Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So...why does Bama have a 99% chance to get in?

Started by checkraiser88, March 08, 2018, 11:53:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

That's what ESPN is saying. So they can lay an egg tomorrow and be just fine? They would only be 3 games above .500 with a loss tomorrow. I'm confused?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 08, 2018, 11:53:30 pm
That's what ESPN is saying. So they can lay an egg tomorrow and be just fine? They would only be 3 games above .500 with a loss tomorrow. I'm confused?

They had a pretty good ooc record and with Sexton they have been a medi sweetheart

Best I could tell you
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

lynbug

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 09, 2018, 12:03:11 am
They had a pretty good ooc record and with Sexton they have been a medi sweetheart

Best I could tell you
Best way to describe it.  Kinda like Trae Young at Okie.  The PTB are gonna do everything they can to make sure that those two are in the NCAAT.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up the same bracket.

cityhog

I'm still trying to figure out how TAMU is a a lock

hogsanity

Why does it matter? If anything it helps the Hogs maybe get a 6 seed because it is another tourney team they beat, on the road even.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

niels_boar

The SEC was much stronger this season on the computer.  It just makes it a lot easier to get in the tourney with lesser results.  Quite frankly for a tourney-quality team it is easier to win 19 or 20 in a tough conference than have to win 24 or 25 in a lesser conference unless you can physically overwhelm most of the opposition like Gonzaga.  Bad losses on the road are almost inevitable in that scenario.  The ratio of opportunities to stump your toe to get quality wins is high.  The rankings also exaggerate the actual difference in quality of opponents.  I'm guessing that out 2014 team would have made it to the NCAA with this schedule.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: lynbug on March 09, 2018, 09:01:51 am
Best way to describe it.  Kinda like Trae Young at Okie.  The PTB are gonna do everything they can to make sure that those two are in the NCAAT.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up the same bracket.

I'm afraid they'll match them up in a first four and I don't think either one should get in. Oklahoma makes no sense to me. I thought Ok St won what was basically a play in game.

The_Iceman

Alabama paid big money to get Sexton so they will do everything they can to get them in the tournament.

steveaustin69

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2018, 01:00:00 pm
Alabama paid big money to get Sexton so they will do everything they can to get them in the tournament.

Who will? Alabama? Yeah, I'd say they'll do everything they can to get themselves in the tourney.

The_Iceman

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 01:18:15 pm
Who will? Alabama? Yeah, I'd say they'll do everything they can to get themselves in the tourney.

The media. The Selection Committee. CBS/Turner.

jst01

Watching this Bama game. These refs are letting both teams make a lot of contact. Hogs could play some serious D if they got this kind of officiating

rhames

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2018, 01:22:30 pm

Why would they care? This isn't football.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

steveaustin69

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 09, 2018, 01:22:30 pm

Does Alabama basketball have this big national pull that's gonna generate heaps of cash for those mentioned or am I missing something?

rljjr

I don't know what they have, but they were down 10 at the break and have outscored Auburn 30-5 to start the second half. Auburn didn't score a FG for 10:15 of the second half.

bigred223

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 01:25:36 pm
Does Alabama basketball have this big national pull that's gonna generate heaps of cash for those mentioned or am I missing something?

You're always missing something. Colin Sexton brings eyeballs to TV screens. Same with Trae Young.

jst01

Well you can bet if Bama wins this one they will be talking about a 8/9 seed.

#1 STUNNA

Bama might have the second most athletic team in the SEC behind Kentucky.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Might as well bump them to 110%. Bama putting on a show in the 2nd half. This one is over.

rhames

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 09, 2018, 01:42:32 pm
You're always missing something. Colin Sexton brings eyeballs to TV screens. Same with Trae Young.

Casual viewers who only tune in for March couldn't tell you who Colin Sexton is.  And casual viewers are the ones who bring the ratings.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rljjr

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 09, 2018, 01:45:16 pm
Might as well bump them to 110%. Bama putting on a show in the 2nd half. This one is over.

No doubt. At the under 4 timeout in the second half it's Alabama 44, Auburn 13 to take a commanding 21 point lead.

steveaustin69

Quote from: rhames on March 09, 2018, 01:45:27 pm
Casual viewers who only tune in for March couldn't tell you who Colin Sexton is.  And casual viewers are the ones who bring the ratings.

Can't be true. JoeyJack said so.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: rhames on March 09, 2018, 01:45:27 pm

I disagree. The big markets follow the NBA closer than the NCAA regular season. He s a top 10 maybe top 5 pick. In the early rounds casual viewers look for the most exciting games. He is a one man highlight reel. The PTB absolutely want him and Trae Young in. To suggest otherwise is just silly..

rhames

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 09, 2018, 01:56:12 pm
I disagree. The big markets follow the NBA closer than the NCAA regular season. He s a top 10 maybe top 5 pick. In the early rounds casual viewers look for the most exciting games. He is a one man highlight reel. The PTB absolutely want him and Trae Young in. To suggest otherwise is just silly..

Whatever you say man............

Casual viewers =/= "big markets who follow NBA"

hogsanity

Most people follow the ncaat because of their brackets, not because of individual players on a team that gets in 3 or 4 games above .500. My wife will watch the tourney because of the brackets, when she has not watched 10 mins of college ball all year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rhames

Quote from: hogsanity on March 09, 2018, 02:01:52 pm
Most people follow the ncaat because of their brackets, not because of individual players on a team that gets in 3 or 4 games above .500. My wife will watch the tourney because of the brackets, when she has not watched 10 mins of college ball all year.

Yep

steveaustin69

I'll give you Trae Young; ESPN has covered him like he's Steph Curry or Lebron.

Sexton is not the same. Until a few weeks ago I'd wager most casual viewers had no idea who DeAndre Ayton is; I'd still bet most don't.

steveaustin69

Quote from: rhames on March 09, 2018, 01:57:07 pm

Whatever you say man............

Casual viewers =/= "big markets who follow NBA"

Anecdotal, but live in a "big market who follows the NBA".  Just asked the guy I'm working with (who talks about the tournament every day) if he knew who Sexton is. He did not.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: hogsanity on March 09, 2018, 02:01:52 pm

Most brackets are bunk by 6 p.m. on Thursday. Lots of people that follow the professional game or other sports more closely will watch the NCAA tournament. Players like Trae Young and Colin Sexton create excitement. Casual sports fans that haven't watched 10 mins of college basketball all year watch Sportscenter.  If you watch Sportscenter you know who Colin Sexton and Trae Young are.  I've never watched a hockey game from beginning to end in my life but I can name the top 5 or 6 players.  It's amazing in the world we live that you all think the NCAA or TBS doesn't care who is playing in the tournament. Talk about being naive.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 02:09:31 pm
Anecdotal, but live in a "big market who follows the NBA".  Just asked the guy I'm working with (who talks about the tournament every day) if he knew who Sexton is. He did not.

For a guy that thrives on stats that's the most pathetic response, I've seen.  I'm sure that's verifiable Lol.

steveaustin69

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 09, 2018, 02:18:39 pm
Most brackets are bunk by 6 p.m. on Thursday. Lots of people that follow the professional game or other sports more closely will watch the NCAA tournament. Players like Trae Young and Colin Sexton create excitement. Casual sports fans that haven't watched 10 mins of college basketball all year watch Sportscenter.  If you watch Sportscenter you know who Colin Sexton and Trae Young are.  I've never watched a hockey game from beginning to end in my life but I can name the top 5 or 6 players.  It's amazing in the world we live that you all think the NCAA or TBS doesn't care who is playing in the tournament. Talk about being naive.

Lol at bold. This isn't 2007.

In the NHL the top players don't change EVERY year; Crosby and Ovy were at the top for a decade. Who's the best Russian player in the league? He's a top 5 player in the league; I'd imagine you know.

steveaustin69

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 09, 2018, 02:22:08 pm
For a guy that thrives on stats that's the most pathetic response, I've seen.  I'm sure that's verifiable Lol.

That's why I noted it was anecdotal (did you ever figure out what that word means?); it's not something to make an assessment on. Did you not notice that? Or that I said "but"?

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 02:23:54 pm
That's why I noted it was anecdotal (did you ever figure out what that word means?); it's not something to make an assessment on. Did you not notice that? Or that I said "but"?

Why would I not know what anecdotal means?  It was pointless to add that to the discussion.  It may or may not be true.  You could just as easily made it up.  It added nothing to the conversation.

steveaustin69

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 09, 2018, 02:27:04 pm
Why would I not know what anecdotal means?  It was pointless to add that to the discussion.  It may or may not be true.  You could just as easily made it up.  It added nothing to the conversation.

Why did you add where you sit at BWA the other day? It added nothing to the conversation.

Did Hogsanity just make his wife up?

Your post has since been deleted because you tried to get personal, which, shockingly, you're trying to do again, but it went along the lines of : "You demand anecdotal evidence from anyone that shares their personal recollection."

As those are the same thing and the exact opposite of what I requested that would indicate to me you do not know what that word means.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 02:22:36 pm
Lol at bold. This isn't 2007.

In the NHL the top players don't change EVERY year; Crosby and Ovy were at the top for a decade. Who's the best Russian player in the league? He's a top 5 player in the league; I'd imagine you know.

Yeah they'll be very little coverage of the tournament teams and players to watch leading up to the tournament next week.  You'll need a Tor browser to get any information.  If you think the NCAA/TBS would just as soon have Middle Tennesse St in the NCAA tournament as Colin Sexton you're off your rocker.

steveaustin69

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 09, 2018, 02:33:54 pm
Yeah they'll be very little coverage of the tournament teams and players to watch leading up to the tournament next week.  You'll need a Tor browser to get any information.  If you think the NCAA/TBS would just as soon have Middle Tennesse St in the NCAA tournament as Colin Sexton you're off your rocker.

It's Evgeni Malkin; I'll assume you didn't know because you didn't say anything.

No one said bold.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 02:33:18 pm
Why did you add where you sit at BWA the other day? It added nothing to the conversation.

Did Hogsanity just make his wife up?

Your post has since been deleted because you tried to get personal, which, shockingly, you're trying to do again, but it went along the lines of : "You demand anecdotal evidence from anyone that shares their personal recollection."

As those are the same thing and the exact opposite of what I requested that would indicate to me you do not know what that word means.

Did you not say something to the effect of "unless your seats are close to the action you can see more on TV?"  It was absolutely relevant. 

I don't know if he did or not.  It was a more relevant example than citing your imaginary friend. 

I think you are getting me confused with someone else you troll.  How have I made anything personal?  For a guy that poses as a Razorback fan and trolls anyone that is content with Mike Anderson you sure are quick to play the victim.  I have better things to do man.  Good luck with your quest to get Mike Anderson fired on an anonymous message board.  You seem to be making a lot of progress.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 02:36:02 pm
It's Evgeni Malkin; I'll assume you didn't know because you didn't say anything.

No one said bold.

Lol the whole discussion surrounds the PTB doing what they can to get Alabama in the tournament, which includes Colin Sexton. Have a good day man.  I'm watching the SEC tournament. You're a troll in every thread.  Trolling is against board rules.  Not really sure why you get to stay around but you do you.

steveaustin69

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 09, 2018, 02:45:08 pm
Did you not say something to the effect of "unless your seats are close to the action you can see more on TV?"  It was absolutely relevant. 

I don't know if he did or not.  It was a more relevant example than citing your imaginary friend. 

I think you are getting me confused with someone else you troll.  How have I made anything personal?  For a guy that poses as a Razorback fan and trolls anyone that is content with Mike Anderson you sure are quick to play the victim.  I have better things to do man.  Good luck with your quest to get Mike Anderson fired on an anonymous message board.  You seem to be making a lot of progress.

Yes, I did. Because you unnecessarily threw in you attended every game like that meant a lick.

Nope. I remember perfectly. In the same few posts you insinuated Mike doesn't get calls because of the color of his skin and that the SEC hates us.  Second one is an actual quote.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 02:52:24 pm
Yes, I did. Because you unnecessarily threw in you attended every game like that meant a lick.

Nope. I remember perfectly. In the same few posts you insinuated Mike doesn't get calls because of the color of his skin and that the SEC hates us.  Second one is an actual quote.

It was necessary because we were discussing where referees are on the court and making calls out of position.

I'm sure you do.  I never insinuated anything about the color of Mike Anderson's skin.   That is Klubhouse Konnected.  He was warned about it this morning.  I do think the SEC hates us.  There is a lot of proof to support that.

Look I've turned this over to the PTB.  They can choose to handle it how they feel.  If you like to discuss something face to face feel free to PM me otherwise find something else to do.