Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by FORTVEGAS, March 02, 2015, 01:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FORTVEGAS

I am a proud new owner of a 1911. I haven't ever shot one but walked by this one and the price looked right so I got it. Any pointers on this weapon?

lahawg1

1911 is as close to perfection in a sidearm as you will ever own. JMB's finest work...

Flying Razorback

Quote from: FORTVEGAS on March 02, 2015, 01:33:45 pm
I am a proud new owner of a 1911. I haven't ever shot one but walked by this one and the price looked right so I got it. Any pointers on this weapon?

You shouldn't have any problems because I bet you have a polished ramp feed and everything, but if any particular type of ammo hangs up then it is probably just that ammo/gun combo.

1911's naturally don't like hollow points a lot but the modern incarnations with their polished ramps have gotten rid of most of it.  But occasionally you'll run in to a particular brand/weight of hollow point that hangs up on feeding.  It's not a big deal.  All of your soft nose practice rounds should feed flawlessly.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

Beautiful gun, by the way.  I really like that wood on the matte black.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Rzbakfromwaybak

Nice looking gun.  1911's are probably the best designed firearm that was ever invented.  That's why they look very similar to this day.  Easy to modify, easy to find parts.  Good choice.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

pigture perfect

Would you mind sharing what you paid?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

FORTVEGAS

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 03, 2015, 01:04:20 am
Would you mind sharing what you paid?
Got it on sale at cabelas for $537

rzrbk4life

Beautiful gun. Enjoy
Let's call those hogs!!!!

DeltaBoy

Great side arm.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Albert Einswine

Beautiful gun! There's a reason a ton of companies are still making it 104 years later. John Moses Browning was a genius!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

John Moses Browning was a true genius. 1911, 30 cal water cool Machine gun, M-2 50 cal and the BAR.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Albert Einswine

A-5 shotgun, Winchester 1897 pump, several Winchester lever action rifles, numerous handgun designs. His catalogue is huge. He died in the FN factory in Belgium where he was still designing. They laid him in state in the board room and shut down operations so that all the workers could pay their respects to "Le Maitre", The Master.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

I got a Remmy version of that A-5 and I going to restore it cause it been through the mill.

rickm1976

Quote from: lahawg1 on March 02, 2015, 06:22:19 pm
1911 is as close to perfection in a sidearm as you will ever own. JMB's finest work...

2nd finest - the one that followed (Browning Hi-Power) was probably better, but I own 2 1911's and no Hi-Powers.  Both designs are masterpieces.

DeltaBoy

Hi-powers are great too.