Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why wasn't Jennings ejected

Started by southeasthog, November 18, 2014, 07:20:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

southeasthog

for inappropriate contact with an official? Jerry Franklin got ejected in 2009 for accidentally bumping the Ref. Jennings intentionally knocks his hand away.

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

HOGINTENNESSEE

GolfNut57

Quote from: southeasthog on November 18, 2014, 07:20:46 pm
for inappropriate contact with an official? Jerry Franklin got ejected in 2009 for accidentally bumping the Ref. Jennings intentionally knocks his hand away.

More conspiracy.......more conspiracy......geez....you won the game 17-0. Move on instead of just looking for something to piss and moan about.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 18, 2014, 07:25:17 pm
Glad he wasn't

Yeah, Harris is going to be good, well, as good as a QB can be for Les.

MuskogeeHogFan

I remember seeing that as well. But it is over and doesn't matter at this point.
Go Hogs Go!

tophawg19

he should have been . but it was good for us that he didn't
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

regi

Glad he wasn't, he sucks. Shocked more kids don't do this. They are grown men, no need for the official to touch them, unless they are trying to break up a fight.

GolfNut57

Quote from: regi on November 18, 2014, 07:30:44 pm
Glad he wasn't, he sucks. Shocked more kids don't do this. They are grown men, no need for the official to touch them, unless they are trying to break up a fight.

That is my thinking. The ump initiated the contact by pushing Jennings first. But bottom line is the game is over. Time to move on to Ole Miss.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

southeasthog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 18, 2014, 07:26:02 pm
More conspiracy.......more conspiracy......geez....you won the game 17-0. Move on instead of just looking for something to piss and moan about.
Whatever. Shows the character LSU recruits compared to Beilema. You think one of our players would do that? And Jennings should have backed up when told. That is why the ref was pushing him.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 18, 2014, 07:35:29 pm
That is my thinking. The ump initiated the contact by pushing Jennings first. But bottom line is the game is over. Time to move on to Ole Miss.

Officials often do that when they are talking with another. No player has a right to be privy to the discussion between the Officials, QB or not. The fact that the Official was pressing him away from the conversation does not excuse his actions as a player. I saw it during the game and thought he should have been flagged for pressing back in return. That's a no-no.

That being said, as you said, it is over, move on.
Go Hogs Go!

The Boar War

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 18, 2014, 07:35:29 pm

Pushing?  He put his arm in between Jennings and the head ref.  No doubt Jennings was mouthing and had no business being there.

GolfNut57

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2014, 07:39:16 pm
Officials often do that when they are talking with another. No player has a right to be privy to the discussion between the Officials, QB or not. The fact that the Official was pressing him away from the conversation does not excuse his actions as a player. I saw it during the game and thought he should have been flagged for pressing back in return. That's a no-no.

That being said, as you said, it is over, move on.

I agree with your post. But it isn't like Jennings shoved the ump back. He merely brushed the umps hand off of him. No need to make a big issue out of it at this point.

GolfNut57

Quote from: The Boar War on November 18, 2014, 07:40:41 pm
Pushing?  He put his arm in between Jennings and the head ref.  No doubt Jennings was mouthing and had no business being there.

I don't disagree with that. Just saying that to make a issue with it here is pointless. Games over.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 18, 2014, 07:45:11 pm
I agree with your post. But it isn't like Jennings shoved the ump back. He merely brushed the umps hand off of him. No need to make a big issue out of it at this point.

Not making an issue out of it and it doen't matter at this point, I agree. But physical contact with any official where you are pushing back, is worthy of being flagged. Yet another missed call, just as the one where the LSU player took a shot at Skipper, but it wasn't called.
Go Hogs Go!

southeasthog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 18, 2014, 07:45:11 pm
Your right. But I was at the game and just watched the replay yesterday and this play stuck with me because of this plus they waved the chop block off and didn't flag LSU for tackling Braylon Mitchell.

It's over. Bring on the Black Bears!

Hawgzinbowlz

Legitimate question. A no call out of sympathy for the player getting his rear kicked in the cold.
It was warmer on the West side...wind or no wind.

" GO HOGS "

southeasthog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on November 18, 2014, 07:50:06 pm
Legitimate question. A no call out of sympathy for the player getting his rear kicked in the cold.
It was warmer on the West side...wind or no wind.

" GO HOGS "
That's because your section was on FIRE!

GolfNut57

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2014, 07:48:07 pm
Not making an issue out of it and it doen't matter at this point, I agree. But physical contact with any official where you are pushing back, is worthy of being flagged. Yet another missed call, just as the one where the LSU player took a shot at Skipper, but it wasn't called.

Just for the record, I was referring to the original post. Not accusing you of making a big deal out of it.

Ironhawg

Quote from: regi on November 18, 2014, 07:30:44 pm

Disagree.  What is the official supposed to do when he tells a player to step back and the player ignores him?  I guess he could just shrug his shoulders and walk away.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: southeasthog on November 18, 2014, 07:51:02 pm
That's because your section was on FIRE!

LOL
After reviewing the video, the official was simply trying to move a player out of the officials discussion space...if the player doesn't like it, eject him. Not every official will be as amenable.

" GO HOGS "

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 18, 2014, 08:04:51 pm
Disagree.  What is the official supposed to do when he tells a player to step back and the player ignores him?  I guess he could just shrug his shoulders and walk away.
Agree.  Watched a ref do the same thing to Peyton manning on Sunday.  Peyton moved back. He didn't slap the refs hands away.  Why has it become ok to disrespect the refs just because they are the refs? 

Everyday at work, I see young people that think they "deserve" respect because they are "men".  They are 18-20 years old and have no idea what being a man or earning respect means.  He needs to step back and shut his mouth. 
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Hoggish1

Hogsmo Kramer

Should have been flagged no doubt.

Yes it's over and a moot point but I saw that during the game and was shocked he didn't get at least a personal foul.

As a ref can't let that go.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

PigTales

November 19, 2014, 01:49:42 am #24 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:15:33 am by PigTales
 Curles was the ref who ejected Jerry Franklin in Ga game '09 and also same ref in Ark/Fl game '09. This crew also made a bad call in the Ga LSU game and was suspended.
Why this guy is EVER ALLOWED TO REF A RAZORBACK GAME IS BEYOND ME

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4583642

Prosciutto

If that  was Skipper pushing away the ref's hands, I am sure they would not have flagged him.

ricepig

Quote from: Prosciutto on November 19, 2014, 06:48:44 am
If that  was Skipper pushing away the ref's hands, I am sure they would not have flagged him.

Prosecuted him

GolfnHog

Granted it's a moot point now but go back and look at any game, HS, college or the pros and when the officials Huddle there is always an official there to back players away from the discussion.

Even when the Umpire extended his arm out, the player knows he's encroached the "space" and at the point he swatted at the umpires hand/arm, he should have been flagged.

I'm not about the "conspiracy" angle but I damn sure would like the consistency in the rules application applied.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

hogsanity

Approaching the refs while they are discussing a call should be a 15 yard penalty. I have never liked the refs touching a player 1st though, no reason to do that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BRHogfan

SamBuckhart

The ref was probably moving him away because he was running his mouth. Did it all game long. Glad he erped up the ball in the fourth qtr. Good for him.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

DeltaBoy

I'm glad he wasn't kicked out.  :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PORKULATOR

November 19, 2014, 04:39:44 pm #33 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 04:53:07 pm by PORKULATOR
Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 18, 2014, 07:26:02 pm
shut up. Its his piss, he came with it Hot and he delivered his message. Go play with your silly clubs.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.