Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I said before this A&M game that Chavis can't be worst than what we had.NOW

Started by forrest city joe, December 29, 2017, 04:34:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Man i got to tell you. this game scared the hell out of me.this was bad folks. i will give the man a chance if we is hired.but this A&M defense looked just like the Arkansas defense of the last 2 years. and they look that way even with Chavis having better talent than the hogs have.his teams runs the spread,but can not defend it. that is not good.it's up to coach Morris.but good lord we got to be able to play defense if we are going to win.A&M scored 52 points and lost.

LZH

checkraiser88

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 29, 2017, 04:34:18 pm
Man i got to tell you. this game scared the hell out of me.this was bad folks. i will give the man a chance if we is hired.but this A&M defense looked just like the Arkansas defense of the last 2 years. and they look that way even with Chavis having better talent than the hogs have.his teams runs the spread,but can not defend it. that is not good.it's up to coach Morris.but good lord we got to be able to play defense if we are going to win.A&M scored 52 points and lost.

Bro seriously, can you start capitalizing words after you use a period

010HogFan

Stop it!!! Have some perspective man. They have an interim head coach and half of them probably could care less about playing in the game. It wasn't nearly as "bad folks" as you try to make it seem. You're also severely discounting the Aggie factor.

rhog1

I agree. I will give him a chance if he is hired, But I strongly feel the game has passed Chavis by and he has steadily been getting worse as a DC. I really think this is a case  where we should be listening to the LSU and A&M fans when they tell us he isn't good.

ricepig

Quote from: rhog1 on December 29, 2017, 04:37:50 pm
I agree. I will give him a chance if he is hired, But I strongly feel the game has passed Chavis by and he has steadily been getting worse as a DC. I really think this is a case  where we should be listening to the LSU and A&M fans when they tell us he isn't good.

We aren't the ones doing the hire, Morris is.

Kevin

I asked in another thread, what defensive coordinator consistently stops the spread?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Razorpigg

Joe, I know what your sayin and I agree, but hopefully this is not indicative of how our defense will be.  So hard to gauge a team with a interim coach in a bowl game.  I know one thing for sure... his defense has been good enough to beat us the last 2 years. So theres that.... But yea that was hard to watch from both sides. Yuck.

wildturkey8

Quote from: Kevin on December 29, 2017, 04:40:18 pm
I asked in another thread, what defensive coordinator consistently stops the spread?
Willy Robinson was good against the spread. 

010HogFan

There isn't one. It's called the great equalizer for a reason. A little perspective is needed in these discussions, of which the masses of Hogville have little.

870hogfan

rhog1

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2017, 04:40:02 pm
We aren't the ones doing the hire, Morris is.
True. Which is why I said I would give him a chance if he is hired, but I don't have to be happy about it. lol

Coondog Hog

He'll be the most qualified and accredited assistant coach we have ever hired. Even with his A&M stint on his resume if you're looking for a DC and John Chavis is available you hire him every time.. even with his A&M stent on his resume if you're looking for a DC and John Chavis is available you hire him every time.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

kaiserhog

Quote from: Coondog Hog on December 29, 2017, 04:46:27 pm
He'll be the most qualified and accredited assistant coach we have ever hired. Even with his A&M stint on his resume if you're looking for a DC and John Chavis is available you hire him every time.. even with his A&M stent on his resume if you're looking for a DC and John Chavis is available you hire him every time.
A lot of people said the same thing about Bret Bielema, a lot of the same people saying this about Chavis.

elksnort

One who has better talent on defense.

010HogFan

Quote from: Coondog Hog on December 29, 2017, 04:46:27 pm

This should be self explanatory, but leave it to our dense *** fanbase to find a problem with everything under the sun. If he's available you have to hire him over an up and comer with no SEC experience.

forrest city joe

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 29, 2017, 04:36:01 pm
Bro seriously, can you start capitalizing words after you use a period
GO KICK ROCKS! is that capital enough for you?

010HogFan

Quote from: kaiserhog on December 29, 2017, 04:48:35 pm
A lot of people said the same thing about Bret Bielema, a lot of the same people saying this about Chavis.

How many years did Bielema coach in the SEC?

RaisinHog

None hell we even scored 30 something against bama last year .. maybe a change of scenery will give the chief a new spark.. I like it for nothing else the fact it's a big name hire we have never done that in my lifetime for a coordinator

Tusks

I hope he EARNS every penny he's paid.  If he does then the D will be fine.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

kaiserhog

Al Boarland

Quote from: rhog1 on December 29, 2017, 04:37:50 pmBut I strongly feel the game has passed Chavis by and he has steadily been getting worse as a DC.
More and more teams are using spread concepts. That's why you feel the way you feel. It's a perfectly legit concern and don't let anyone tell you differently.

HogCzar1

forrest city joe

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 29, 2017, 04:37:45 pm
Stop it!!! Have some perspective man. They have an interim head coach and half of them probably could care less about playing in the game. It wasn't nearly as "bad folks" as you try to make it seem. You're also severely discounting the Aggie factor.
One problem with that.A&M have been giving up a lot of points the last 2 years.i hope if it is Chavis,that he does great. but i am in wait and see mode now. before this game i did not think our defense could be as bad as it's been the last 2 years here with Chavis coming here.but good lord!

010HogFan

Quote from: kaiserhog on December 29, 2017, 04:52:46 pm
You missed the point.

What was your point? That a relatively new head coach with some success in another conference, working under a figurehead Athletic Director, is in any way comparable to one of the top defensive coordinators in college football history with 20 years of SEC experience on his own merit? I'm not seeing it.

cityhog

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 29, 2017, 04:37:45 pm

We've been 'the aggy' of late have we not?

010HogFan

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 29, 2017, 04:56:07 pm
One problem with that.A&M have been giving up a lot of points the last 2 years.i hope if it is Chavis,that he does great. but i am in wait and see mode now. before this game i did not think our defense could be as bad as it's been the last 2 years here with Chavis coming here.but good lord!

Bowl games are a crapshoot man...unless you're in the playoff who knows what level of preparation and focus you come with...I wouldn't read too much into it.

Jonbo

The way the game is played nowadays, completely unprecedented in terms of style and emphasis, it's impossible to know what metric to use to evaluate a defense, and thereby, a DC. 58-52 is the new 27-24... or something like that.

Jonbo

kaiserhog

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 29, 2017, 04:56:57 pm
What was your point? That a relatively new head coach with some success in another conference, working under a figurehead Athletic Director, is in any way comparable to one of the top defensive coordinators in college football history with 20 years of SEC experience on his own merit? I'm not seeing it.
Who is working under a figurehead Ad?  You've lost me. 

HogBreath

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 29, 2017, 04:49:11 pm
GO KICK ROCKS! is that capital enough for you?
Lol..plus one Joe...that's the way to set the grammar Nazi straight.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogBreath

Quote from: Jonbo on December 29, 2017, 05:00:32 pm
The way the game is played nowadays, completely unprecedented in terms of style and emphasis, it's impossible to know what metric to use to evaluate a defense, and thereby, a DC. 58-52 is the new 27-24... or something like that.
Exactly..seems obvious enough, but so many struggle to keep up.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

farmhawg

I see the mouth breathers are out in full force today.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

LZH

If Chavis had publicly said this morning "Arkansas is crap, I'd never consider coaching there" all of you weenies would be tearing him a new ass on here.

forrest city joe

If coach Morris hires him,i will be 100% behind it and give the man a chance.maybe things will be better under this man. i just want a good defense again.

010HogFan

Quote from: kaiserhog on December 29, 2017, 05:04:37 pm
Who is working under a figurehead Ad?  You've lost me. 

Barry Alvarez ring a bell? Anyone who thought Bielema had proven anything prior to coming here was just hoping for the best. Wisconsin hasn't missed a beat without him.

houstonoutgusin

To those who say A&M had nothing to play for, played poorly for an imterm coach, etc., please consider this - every player with the exception of seniors were basically starting to show what they can do for their new coach and starting their fight for position on the depth chart next year. For those that say A&M didn't play well due to an interm coach - I doubt the Chavis took many orders from the interm coach. Chavis had a lot to lose as this could be viewed as an audition for the Arkansas job. So, with the exception of the seniors everyone had a lot to lose.

RaisinHog

Quote from: houstonoutgusin on December 29, 2017, 05:21:18 pm
To those who say A&M had nothing to play for, played poorly for an imterm coach, etc., please consider this - every player with the exception of seniors were basically starting to show what they can do for their new coach and starting their fight for position on the depth chart next year. For those that say A&M didn't play well due to an interm coach - I doubt the Chavis took many orders from the interm coach. Chavis had a lot to lose as this could be viewed as an audition for the Arkansas job. So, with the exception of the seniors everyone had a lot to lose.

The OTR

We're doomed!  We're doomed and cursed forever! Don't you guys get that?

elksnort

Quote from: farmhawg on December 29, 2017, 05:07:09 pm
I see the mouth breathers are out in full force today.....
On a more interesting topic, your avatar is strong.

010HogFan

Quote from: houstonoutgusin on December 29, 2017, 05:21:18 pm

while that may all be true, it never works out too great when your staff is in a state of turmoil. people are reading waayyyy too much into it.

NuttinItUp

Sumlin didn't give Chief a chance to coach or do what he wanted. I think Morris will give him enough rope to do whatever he wants on D.

The real Hogules

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 29, 2017, 04:49:08 pm
This should be self explanatory, but leave it to our dense *** fanbase to find a problem with everything under the sun. If he's available you have to hire him over an up and comer with no SEC experience.

Yes, Chavis was available. Even with multiple SEC openings, no other program snatched him up. I guess we're just lucky.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HogPharmer

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 29, 2017, 05:37:46 pm
Yes, Chavis was available. Even with multiple SEC openings, no other program snatched him up. I guess we're just lucky.

Has Tennessee even hired a head coach yet? Gotta hire a HC before you can hire a DC.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

farmhawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 29, 2017, 05:37:46 pm
You had your five years of Bert, now man up and take it.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hoglady

Look across the bowl games and there's not many teams that played well with an interim coach and the rest of the staff out the door after the game. Then look at Washington St's last 2 games with Leach and Grinch shopping for other jobs - their defense played like dog.
Teams don't react very well to those situations.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogcards

Quote from: hoglady on December 29, 2017, 05:46:07 pm
Look across the bowl games and there's not many teams that played well with an interim coach and the rest of the staff out the door after the game. Then look at Washington St's last 2 games with Leach and Grinch shopping for other jobs - their defense played like dog.
Teams don't react very well to those situations.

Their defense has sucked all season.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona