Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordon Granger Names Four

Started by poloprince, September 27, 2011, 06:07:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

poloprince

September 27, 2011, 06:07:33 pm Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:10:11 pm by poloprince
Teammate of BJ

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordon-Granger-117233

Florissant (Mo.) McCluer North power forward Jordon Granger has spent the last few months trying to narrow his list of favorites, and on Monday the 6-9, 190-pounder said four schools are still alive for his services.

Granger was on his way to the gym for a pick-up game when he told HawgSports.com which schools made the cut.

Granger talked about his four favorites on Monday
"Right now I've got it narrowed down to about four schools - Detroit, Auburn, Arkansas and Mizzou," Granger said. "I've got offers from all of them except Mizzou.

"I've been to Detroit, Mizzou, and I'm supposed to go down to Auburn on October 14. I haven't set my official for Arkansas yet but I will."

Arkansas' previous coaching staff offered Granger last year, well before Mike Anderson left Missouri to take over in Fayetteville. Granger said he's always had a great relationship with Anderson and that he looks forward to catching up with the Hogs' new head coach on his visit.

"Coach Anderson is a great guy," Granger said. "Obviously he left Mizzou and went down to Arkansas but he's still on my list. Hopefully I'll talk to him soon so I can see what's up with it.

"I want to go to a school for not only academics, but somewhere I can get along with the coaches, the team, where we all come together and somewhere I fit in perfectly with the program. I'm also looking for a nice-looking campus because I don't want to go somewhere that I don't want to be."

Granger said he's used the last several months to get bigger and continue working on his playing skills.

"Right now I'm 6-9, 190 pounds. I work out four days a week, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

"My biggest strengths are my ball-handling and my outside jump shot. I can get in off the dribble now. Defensively I'm a long shot blocker. I can do that."

Granger said a decision won't come until after he taken all of his visits to those in his top four, which means his plans to have it over with in November are still alive.

Arkansas has yet to receive its first commitment for the class of 2012.

$PoLoPrInCe$

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The Hogfather

I get the impression that this kid will be ours if we decide to go his direction.  Seems like kind of a back-up plan as of now. 

sickboy

He's not related to Danny Granger is he?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 27, 2011, 07:14:31 pm
I get the impression that this kid will be ours if we decide to go his direction.  Seems like kind of a back-up plan as of now. 

i hope he's a bak-up plan at this point....im kinda hoping for some of those bigger fish that are out there for us...this kids offer list is less than impressive

Spider-Pig

mmhogs17

I think he is the backup plan to Jacorey Williams.

The_Iceman

I've seen Granger play.

He is a backup option, but not someone you'd take over the other names on the board.

I imagine we have told him to wait before committing. Stokes, Williams, Ibeh are all better options right now.