Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Miss State game was very similar to all of the other SEC blowout losses

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 19, 2017, 01:37:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

The difference was not the Arkansas offense and was not the Arkansas defense. It was the careless, uninspired play of Miss State on offense and special teams.

1. Miss State's defense was scored against only once in drive that was longer than 36 yards. The other two scores were TD's due to mistakes by Miss St giving Arkansas a defensive TD and a short field to score.

2. Arkansas' offense was held to 221 yards: 97 rushing and 124 passing. Whaley had 21 yards on 12 rushes...1.8 yards per carry!

3. Arkansas' defense gave up 195 yards rushing with Miss St averaging 4.1 yards per rush attempt. They ran the ball 48 times. The State offense ran 71 plays on offense. Arkansas ran 52.

4. Arkansas was 3 of 11 on 3rd downs. Miss St was 8 of 17.

5. For the what feels like the hundredth time, a QB with legs got the Razorback defense. Fitzgerald had 22 rushes and gain 101 yards. Wow. He also threw for 153 yards and 2 TD's on 12 of 23 passing. So even though the Arkansas coaches know it is coming, they cannot figure out how to stop it.

But for 2 major mistakes by Miss St, this game would have been another easy win for State by 2 to 4 TD's, similar to the TCU game, with Arkansas' offense scoring 7 to 10 points and Miss St scoring 28 to 35.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

EastArkHog 47

Me too, don't know what the future will bring but it's not going to get better with Bielema.

Silver Hog

jgphillips3

We are literally at a point where ANY coach will make it better.  I just hope we choose wisely.

ShadowTheHedgehog

longpig

Quote from: EastArkHog 47 on November 19, 2017, 02:54:56 pm
Me too, don't know what the future will bring but it's not going to get better with Bielema.

Yeh, just don't see anyone saying "I miss Bert". 
Ever.
Don't be scared, be smart.

The real Hogules

Quote from: longpig on November 19, 2017, 03:49:25 pm
Yeh, just don't see anyone saying "I miss Bert". 
Ever.

Really? I would have thought similar where HDN was concerned, but here we are, with "a few" calling for Nutt as A.D.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 03:40:21 pm
We are literally at a point where ANY coach will make it better.  I just hope we choose wisely.

More than any other time in Razorback football program history, it faces a crossroads. One path leads to continued disaster and and utter hopelessness. The other, to total anonymity in the college football world. Let us pray the BOT and others in control have the wisdom to choose the correct path.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Donny2665

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 19, 2017, 03:53:43 pm
Really? I would have thought similar where HDN was concerned, but here we are, with "a few" calling for Nutt as A.D.
Those are the few left over huggers.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

dmaxfan

No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

emdavenp

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 21, 2017, 08:08:00 am
Those are the few left over huggers.

If/When a player gets arrested, I can easily see some folks saying "well this NEVER happened under CBB," even though it happens (Kelley, Beanum, others)

HF#1

Bottom line is, without the two gifts that State gave us, they beat us 28-7.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

MJ2

Yes, MSU didn't show up and still beat us by 7.   If they would have been inspired, who knows what happens.

hawg1221

TulsaHawg

If CBB leaves before January, look for it to be by resignation. UA would save a couple of million by waiting until January if they are going to fire him.

GuvHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 19, 2017, 01:37:06 pm
The difference was not the Arkansas offense and was not the Arkansas defense. It was the careless, uninspired play of Miss State on offense and special teams.

1. Miss State's defense was scored against only once in drive that was longer than 36 yards. The other two scores were TD's due to mistakes by Miss St giving Arkansas a defensive TD and a short field to score.

2. Arkansas' offense was held to 221 yards: 97 rushing and 124 passing. Whaley had 21 yards on 12 rushes...1.8 yards per carry!

3. Arkansas' defense gave up 195 yards rushing with Miss St averaging 4.1 yards per rush attempt. They ran the ball 48 times. The State offense ran 71 plays on offense. Arkansas ran 52.

4. Arkansas was 3 of 11 on 3rd downs. Miss St was 8 of 17.

5. For the what feels like the hundredth time, a QB with legs got the Razorback defense. Fitzgerald had 22 rushes and gain 101 yards. Wow. He also threw for 153 yards and 2 TD's on 12 of 23 passing. So even though the Arkansas coaches know it is coming, they cannot figure out how to stop it.

But for 2 major mistakes by Miss St, this game would have been another easy win for State by 2 to 4 TD's, similar to the TCU game, with Arkansas' offense scoring 7 to 10 points and Miss St scoring 28 to 35.

I actually thought the Hog defense played one of it's better games of the season. The offense still has problems. IMHO if Bret wants to go out on a winning note this Friday, he's going to have to start Kelley at QB. It was obvious last week that AA's shoulder is still bothering him.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: GuvHog on November 21, 2017, 09:59:59 am
I actually thought the Hog defense played one of it's better games of the season. The offense still has problems. IMHO if Bret wants to go out on a winning note this Friday, he's going to have to start Kelley at QB. It was obvious last week that AA's shoulder is still bothering him.
To say this about the defense when they give up 200 yards rushing, half of it to the QB, and let the opponent score 2 TD's in the 4th Q to come from behind to win, it's telling that this was one of the defense's better efforts of the year, in your opinion.