Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 25, 2013, 04:52:07 pm
Skins +5.5 / 2 units
Under 49 / 2 units

Two team parlay the same way 2 units

May want to add a couple of units. This one could be big. I may play Wash on ML. SF has NO passing game, and in the NFL, you can't be running all night. Besides I love home dogs on MNF.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Oliver

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 25, 2013, 06:33:18 pm
May want to add a couple of units. This one could be big. I may play Wash on ML. SF has NO passing game, and in the NFL, you can't be running all night. Besides I love home dogs on MNF.

SF's offense is complete crap.  But they have a pretty decent defense.  This is pretty much a must win for SF.  I think they win but I don't see how they cover the spread.  I'd play WAS too.

Hawgndaaz

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 25, 2013, 06:33:18 pm

I hear ya man, but it is what it is in my mind.  Lol
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Holy darn....

No reason it should be this big of a blowout. I may play against Washington for the rest of the season, they have quit on this year.

Bad thing is, I've added 2 in game lines. First was redskins +17.5, 2nd was 49'ers -20.5

WILL CLINTON

November 26, 2013, 06:14:02 pm #5806 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:24:59 pm by WILL CLINTON
Well, here we go again.

NIU -36.5  1*
over 59.5  1*

WMU +21.5  2*
under 56.5  2*

WMU +34.5  1*
under 65.5  1*

widespreadsooie

3-4 last week, losing big on the Hogs. Unfortunate there. Liking these this week:

LSU -24.5
Duke +6.5 (fishy, guessing a choke aspect with the ACC champ game on the line)
Vandy -14
GT +3.5
VT -13

Also took MIZ NC futures at +17000 last Friday at one unit.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 26, 2013, 06:14:02 pm
Well, here we go again.

NIU -36.5  1*
over 59.5  1*

WMU +21.5  2*
under 56.5  2*

WMU +34.5  1*
under 65.5  1*

This is a good example of why I love in-game betting. Turned an 0-2, down 2* night, into a 4-2, up 4* night.

DadVader1

Still waiting on a few systems to report for a complete picture, but so far, the sheets really like:

Toledo -7.5
Kan. St. -16
Bay -11.5

Next tier, they also like EC +3 and NM +36.5. 

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 26, 2013, 11:17:25 pm
Still waiting on a few systems to report for a complete picture, but so far, the sheets really like:

Toledo -7.5
Kan. St. -16
Bay -11.5

Love, Love, Love Baylor. That probably means they will be the "1" in your 8-1 record this week.

DadVader1

I got in a little more data, and the spreadsheets also like Fresno -7 and Clemson +5.  The trend with 51 picks hitting at 90.2% (46-5) likes Toledo -7.5, NM +36.5, Fresno -7, and Clemson +5.  In case I get busy with Thanksgiving & Black Friday stuff, here's what I've done so far:

5 units each on:
Toledo -7 (bought the hook)
Kan St. -16
Bay -11.5
NM +36.5
E Carolina +3
Fresno -6.5 (bought the hook).

Happy Thanksgiving & Good Luck!

WILL CLINTON

If you don't mind Vader, when you get the chance, break down a typical weekend of parlays that you play. Wouldn't mind getting in on some of that action.

DadVader1

November 27, 2013, 04:18:32 pm #5813 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:45:33 pm by DadVader1
I'm actually skipping parlays this weekend and just going with straight plays.  I usually just play some combination of 2-team parlays with my 3 or 5 favorite picks.  Last week, I changed things up a bit and paired pick 1 w/ picks 2, 3, 4 and paired pick 2 w/ picks 3 & 4, and paired pick 3 w/ picks 5 and 6.  Last week, I also took a flier on a few off the record parlays.  I thought I could hit at least 5 out of 6, so did 6 very small 5-team parlays.  I hit one of them so made 4x my money.  If friggin MTSU had not let S. Miss drive the length of the friggin field late in the 4th quarter and convert on a 4th and goal, I would have hit 6 out of 6 on those.  One play by one of the worst teams in Div 1, kept me from making more last weekend than I make from my day job.

I'm probably not the best person to give parlay advice, because I really haven't studied up on it.  I've done well this season mainly b/c my picks have been hitting at a high enough percentage to bail me out of mistakes I might have been making in putting together parlays. 

DadVader1

Nughaud, you mentioned playing some large parlays with open slots.  I just recently noticed the "open slots" option but wasn't sure how that worked.  Does that mean that, if you want to do something like a 7-game parlay spread out over several weeks that you can pick a game or two and leave 5 or 6 open slots to be filled in any time over the next several weeks of the season?  I'd love to know more about those for next season.  Also, on those, if you hit 5 or 6 in a row and want to cash out with minimal risk, does it kill the payout that you've already amassed if you play one-sided ML plays to close it out, like Bama to beat MS State?  Anyone who has played these, please don't hesitate to weigh in.  Thanks!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 26, 2013, 11:17:25 pm

Toledo -7.5
Kan. St. -16
Bay -11.5

Toledo was actually my first lean for the week but I removed it from the final list because that line is similar to the Duke one in that it's very fishy. This one seemed too fishy to hold on to. I'm adding it back to board now though since your sheets like it.

DadVader1

Keep in mind that my spreadsheets almost certainly don't even try to account for rivalry games.  I'm taking Toledo b/c the sheets REALLY like it and because the numbers otherwise support the play, but I honestly don't know whether Toledo (OH) vs. Akron (OH) introduces the type of rivalry factors that the spreadsheets would miss.  I'm a bit nervous about this weekend, but I'm running out of weekends, so I'm being a bit aggressive and not backing off ... other than passing on Clemson because of the rivalry nature of that game.  Good Luck!

Green Bay / Detroit over 49 / 3 units
Oakland / Dallas under 48.5 / 5 units
Steelers +3.5 ( bought the hook)  / two dimes
Let's make some waves.

McHogLovin

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 27, 2013, 05:28:14 pm
Nughaud, you mentioned playing some large parlays with open slots.  I just recently noticed the "open slots" option but wasn't sure how that worked.  Does that mean that, if you want to do something like a 7-game parlay spread out over several weeks that you can pick a game or two and leave 5 or 6 open slots to be filled in any time over the next several weeks of the season?  I'd love to know more about those for next season.  Also, on those, if you hit 5 or 6 in a row and want to cash out with minimal risk, does it kill the payout that you've already amassed if you play one-sided ML plays to close it out, like Bama to beat MS State?  Anyone who has played these, please don't hesitate to weigh in.  Thanks!

Good question on the parlays. I have also wondered the same thing.  I'm not sure what is goin on with those either.

Let's make some waves.

wholehog

Thanksgiving NFL favorites are 20-5 against the spread the last nine years.

McHogLovin

That just means the dogs are due baby!  Jeff ain't skeered.

ChicoHog

Love Mizzou -4.  They are a much better team than A&M and they are at home with SEC east motivation on the line.
Also love Baylor -11.5 and AZ +12.   that game always seems to be close and many times the underdog wins straight up. 

Quote from: McHogLovin on November 28, 2013, 01:18:37 pm
That just means the dogs are due baby!  Jeff ain't skeered.

Steelers Ravens are generally a 3 point game either way. So plus 3.5 I will take every time in this series.
Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 28, 2013, 12:24:23 am
Keep in mind that my spreadsheets almost certainly don't even try to account for rivalry games.  I'm taking Toledo b/c the sheets REALLY like it and because the numbers otherwise support the play, but I honestly don't know whether Toledo (OH) vs. Akron (OH) introduces the type of rivalry factors that the spreadsheets would miss.  I'm a bit nervous about this weekend, but I'm running out of weekends, so I'm being a bit aggressive and not backing off ... other than passing on Clemson because of the rivalry nature of that game.  Good Luck!

Even if Toledo/Akron is a rivalry, I'm unaware if so, I can't imagine a MAC rivalry making an impact on a cover near to the magnitude of your traditional rivalry games.

Two friggin garbage TD's in this Chokeland Cow Girl game have killed my under bet.
Let's make some waves.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 28, 2013, 10:52:20 am
Ole Piss -4 / dime play.

I like that play and I also like Texas Tech +5 at Texas. I know Tech has lost 4 in a row, but I thought the only one of those that didn't make sense was their loss to K-State that samwiched in between the loss to Oklahoma State and their loss to Baylor. Tech has had 12 days to prepare for Texas and they are playing for a better bowl in this game and being able to say that they beat Texas, which everyone likes to be able to say, especially in recruiting. Well, that's my logic anyway.
Go Hogs Go!

ChicoHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 28, 2013, 06:36:27 pm
I like that play and I also like Texas Tech +5 at Texas. I know Tech has lost 4 in a row, but I thought the only one of those that didn't make sense was their loss to K-State that samwiched in between the loss to Oklahoma State and their loss to Baylor. Tech has had 12 days to prepare for Texas and they are playing for a better bowl in this game and being able to say that they beat Texas, which everyone likes to be able to say, especially in recruiting. Well, that's my logic anyway.
Sorry Muskogee. Logic doesn't always work in gambling!

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 28, 2013, 11:01:01 pm
Sorry Muskogee. Logic doesn't always work in gambling!

Boy, you're telling me. That was a sucky way to open a weekend.
Go Hogs Go!

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 28, 2013, 11:03:22 pm
Thanks, JA. I was sweating that one, ha.

Lol no matter how a Steeler Raven game goes you can count on it being 3 points or less.  But definitely a sweat game.
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 29, 2013, 09:03:59 am

Lol no matter how a Steeler Raven game goes you can count on it being 3 points or less.  But definitely a sweat game.

let's talk about the ole miss helmet fumble in overtime to lose us all some money..

nevermind, I don't wanna talk about it :(

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 29, 2013, 09:52:39 am
let's talk about the ole miss helmet fumble in overtime to lose us all some money..

nevermind, I don't wanna talk about it :(

Lol I know I mean WTH!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Hawgndaaz

WILL CLINTON

November 29, 2013, 12:46:22 pm #5835 Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:06:50 pm by WILL CLINTON
Woke up late this morning, but getting on it.

Miami pick'em  1*
Bowling Green  2*
Ohio  2*
Miami v Pitt u56  1*
2h ECU v Marshall o34  1*
Fresno v San Jose St o73  1*
San Jose St +11  1*
FAU -28.5  2*

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 29, 2013, 11:56:28 am
Arkansas up to +28 :(

we suck

I doubt LSU beats us by 28 unless the team just lays down, and I don't think that is going to happen this week at all. At least, I hope they don't.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 29, 2013, 10:05:20 am
I bet Wallace has a fun weekend in ole miss.

It can't be the fault of the QB, it has to all be the fault of the coaching staff. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

Hogs / LSU under 55 / 5 units
Wash St +17 / 5 units
Fresno St -10 / 5 units
Let's make some waves.

Blutoblutarsky

Took LSU -28 for 200$. Way too easy. Took LSU Bball last night for 2 as well

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 29, 2013, 01:01:58 pm
Hogs / LSU under 55 / 5 units
Wash St +17 / 5 units
Fresno St -10 / 5 units

Just got the Hogs +31.5, and u58.5.

I like the Wash St pick, but we are on opposite sides of the Fresno v SJSt game.

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 29, 2013, 01:51:38 pm
Just got the Hogs +31.5, and u58.5.

I like the Wash St pick, but we are on opposite sides of the Fresno v SJSt game.

Gotcha.  Who really knows on that Fresno game, but they are playing for a possible bcs berth.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 29, 2013, 01:56:21 pm
Gotcha.  Who really knows on that Fresno game, but they are playing for a possible bcs berth.

I have no insight on that game at all (fresno). To be honest, if I had seen your bets before I played it, I would've thought about it more. I was tailing a couple of folks.

Also:

Ar v LSU u60.5  1*

Well my under on the Arky LSU game is gonna make me look like a retard.  Hogs got their 1 TD which I thought they would get for the game, but LSU can score as much as they want today.  Hopefully they just run clock. 

Lol what a joke.  My bad.
Let's make some waves.

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Big play Oregon -23. O state has looked terrible lately.

WILL CLINTON

November 29, 2013, 02:51:51 pm #5846 Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:32:04 pm by WILL CLINTON
Added

Ar v LSU u67.5  1*

stay with it man. We all know the scoring is going to go in the tank in the 2nd half.

Miami -14.5  1*
2h AR +14  1*

Blutoblutarsky

WILL CLINTON

Easiest money of the day was the over in Fresno v SJSt, covered in the 2nd quarter.

Just added Miami -13.5  1*

If Arkansas can just play keep away and maybe get a FG, all the unders hit.

Times like this I love Bielema ball...if we can just get a 1st down or 2.

Blutoblutarsky