo mixed into wet cornmeal, made into balls and deep fryed.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.