Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WholeHogSports article on Running Backs

Started by jgphillips3, March 22, 2018, 06:04:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

Good little hype article about our line and RB's.

Maleek seems to really be coming on as a powerful load to tackle.  T.J. and Chase getting love from Froholdt and Ramsey.  Ramsey said "He reminds me of Ricky Williams," Ramsey said. "The physicality, he's real tough to tackle. You've got to bring it when you try to tackle Maleek."
When told of Ramsey likening Williams to the former Heisman Trophy winner, a smile came to his face."  Ramsey also compared T.J. and Chase to NFL runners and said we have a "Three Headed Monster" at Tailback.  I guess he forgot about Whaley because the article throws an obligatory reference to him immediately after.  I still find it odd how quite practice reports about Whaley seem to be.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/mar/21/running-backs-draw-high-praise-comparisons-spring/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=razorback%20email%203-22-18&utm_content=razorback%20email%203-22-18+CID_b6c942bd2f73a4852b7d62946adc1fc0&utm_source=Email%20Marketing%20Platform&utm_term=Running%20backs%20draw%20high%20praise%20comparisons%20this%20spring

Großer Kriegschwein

Whaley seemed to be the #1 coming into the spring. He has the same tendencies as Walker in that he is not difficult to tackle. I really hope I'm wrong.
This is my non-signature signature.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 22, 2018, 06:10:16 pm
Whaley seemed to be the #1 coming into the spring. He has the same tendencies as Walker in that he is not difficult to tackle. I really hope I'm wrong.

If he sheds some weight, he should be extremely versatile and dangerous in this offense.  He is the only back on this team that is close to a "complete" back but Maleek May be getting there.  I hope he has a breakout year but the younger guys are ripping off the flashy runs thus far.

presidenthog

Whaley runs very violently. He does his best to hurt defenders.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 22, 2018, 06:04:00 pm

Maleek seems to really be coming on as a powerful load to tackle.  T.J. and Chase getting love from Froholdt and Ramsey.  Ramsey said "He reminds me of Ricky Williams," Ramsey said. "The physicality, he's real tough to tackle. You've got to bring it when you try to tackle Maleek."
When told of Ramsey likening Williams to the former Heisman Trophy winner, a smile came to his face."  Ramsey also compared T.J. and Chase to NFL runners and said we have a "Three Headed Monster" at Tailback.  I guess he forgot about Whaley because the article throws an obligatory reference to him immediately after.  I still find it odd how quite practice reports about Whaley seem to be.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/mar/21/running-backs-draw-high-praise-comparisons-spring/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=razorback%20email%203-22-18&utm_content=razorback%20email%203-22-18+CID_b6c942bd2f73a4852b7d62946adc1fc0&utm_source=Email%20Marketing%20Platform&utm_term=Running%20backs%20draw%20high%20praise%20comparisons%20this%20spring

Competition is a good thing. Excellent competition is a very good thing. It pushes everyone to do better every single day if no one wants to be #2, let alone #3.
Go Hogs Go!

VirginiaHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 22, 2018, 06:04:00 pm

Even in Morris press conference he mentioned the other 3 and not Whaley. I found it odd.

DeltaBoy

Good to see them doing so well this spring.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.