Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite Seed Catalogue

Started by HawgWild, November 07, 2013, 02:10:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Looking ahead to next spring and planting in my expanded garden. What's your go to source for seeds?
Got a favorite food crop you raise, not counting tomatoes and/or peppers, those are a given.

TIA

SPAL

I don't garden but I come from a family who does. My parents grew some kind of Asian eggplant that they seemed to enjoy. You gotta have cucumbers. I usually eat my weight in them. Squash is a must grow for the summer cause it's so stinkin versatile.

My grandparents make a squash relish and it's my go to condiment for a bowl of beans and cornbread. Actually, I eat it on everything.

Purple hull peas, green beans, and some sweet corn oughta round it out.

Now if you are really talking big gardens, grow some red potatoes.

DeltaBoy

My folks get seeds from friends or family and they jus  gather and save them for next year or they get them at the AG store.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SPAL

My folks always liked burpless and burpless supreme cukes because of the high yield, but later on they started going with diva cucumbers and they were outstanding.