Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coyote Hanging Around My House

Started by HawgWild, February 06, 2015, 02:25:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

95_alum

March 09, 2015, 11:18:40 pm #50 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:35:39 pm by 95_alum
Quote from: HawgWild on March 09, 2015, 05:48:35 pm
I've had no more sightings since I took the picture on February 5th. Come to think of it, I've not been bothered by raccoons or possums at the bird feeders for months and haven't had a rabbit sighting either. Maybe they've been coyote food and that'd be alright with me.

Well then, seeing how one female can have 6-9 pups per litter, you shouldn't be seeing any coons, possums or rabbits for a while. Carry on.

hogcard1964

I just shot a huge possum in my backyard last week with a compound bow and it took 4 shots.  They're very hard to kill.

HogScoutMaster

Heading to Memphis last week when there was still snow on the ground saw 2 from the highway playing in the snow.  It was an awesome site!  Sorry I am a nature lover
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on March 16, 2015, 12:57:29 pm

Heading to Memphis last week when there was still snow on the ground saw 2 from the highway playing in the snow.  It was an awesome site!  Sorry I am a nature lover

Lol.  They were probably playing...."mating"...since this is their season.  AGFC has verified, that there are breeding pairs of coyotes, inside the states borders.  ;D
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

vol_in_ar

HawgWild

No coyote sightings by me in a couple of months. I did see a red fox a couple of weeks ago but I'm OK with them being around. I started planting my garden recently. I'm wondering if this will bring the rabbits out? I've got to do something about the gray squirrels. They're taking over the place.

DeltaBoy

Put corn out for the Squirrels and wait till fall and have some good eating.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

HawgWild

They're having a big time at the bird feeder right now eating sunflower seeds. The final straw for me was when they ate all the Dogwood blossoms off the tree over the winter. It was covered and we were really looking forward to seeing it all blossomed out this spring but it's pretty much bare.

DeltaBoy

Feed them and they will stop eating other things.

EastexHawg

Quote from: twistitup on March 09, 2015, 10:01:11 am
Awesome...we have a pair of Gr Pyrenees, they will own anything that comes inside the fences

The people who sold us our house had one that lived outside and unfenced.  The neighbors said no one ever had to worry about foxes, coyotes, or bobcats while he was around.

For several months after we moved in it wasn't uncommon to come home and find him lying in the driveway.  Guess he preferred his old home to the new one a couple of miles away.  We would call and have them come to get their dog.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 21, 2015, 04:31:16 pm
The people who sold us our house had one that lived outside and unfenced.  The neighbors said no one ever had to worry about foxes, coyotes, or bobcats while he was around.

For several months after we moved in it wasn't uncommon to come home and find him lying in the driveway.  Guess he preferred his old home to the new one a couple of miles away.  We would call and have them come to get their dog.

Some Dogs and cats don't handle moving well.

HawgWild

Still no recent Coyote sighting but we have had a red fox come up 2 of the last 3 days on the patio. It tried to catch one of the gray squirrels today. Foxes are Good. Coyotes are Bad.

PorkRinds

I have an old friend that found a coyote pup, and against my better judgment made a pet out of her.  Turned out that she really was a good pet, and was super smart.  He lives in the country, so she roams a lot, but all the neighbors know her and won't shoot her because he put a hunter orange collar on her.  But she really is a good dog, and plays with his kids and what not.  She makes some REALLY strange noises though.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 27, 2015, 12:32:22 pm
I have an old friend that found a coyote pup, and against my better judgment made a pet out of her.  Turned out that she really was a good pet, and was super smart.  He lives in the country, so she roams a lot, but all the neighbors know her and won't shoot her because he put a hunter orange collar on her.  But she really is a good dog, and plays with his kids and what not.  She makes some REALLY strange noises though.

WOW