NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread - 2018 Edition

Started by jbcarol, March 11, 2018, 10:10:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

NCAA First Four – Tuesday, March 13
Tip (EDT)    Network    Site    Game   
6:40 p.m.    truTV    Dayton I    (16) LIU Brooklyn vs. (16) Radford   

After conc. I  truTV    Dayton II    (11) St. Bonaventure vs. (11) UCLA
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Virginia Men's Basketball
‏Verified account @UVAMensHoops
54m54 minutes ago

ACC Sixth Man of the Year De'Andre Hunter to Miss NCAA Tournament with Broken Wrist http://wahoowa.net/2DpJxwG
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

NCAA March Madness
‏Verified account @marchmadness

Take a look what #MarchMadness looked like the year you were born...

You've got to see 1970: http://on.ncaa.com/2FHzZiQ

jbcarol

March Madness TV
‏Verified account @MarchMadnessTV

#MarchMadness is officially here! The ball tips tonight with the #FirstFour from Dayton, Ohio on @truTV at 6 p.m. ET - @LIUBasketball vs. @radfordMBB and @BonniesMBB vs. @UCLAMBB

jbcarol

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell

Report: Mizzou coach Cuonzo Martin reveals when forward Jordan Barnett could play

QuoteIt apeared as if the Tigers needed to prepare to be without his services for the entire NCAA Tournament. He was arrested last weekend for suspision of driving while intoxicated. Instead, they could get him back sooner than expected.

Mizzou coach Cuonzo Martin told a St. Louis area radio show host Tuesday that Barnett could be back if the Tigers beat Florida State.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops

Tourney draw presents unique challenge for Gators http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/03/tourney-draw-presents-unique-challenge-for-gators ... via @GatorSports.com

QuoteAs a six seed in the NCAA Tournament, Florida coach Mike White understands the advantages and disadvantages of facing the winner of the play-in game between 11 seeds St. Bonaventure and UCLA in Dayton on Tuesday night.

"I would rather know who we're playing and be able to spend three or four days prepping for that team," White said.

"There are also other ways to look at it, of course. These guys have to travel. There's another disadvantage (for us) in that they get to get their feet wet. We're going to play a team that's got a little momentum. That has an NCAA Tournament win already."

The Gators (20-12) found out their draw Sunday evening on the tarmac of Lambert Airport after a travel snafu forced them to stay in St. Louis an extra day. Opening in Dallas, as the six seed in the East Region, Florida is hopeful to wipe the slate clean again after a disappointing early exit in the SEC Tournament quarterfinal. UF's 80-72 loss to Arkansas snapped a three-game win streak.

jbcarol

Brandon Zimmerman
‏ @BZSEC
Mar 12

Four of seven SEC teams are favored to open the NCAA Tournament (Florida's opponent TBD)

Vols -13.5 vs. Wright St
Auburn -10.5 vs. Charleston
UK -6 vs. Davidson
A&M -3.5 vs. Providence
Mizzou even FSU
Bama +1.5 vs. Virginia Tech
Arkansas +1.5 vs. Butler

jbcarol

jbcarol

NCAA March Madness

BONNIES BOUNCE THE BRUINS!

Stockard goes for 26 to carry @BonniesMBB to a First Round matchup with the Gators! #MarchMadness

jbcarol

March Madness TV
10h10 hours ago

FINAL SCORE

@RadfordMBB: 71
LIU Brooklyn: 61

#FirstFour #MarchMadness

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway
‏ @gatorhoops
6h6 hours ago

So it will be Florida and St. Bonaventure in 6-11 game in Dallas on Thursday night (9:57 p.m. ET, TruTV). Rematch of Nov. 17, 2016 game, which Florida won 73-66 in Lakeland. Senior backcourt tandem of Jaylen Adams and Matt Mobley combined for 48 pts in last meeting v. #Gators

jbcarol

NCAA March Madness
28m28 minutes ago

Which players could bust your bracket?

Here's 11 to look out for 👀
👉http://on.ncaa.com/2FTpT1G

QuoteJoe Chealey, G, College of Charleston

Next game: Friday vs. Auburn at San Diego

Notable: Chealey scored 32 points as Charleston erased a 17-point, second-half deficit to beat Northeastern 83-76 in overtime in the Colonial Athletic Association championship game. The 6-4 senior has been named first-team all-CAA two straight years. He's averaging 18.5 points per game.

None from Butler

jbcarol

March Madness TV

#FirstFour action continues tonight on @truTV at 6 p.m. ET - @NCCU_MBB vs. @TSUMensHoops and @SunDevilHoops vs. @Cuse_MBB

ChicoHog

Looking forward to ASU/Syracuse tonight.  ASU has won 3 games in the last two months I believe?  Syracuse zone is fun to watch.  Should be a good game.

hoglady

Quote from: jbcarol on March 14, 2018, 06:06:52 pm
March Madness TV

#FirstFour action continues tonight on @truTV at 6 p.m. ET - @NCCU_MBB vs. @TSUMensHoops and @SunDevilHoops vs. @Cuse_MBB

Hope Arizona St stomps the crap out of Syracuse.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PossumFan

Losing Hunter is a big blow, but I'm still sticking with my pick of my Virginia Cavaliers to win it all. I trust Tony Bennett, the best coach in basketball, to make the right adjustments. And this just feels like the Wahoos' year, despite the recent bad news. Wahoowah!

ChicoHog

Quote from: PossumFan on March 14, 2018, 07:45:00 pm
Losing Hunter is a big blow, but I'm still sticking with my pick of my Virginia Cavaliers to win it all. I trust Tony Bennett, the best coach in basketball, to make the right adjustments. And this just feels like the Wahoos' year, despite the recent bad news. Wahoowah!
I think UVA  got a tough draw playing UK/AZ winner in round of 16.  Cavaliers have best team they have had for along time.  they could run the table.  I have a bitterness towards UVA ever since Rick Carlisle made that improbable shot to knock a very good Hog team out of the tournament in 1984.  Hard for me to forget that.  Bennett has done a great job there and they are much more athletic than most people think. 

PossumFan

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 14, 2018, 07:51:20 pm
I think UVA  got a tough draw playing UK/AZ winner in round of 16.  Cavaliers have best team they have had for along time.  they could run the table.  I have a bitterness towards UVA ever since Rick Carlisle made that improbable shot to knock a very good Hog team out of the tournament in 1984.  Hard for me to forget that.  Bennett has done a great job there and they are much more athletic than most people think.

You're right about the tough draw. A lot of U.Va. fans not real happy about it, but what can you do? I understand your feelings about '84, but this is a U.Va. team that is a joy to root for because they do everything the right way, on and off the court. Still love my Hogs too. WPS!

jbcarol

March Madness TV
8h8 hours ago

FINAL SCORE

@Cuse_MBB: 60
Arizona State: 56

#FirstFour #MarchMadness

jbcarol

NCAA March Madness
45m45 minutes ago

🚨 NEW TRADITION 🚨

This year, the bracket comes to life with each winning team stamping its place in the next round! #MarchMadness

👉 http://on.ncaa.com/2FJLR3D

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

March Madness TV
1h1 hour ago

Get your brackets ready, it's time for #MarchMadness!

16 action-packed first round games are coming your way on @TBSNetwork, @CBSSports, @tntdrama and @truTV

Cotton

NM
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

jbcarol

Wes Rucker
‏Verified account @wesrucker247
4h4 hours ago

Good morning from Dallas.

SEC champs. Dominated the SEC awards. No. 3 seed. Ranked for four months. And ... a Cinderella story?

Yes. These #Vols are a fantastic Cinderella story heading into the NCAA Tournament, and that shouldn't be forgotten: http://bit.ly/2HzkCcy

jbcarol

How to Find truTV (Vols Version)

QuoteAT&T Uverse: Channel 164, Channel 1164 (HD)
    DISH Network: Channel 204, Channel 9430 (HD)
    DIRECTV: Channel 246, Channel 246-1 (HD)
    SlingTV: Click HERE
    PlayStation VUE: Click HERE
    Time Warner Cable: Click HERE to search by zip code
    Comcast/XFinity Cable: Click HERE to search by zip code
    Charter Cable: Click HERE to search by zip code
    Cox Communications: Click HERE to search by zip code
    Bright House Networks: Click HERE to search by zip code
    Cablevision/Optimum: Click HERE to search by zip code
    Cable One: Click HERE to search by zip code
    Mediacom: Click HERE to search by zip code
    Suddenlink Communications: Click HERE to search by zip code
    WOW! cable: Click HERE to search by zip code

ONLINE STREAM: MarchMadness.com]

jbcarol

Sho Nuff

I've been working hard this morning so I could slack the rest of the day.  It's days like this that I'm glad I run my own business :)

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Wright St. and Vols have tipped off on truTV.  Small crowd in person.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker
45s45 seconds ago

#Vols 0-of-4 from the floor early.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Vols fail to block out like it was the SEC-T championship game

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

OU 26  URI 23  6:00

Good crowd in Pittsburgh compared to Dallas

jbcarol

Wes Rucker
59s60 seconds ago

#Vols 9, Wright State 6, 14:12/1stH.

Rough opening minutes for Tennessee, but now looking more like itself.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Wes Rucker
1m1 minute ago

Four of Tennessee's first 13 points in this NCAA Tournament came from Yves Pons and John Fulkerson.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol