Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did DT do? Does he have to leave campus/school as well?

Started by mj4president, March 05, 2018, 10:15:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 06, 2018, 01:17:07 pm
None of the things listed have ever helped a person.... Well I guess Wendy's has is the person was hungry or just smoked.

that 1 dollar double stack has helped me before =)

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 01:16:35 pm
but you are acting like i am making a reach when i say that drug reps push drugs and one or some of those drugs are opioids that have been a problem for a while.

Drug dealers aren't making these things on the street so where are they coming from?

you are talking like the medical industry is all above board and would never do such a thing....

I am saying that there is a dark dark side to that industry one that you either choose to ignore or refuse to acknowledge.

*pharmaceutical industry
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

311Hog

Quote from: 99toLife on March 06, 2018, 01:13:47 pm
A friend of mine turns 60 this year in July. He lives in NWA, he would love if Arkansas turned into Colorado.

yeah we (wife and i ) campaigned for the bill well for the bill that got unceremoniously removed from the ballot during the election but i digress....

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 01:16:35 pm
but you are acting like i am making a reach when i say that drug reps push drugs and one or some of those drugs are opioids that have been a problem for a while.

Drug dealers aren't making these things on the street so where are they coming from?

you are talking like the medical industry is all above board and would never do such a thing....

I am saying that there is a dark dark side to that industry one that you either choose to ignore or refuse to acknowledge.

I deal with junkies first hand man.

Medical marijuana isn't going to magically fix anything. Remember, at one time people held false beliefs that opioids were the key to everything pain wise. And the opioid pill is derived from opium poppy plants. So....there goes your "all natural argument".

Personally I'm for banning all opioids.

AirWarren

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 06, 2018, 01:17:07 pm
None of the things listed have ever helped a person.... Well I guess Wendy's has is the person was hungry or just smoked.

People for decades thought medica opioid use would "help people".

Marijuana will turn into the same thing.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: AP85 on March 06, 2018, 01:21:58 pm

Controlled usage is the key. All things can be bad in excess.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

AirWarren

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 06, 2018, 01:23:33 pm
Controlled usage is the key. All things can be bad in excess.

Opioids also started out as "controlled usage".

Only designed to "help the certain few".

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on March 06, 2018, 01:20:45 pm
I deal with junkies first hand man.

Medical marijuana isn't going to magically fix anything. Remember, at one time people held false beliefs that opioids were the key to everything pain wise. And the opioid pill is derived from opium poppy plants. So....there goes your "all natural argument".

Well it is hard to know the future. 

I am glad you work with them, not all are lost causes i was once one.

I personally don't see it as a "magic" fix hell it is possible that it won't work for my wife or that it won't last even if it does but i feel like we have the right to find that out. 

All i know is at this moment in time the "game" around marijuana is wrong in pretty much all aspects. and it is IMHO killing our country in a big way.

People also use to put cocaine in soft drinks, hell in some circles people believe that the Vietnam war and to some extent the Afgan war is all for the poppy plant for the "spice to flow" everyone focused on oil it is the poppy that is the real cash crop.

I have done heroin and oxycontin they are exactly the same.

99toLife

Wow comparing Weed to Herion and Oxy usage.  That's a stretch. 

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on March 06, 2018, 01:26:27 pm
Well it is hard to know the future. 

I am glad you work with them, not all are lost causes i was once one.

I personally don't see it as a "magic" fix hell it is possible that it won't work for my wife or that it won't last even if it does but i feel like we have the right to find that out. 

All i know is at this moment in time the "game" around marijuana is wrong in pretty much all aspects. and it is IMHO killing our country in a big way.

People also use to put cocaine in soft drinks, hell in some circles people believe that the Vietnam war and to some extent the Afgan war is all for the poppy plant for the "spice to flow" everyone focused on oil it is the poppy that is the real cash crop.

I have done heroin and oxycontin they are exactly the same.

You know why they are the same?

They are derived from the same opium poppy plant. A "natural plant" that there is no way that can be harmful.

AirWarren

Quote from: 99toLife on March 06, 2018, 01:28:54 pm
Wow comparing Weed to Herion and Oxy usage.  That's a stretch.

No one thought opiate poppy seeds could be used to make heroin, no?

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on March 06, 2018, 01:29:49 pm
You know why they are the same?

They are derived from the same opium poppy plant. A "natural plant" that there is no way that can be harmful.

i know that i mean do you have first hand knowledge of their effects? IE have you ever taken them? i have, i am saying that the "highs" are almost identical.

You can clearly see how someone who started getting prescribed Oxycontin, would then transition to Heroin when the script ran out.

One is legal one is not.

bigred223

Quote from: AP85 on March 06, 2018, 09:27:32 am
Weed is going to improve the lifestyle of so many one of these days.

Fat. Lazy. Hungry. Impotent. Zero drive.

What a load of crap.

bigred223

Quote from: AP85 on March 06, 2018, 12:27:02 pm
So if I have a "personal amount" of marijuana, smoked it before I come and run your IV antibiotics. Then run the rate too high which causes your arm to nearly rot off....you would be cool with that?

I mean it's just a personal amount haha. No harm.

Another stupid post. Try again.

bigred223

Quote from: 99toLife on March 06, 2018, 12:39:12 pm
Never had a Doctor write me a script for Budweiser and insurance pay for it. That would be awesome.  ;)

Because it doesn't have any medical use.

PonderinHog

jswineberiaskirk

I love the debate between 311 and AP85. I was born in '61 and grew up watching the Vietnam War and the hippies getting stoned protesting it every night on the news. I will share a few thoughts.

Can't say I've never smoked but can count on one hand the number of times it happened. Played the best tennis of my life one of those times. Drank a lot as a young lad but that phase ended pretty early as well. Never developed a need or dependency on any of it. Now I have a beer or mixed drink if I can get my butt out of the recliner (after throwing the 85 pound pittie sleeping in my lap out of my lap first). A six pack lasts me about six months usually.

I am ambivalent at best about legalizing pot the way Colorado has. Too AP85's point I don't need any more idiots out driving, performing surgery, whatever stoned than there already are whether it's due to weed, alcohol or anything else. I have too many friends who got started on pot first in the 70's who wasted their potential due to just wanting to stay stoned all the time. Couldn't give it up as apparently Mr. Thomas can't either. Yes I agree Mr. Alcohol can be just as big a problem. My Uncle Dale died in 77 at 48 because he was a two case a day of Schlitz and more than two pack of Pall Mall's man.

I also believe that since it's illegal now that should be enough reason to stay away from it. Now should we be having a debate about whether or not it should be illegal or at least classified differently? Absolutely. Is Big Pharma keeping it down? Well let's say I'm open to all conspiracy theories.

I do agree that there are medical benefits to the stuff and those should be pursued. I am not in favor of banning opioids. Like 311 I have a wife that is in constant agonizing pain due to horrible knees. Due to the heart medicine she is on that has kept her alive for the last four years, Tikosyn, she can't take any over the counter meds. No vitamin supplements. Some of her meds she was already on were for diabetes were dropped or changed. She is given the mildest dosage of hydrochodone for pain. She tries to get by without using it but most days she has to take one or two.

If I had to endure what she does each day I wouldn't function. I joked with her that if Arkansas passed the medicinal mj law she should sign up for that. However as I understand it that would mean giving up 2nd Amendment rights and we aren't prepared to do that. Not that have any of those things mind you.

99toLife

bigred223

No it won't, because they aren't the same thing. For one, you will not die from smoking/ingesting too much weed. Two, marijuana is not a physically addicting drug.

mbgrulz

What about the people who depend on opioids as a means for pain relief? Screw them I guess? You just got out of back surgery...take some advil and suck it up?

I can tell you first hand that there are some things that I couldn't have gotten through without opioids. When I was healed and it was time to quit, I did.

99toLife

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 06, 2018, 02:07:49 pm
What about the people who depend on opioids as a means for pain relief? Screw them I guess? You just got out of back surgery...take some advil and suck it up?

I can tell you first hand that there are some things that I couldn't have gotten through without opioids. When I was healed and it was time to quit, I did.

As I have. Crazy thing is when you have REAL pain, there is no high, it just muffles the pain.

zebradynasty

Well, I can say I wish I had a big share of one those companies that recently got approved to make/grow medical marijuana in Arkansas!

Cmon people...making this too hard! DT messed up he knew he was already treading on thin ice...MA backed him up at least once that we know of. The last thing he should be around is any type of illicit drugs. Heck all he had to do was wait another month or so and he can get stoned out of his mind! Poor self discipline, poor decisions feel for the kid and hope he's close enough to at least get his degree. His dismissal has nothing to do with whether weed is legal or not that has already been decided long before he ever became a razorback! DT was fully aware of this and HE made the decision to roll the dice and it caught up with him.

AirWarren

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 06, 2018, 02:07:49 pm

Yup. I have back issues. LIVE WITH IT DAILY.

Physical therapy. And occasional NSAID. Stretching. Weight loss.

AirWarren

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on March 06, 2018, 02:00:52 pm
I love the debate between 311 and AP85. I was born in '61 and grew up watching the Vietnam War and the hippies getting stoned protesting it every night on the news. I will share a few thoughts.

Can't say I've never smoked but can count on one hand the number of times it happened. Played the best tennis of my life one of those times. Drank a lot as a young lad but that phase ended pretty early as well. Never developed a need or dependency on any of it. Now I have a beer or mixed drink if I can get my butt out of the recliner (after throwing the 85 pound pittie sleeping in my lap out of my lap first). A six pack lasts me about six months usually.

I am ambivalent at best about legalizing pot the way Colorado has. Too AP85's point I don't need any more idiots out driving, performing surgery, whatever stoned than there already are whether it's due to weed, alcohol or anything else. I have too many friends who got started on pot first in the 70's who wasted their potential due to just wanting to stay stoned all the time. Couldn't give it up as apparently Mr. Thomas can't either. Yes I agree Mr. Alcohol can be just as big a problem. My Uncle Dale died in 77 at 48 because he was a two case a day of Schlitz and more than two pack of Pall Mall's man.

I also believe that since it's illegal now that should be enough reason to stay away from it. Now should we be having a debate about whether or not it should be illegal or at least classified differently? Absolutely. Is Big Pharma keeping it down? Well let's say I'm open to all conspiracy theories.

I do agree that there are medical benefits to the stuff and those should be pursued. I am not in favor of banning opioids. Like 311 I have a wife that is in constant agonizing pain due to horrible knees. Due to the heart medicine she is on that has kept her alive for the last four years, Tikosyn, she can't take any over the counter meds. No vitamin supplements. Some of her meds she was already on were for diabetes were dropped or changed. She is given the mildest dosage of hydrochodone for pain. She tries to get by without using it but most days she has to take one or two.

If I had to endure what she does each day I wouldn't function. I joked with her that if Arkansas passed the medicinal mj law she should sign up for that. However as I understand it that would mean giving up 2nd Amendment rights and we aren't prepared to do that. Not that have any of those things mind you.

I'm all about intelligent debate.

I like 311hog. But we don't match up with some ideals. Which is fine. It's not personal.

Tikosyn huh. God bless your wife.

Leadbelly

Quote from: AP85 on March 06, 2018, 09:27:32 am
Weed is going to improve the lifestyle of so many one of these days.

Fat. Lazy. Hungry. Impotent. Zero drive.

Lol! We are already there man! Look around. Personally, I say good riddance! Never a big fan! Of weed or Thomas! Oh man! I can't feel my legs!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Uberanubis

Quote from: AP85 on March 06, 2018, 12:27:02 pm
So if I have a "personal amount" of marijuana, smoked it before I come and run your IV antibiotics. Then run the rate too high which causes your arm to nearly rot off....you would be cool with that?

I mean it's just a personal amount haha. No harm.

do you drink on the job? no. dont be stupid.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

southarkhog06

311Hog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 07, 2018, 01:38:11 am
You do know that people born in 1985 are millenials right?

haha i was waiting for someone to post this.

mbgrulz

Quote from: AP85 on March 06, 2018, 03:46:11 pm
Yup. I have back issues. LIVE WITH IT DAILY.

Physical therapy. And occasional NSAID. Stretching. Weight loss.

Glad that works for YOU. Everybody's experience is different. That's why it'd be crazy to make a blanket law to ban things that genuinely help the majority of the people that it is intended for.

AirWarren

Triple T

2016 deaths from Opioid overdose: 42,000

2016 deaths from Marijuana overdose: 0

twistitup

Medical marijuana isn't going to magically fix anything.

Fix?

It will fix one thing - it will take away SOME of the power from big pharma.

The fix now is opiates.... well, med marijuana has proven itself better at controlling pain....fixed.

https://www.livescience.com/61700-can-marijuana-curb-opioid-epidemic.html
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

99toLife

Quote from: Triple T on March 07, 2018, 11:11:33 am
2016 deaths from Opioid overdose: 42,000

2016 deaths from Marijuana overdose: 0

Well there is that stat. At least it's close!  ;)

hog.goblin

Medical marijuana isn't going to magically fix anything.

So you have no experience with epilepsy.  I have some friends whose lives have literally been transformed by medical marijuana use for their teenage kids who used to battle epilepsy and now have it mostly under control.

tennesseehogwild

AWHAWG

Quote from: bigred223 on March 06, 2018, 01:44:59 pm
Because it doesn't have any medical use.
Back in the late 70's my grandmother who was in her 70' was told by her doctor to drink a short cold can of colt 45 each day for a type of reoccurring kidney infection. She live to be 99. I'm not saying she would not have lived as long without it.  Additionally  she seemed to enjoy cardinal baseball and the great grand kids better.

twistitup

Quote from: AWHAWG on March 08, 2018, 03:20:14 pm
Back in the late 70's my grandmother who was in her 70' was told by her doctor to drink a short cold can of colt 45 each day for a type of reoccurring kidney infection. She live to be 99. I'm not saying she would not have lived as long without it.  Additionally  she seemed to enjoy cardinal baseball and the great grand kids better.

I like her style....according to her philosophy - I might live to 99 too
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

bigred223

Quote from: AWHAWG on March 08, 2018, 03:20:14 pm

Haha, well that is certainly interesting.