Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone know if we have any talent coming back?

Started by depressed_fan, November 19, 2017, 01:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

depressed_fan

I suppose the fandom answer is going to be of course. The next coach can step in and compete right away. But my guess is we offer a 3 or 4 year pass and blame it on Bielema's shiddy recruiting. CBB left the cupboard bare yadda yadda.

Do we reserve judgement until the middle of next year?
Do we tell ourselves there's talent there to compete, maybe win a few conference games next year?
Do we tell ourselves the cupboard is bare and new coach needs 5 years to build from the ground up?

jcul28

Personally, I believe there is talent on this team. Certain players appear that they would be better suited for a more "open" offense. I believe we need to stock up on lineman on both sides and get a dual threat QB. Not saying go to the read option but a QB that can make something happen if the play breaks down. Obviously we will have to add talent to the talent we have. All of this depends on who our next coach is. I'm not a fan of Gus but I can see guys like Hammonds and M. Williams breaking out next year. Along with an emergence of guys like Warren, Nance and J Red(if he returns). My main hope is we can get everyone healthy next year. We have some good football players with the right scheme.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs