Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give this a Read

Started by WilsonHog, September 19, 2017, 07:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: hobhog on September 19, 2017, 10:39:26 pm
When people said that about MA last year you went completely ballistic. Just sayin...

I've been calling these guys out as I see them.  There are more than 1 or 2 that were EXTREMELY protective of MA last year that have been calling for BB's head now and even end of last season. It's funny and shows their narrative and or agenda.

hobhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 19, 2017, 10:53:18 pm
I've been calling these guys out as I see them.  There are more than 1 or 2 that were EXTREMELY protective of MA last year that have been calling for BB's head now and even end of last season. It's funny and shows their narrative and or agenda.

It's just a matter of faith and support of a coach. I get it as have been down on several coaches before. Still pulling for coach B but he needs this next game bad....

onebadrubi

Quote from: hobhog on September 19, 2017, 10:56:43 pm
It's just a matter of faith and support of a coach. I get it as have been down on several coaches before. Still pulling for coach B but he needs this next game bad....

Yeah, he will see a lot of flack publicly if he loses this next weekend

ricepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 19, 2017, 10:21:08 pm
But these were two big games. In past, has the twofers been games like TCU and Auburn? Either way, it says the games are no longer selling out.

Yep, they had some SEC mini package a few years ago.

ricepig

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 19, 2017, 09:51:21 pm
I thought John Tyson was an SMU Alum.  I know he owns The Blessings, but is that for the Razorbacks or because he loves golf.  I honestly don't know, just asking.

He finished up at SMU, started in Fayetteville, went to USC, and ended up in Dallas.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: TebowHater on September 19, 2017, 09:21:50 pm
1. Long will unequivocally fire Bielema if it meant his job. We all know that it is his career above all. 

2. This article with no sources is highly suspect. As someone who inquired about a Loge box very recently, that line about their pricing is 100% false. They are the same price they have always been and are selling fast (shockingly, given our performance). Also does anyone have suite numbers? I thought most of them were sold.

This article is almost like those fake news clickbait articles on Facebook. I would love some real sources or at least some numbers.
I have to agree - "a forensic audit"? That is on the level of casting allegations of accounting fraud. As for the buyouts - appears to be the same old fan rhetoric whose benevolence is based on other people's money. Don't get me wrong - I believe Bielema's ship is taking on water but as for Long - just heavy seas at this point.

ricepig

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on September 20, 2017, 06:14:28 am
I have to agree - "a forensic audit"? That is on the level of casting allegations of accounting fraud. As for the buyouts - appears to be the same old fan rhetoric whose benevolence is based on other people's money. Don't get me wrong - I believe Bielema's ship is taking on water but as for Long - just heavy seas at this point.

The Legislative Council, or whatever they are called, audits the university every year, including the athletic department. The Foundation, since they are a charitable foundation, they file a 990 with the IRS every year, but good luck on getting an audit from them.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 19, 2017, 09:56:58 pm
The author names not a single source for any of his allegations. Not one. Biggest piece of trash I've read.

Sometimes sources are not revealed to protect their employment.. Just because you don't like the content, doesn't mean it isn't true.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Dirty

I have changed my mind.  As much as I love my Hogs, if what it takes is losses to get rid of CBB & Long.  Then make it so!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bondhue on September 19, 2017, 09:02:39 pm
Well, you could invite Jeffrey Epstein over with his friend Bill, then laissez le bon temps rouler.
dont forget his boy don. he never misses trips that have lolitas involved.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on September 19, 2017, 09:07:11 pm
Very true. Loses a lot of credibility there.

We always hear talk of "big money" paying off our buyouts, but this would be the 2nd biggest buyout in CFB history. I can't see us doing that, especially if we are having the money troubles the article implicates.
NYJMSU, dude! It's not even top 5. Bob Stoops, Jim Harbaugh, and Ferentz buyouts were/are 25 million, with Meyer and Jimbo topping 30 million. How about quit making up stuff just to fit your narrative. And speaks of credibility....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 20, 2017, 07:30:07 am
NYJMSU, dude! It's not even top 5. Bob Stoops, Jim Harbaugh, and Ferentz buyouts were/are 25 million, with Meyer and Jimbo topping 30 million. How about quit making up stuff just to fit your narrative. And speaks of credibility....
I didn't realize Stoops, Harbaugh, Ferentz, Meyer and Fisher got bought out. I thought Stoops retired and the other 4 are still coaching.

I said that if Beilema is paid a $15 million buyout, it would be the 2nd biggest ever. And guess what, that is 100% correct.

You aren't so good with the words.

Al Boarland

I've been thinking about the A&M game. What does it really mean? It will give some fans some hope, but in reality it will just mean CBB pulled out a win against a team with a coach on the way out. That helps, but gives no promise to what's going to happen the remainder of the season. In short, it's a bandaid on a gashing wound.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 20, 2017, 07:39:20 am
I've been thinking about the A&M game. What does it really mean? It will give some fans some hope, but in reality it will just mean CBB pulled out a win against a team with a coach on the way out. That helps, but gives no promise to what's going to happen the remainder of the season. In short, it's a bandaid on a gashing wound.

So then you have no right gripe and complain if the outcome isn't perfect.  It goes both ways

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on September 20, 2017, 07:38:21 am
I didn't realize Stoops, Harbaugh, Ferentz, Meyer and Fisher got bought out. I thought Stoops retired and the other 4 are still coaching.

I said that if Beilema is paid a $15 million buyout, it would be the 2nd biggest ever. And guess what, that is 100% correct.

You aren't so good with the words.
it was disingenuous to begin with. Whoever gets fired and bought out next will be the new record. You were trying to imply that BBs buyout is some giant figure greater than other coaches, when in fact it barely makes the top ten. the problem is, he is the only coach in the top ten with a 30% conference winning percentage. He should never have gotten a buyout clause greater than 1 year's salary when he's already been here 5 years and with a record like that.  But I get what you are sayin. I guess we wait for Sumlin lol. Otherwise, just fire Long for the ridiculous buyout.

anyway, I like you well enough and dont mean to imply the tone that this probably reads with. Im just getting tired of hearing this buyout misrepresented.    ::hornsdown::

grayhawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 20, 2017, 07:46:27 am
So then you have no right gripe and complain if the outcome isn't perfect.  It goes both ways
For those who gave up on CBB after Missouri and V Tech embarrassments it is ammo.

hobhog

Quote from: Dirty on September 20, 2017, 07:16:13 am
I have changed my mind.  As much as I love my Hogs, if what it takes is losses to get rid of CBB & Long.  Then make it so!

Your awesome. Hang an Aggies flag on your house.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 06:53:02 am
The Legislative Council, or whatever they are called, audits the university every year, including the athletic department. The Foundation, since they are a charitable foundation, they file a 990 with the IRS every year, but good luck on getting an audit from them.
Certainly they are subject to audit but why do you suppose the author purposely made reference to "forensic audit"?

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 20, 2017, 07:50:35 am
it was disingenuous to begin with. Whoever gets fired and bought out next will be the new record. You were trying to imply that BBs buyout is some giant figure greater than other coaches, when in fact it barely makes the top ten. the problem is, he is the only coach in the top ten with a 30% conference winning percentage. He should never have gotten a buyout clause greater than 1 year's salary when he's already been here 5 years and with a record like that.  But I get what you are sayin. I guess we wait for Sumlin lol. Otherwise, just fire Long for the ridiculous buyout.

anyway, I like you well enough and dont mean to imply the tone that this probably reads with. Im just getting tired of hearing this buyout misrepresented.    ::hornsdown::
If a school can't afford to pay the buyout, they should never agree to it. $15 million is awfully steep for us, and we should have never entered into a contract that requires us to pay that if we get in the situation we are, which is needing to make a change. It was a bad decision.

Something I haven't heard discussed in a while, was the buyout increased around the time of the Beilema to Nebraska rumors? Did Long give him the new buyout to keep him here?

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 20, 2017, 07:39:20 am

A win in Arlington means Bielema faces another must win in at Carolina in two weeks.  A win there gets him to another must win vs. Gus and then not dropping the ball against Mizzou.  He hasn't got a prayer in Tuscaloosa and only the slimmest of chances in Baton Rouge.  Mississippi State at home looks difficult as well.  Drop any of those must wins and he really might lose both this team and his program.

TCU showed most of the problems of the last four years are still there and I suspect its all wishful thinking but any hope for the future has to begin Saturday and go week to week from there.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 19, 2017, 09:54:36 pm
Lots of speculation in that article.  Some of it simply is a hatchet job.

Just enough truths in there to make it readable.   There is some hush around the foundation and I have heard one outside the state booster is ready to pony up a chunk of the buyout if the season stays south.

Not buying the heavy increase in ticket prices or difficulty with the loge boxes.  However, the "non-loge" seating is going slower than they'd hoped.

I'm just not buying that gloom and doom.  If he'd not stretched it out, it'd be more effective.

Haven't seen anything from Hodges in a few years.  Hatchet jobs are his thing. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

go hogues

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 19, 2017, 08:13:22 pm
Those of you that actually think that JL will keep BB if it means his job may well be surprised.
Psssh. Jeff Long has been building the Jeff Long brand to a scale of Alabama/Saban since the day he fired Petrino.

If he's really feeling the heat, he'll get out ahead of the mob and cash in the last five years of accolades at another P5 job.

I think Bielema will get out ahead of the storm as well.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Dominicanhog

September 20, 2017, 08:31:14 am #122 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:27:11 am by Dominicanhog
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 19, 2017, 08:58:44 pm
Petrino wasn't going to go along with a lot of punitive measures in order to stay at Arkansas. Later, he changed his mind, but too late.

Well, just a few hours of BP's indecision made the difference in our football program... damn Bobby why couldn't you just take the beating...  If JL had not had Bret's letter in his desk, he may well have answered BP's call when he called back to accept punishment....maybe the letter was after the firing.... it's all so foggy at this point..oh well.

EastexHawg

Quote from: jcbville on September 19, 2017, 08:46:36 pm
Exactly. Just red meat for the mob.

It's the mob's fault we are 12-28 in SEC play over the last five years, not the millionaires running the athletic department and the football program.  Damn mob.

You Fellers all worried about the PROOF Reading of the article.  Hey we got some real scholars on the football team he could hire.  Course he couldn't pay them direct but he could make a huge donation to the RF as we can always use the money.

Don't be shocked if Jeff Long isn't on thinner ice than BB.  Long, through his ignorance of football, hired a HC whose preferred offensive scheme will not produce wins for a team situated like Arkansas in the SEC conference.  Simply, and this really applied 5 years ago, you cannot out BAMA, BAMA.  Power football without the elite lines on both sides of the ball cannot be successful.  There was never, ever any evidence Arkansas could recruit those kinds of lines.  BB has proven to have a multitude of problems that Jeff might not could have known before the hire, but not understanding Arkansas football or enough about football in general to realize BBs system didn't stand a chance of producing wins in the SEC is and was on Jeff Long.

Now, project that to other things Long is responsible for.  I certainly do not know but maybe Jeff isn't the savior many believe when it comes to bringing in the huge cash necessary to operate the Big Red Machine.  Maybe he doesn't know beans about Construction and its actual costs.  Maybe he doesn't know and understand the fan who eventually will come spend money in the stadium.

I believe Jeff is correct when he says Arkansas is not a win at all costs program.  But nearly every fan has an idea of what Arkansas is capable of on the field over time and nearly every fan, some quicker than others, knows what we have isn't anywhere near that level and most realize that with BB, his way of doing things and his scheme, it never will be, in my opinion.

go hogues

Quote from: 12247 on September 20, 2017, 08:55:13 am
You Fellers all worried about the PROOF Reading of the article.  Hey we got some real scholars on the football team he could hire.  Course he couldn't pay them direct but he could make a huge donation to the RF as we can always use the money.

Don't be shocked if Jeff Long isn't on thinner ice than BB.  Long, through his ignorance of football, hired a HC whose preferred offensive scheme will not produce wins for a team situated like Arkansas in the SEC conference.  Simply, and this really applied 5 years ago, you cannot out BAMA, BAMA.  Power football without the elite lines on both sides of the ball cannot be successful.  There was never, ever any evidence Arkansas could recruit those kinds of lines.  BB has proven to have a multitude of problems that Jeff might not could have known before the hire, but not understanding Arkansas football or enough about football in general to realize BBs system didn't stand a chance of producing wins in the SEC is and was on Jeff Long.

Now, project that to other things Long is responsible for.  I certainly do not know but maybe Jeff isn't the savior many believe when it comes to bringing in the huge cash necessary to operate the Big Red Machine.  Maybe he doesn't know beans about Construction and its actual costs.  Maybe he doesn't know and understand the fan who eventually will come spend money in the stadium.

I believe Jeff is correct when he says Arkansas is not a win at all costs program.  But nearly every fan has an idea of what Arkansas is capable of on the field over time and nearly every fan, some quicker than others, knows what we have isn't anywhere near that level and most realize that with BB, his way of doing things and his scheme, it never will be, in my opinion.

Good post.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Steef

No.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: elksnort on September 19, 2017, 09:06:34 pm
Bielema needs to either win at the very least seven games or he needs to be gone then go get the guy from Memphis or Brom
Quote from: elksnort on September 19, 2017, 09:07:18 pm
Braum or Norvell

I don't think Bielema is going anywhere, but if/when a new coach ever comes to Arkansas I pray that it's someone that people can at least learn how to spell their name.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Dominicanhog

no way man...

EastexHawg

I can see how it becomes a quandary for many.  7-5 might keep Long and Bielema employed for at least a couple more years, while 5-7 might force both out.  What if forcing both of them out results in a truly outstanding coach coming in and doing something like Petrino did...getting us into a Sugar Bowl and turning us into a top ten, maybe top five team within the same amount of time it has taken for Bielema to spin his wheels and remain mired in mediocrity?  Are two more wins this year worth foregoing the potential for many more wins in the next 3-10 years?

Is it ever necessary to lose the battle in order to eventually win the war?  I do remember that when Nutt's last team beat LSU one of the thoughts that ran through my mind was, "I wonder if this means The Moron will get another five years."

It should never cross a fan's mind that losing a game might move the program forward in the long run.  Long has put us in this potential dilemma with the idiotic buyout and his apparent insistence on hanging onto Bielema through at least another year or two after this one, regardless of what happens on the field.

Hogdomer

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 20, 2017, 09:08:18 am
I don't think Bielema is going anywhere, but if/when a new coach ever comes to Arkansas I pray that it's someone that people can at least learn how to spell their name.

We had that with John L Smith!

ricepig

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on September 20, 2017, 07:56:55 am
Certainly they are subject to audit but why do you suppose the author purposely made reference to "forensic audit"?

Because he doesn't have any idea to what he is talking about?

Hawgndaaz

When people said that about MA last year you went completely ballistic. Just sayin...

Giant elephant in the room that I will not speak of.

Dominicanhog

Hopefully CBB responds with a year similar to Mike's last year...

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 20, 2017, 09:47:48 am
Giant elephant in the room that I will not speak of.

you already made the accusation.. it's no different than saying it out right...

cpohog

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 19, 2017, 08:11:31 pm
WOW! are you freaking kidding me! you mean to tell me Vandy has more sec wins than Arkansas over the last 5 years.good God! i knew things were bad.but i did not know this Vandy stat. bottom line after reading that.coach B better start winning games fast.and Jeff Long may even be in trouble if he does not.anyone else with me after reading this? looks like if coach B does not start winning games fast,he is gone.

To use Vandy's win total over the past 5 years is a poor barometer IMO. The SEC East is not the SEC E of 10 years ago. The SEC E has been DOWN during that time. How would Ark have done in the SEC E over the past 5 years and how would Vandy do in the SEC West over that same time period? Regardless, Arkansas DESTROYED the SEC EAST Champion 31-10 last year. I know that does not say much...but the EAST has been WAY down.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: cpohog on September 20, 2017, 09:58:25 am
To use Vandy's win total over the past 5 years is a poor barometer IMO. The SEC East is not the SEC E of 10 years ago. The SEC E has been DOWN during that time. How would Ark have done in the SEC E over the past 5 years and how would Vandy do in the SEC West over that same time period? Regardless, Arkansas DESTROYED the SEC EAST Champion 31-10 last year. I know that does not say much...but the EAST has been WAY down.

You do have to put context around numbers.  Unbalanced/not comparable  schedules can lead to misleading comparisons.  Still not good for us. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawgon

Good gosh, we actually have people defending the fact that Vandy is winning more than we are.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgon on September 20, 2017, 10:30:50 am
Good gosh, we actually have people defending the fact that Vandy is winning more than we are.

No

Potosihog

Quote from: cpohog on September 20, 2017, 09:58:25 am

And lost to the sec east cellar dweller.

elksnort

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 20, 2017, 09:08:18 am
I was typing on my phone and it is a pain sometime. I will make sure and watch your posts for grammar from now on. I don't know how long you have been paying attention to Razorback football, but the results we are witnessing, are very poor.

KlubhouseKonnected

Well... Anderson wins more.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 20, 2017, 09:52:22 am
Hopefully CBB responds with a year similar to Mike's last year...

I Hope CBB does too because it is best for the program for him to do well.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

ricepig

I'm sure everyone got the email saying they had financial commitments for all 38 suites and have commitments on over 70% of the Loge boxes, I wonder if I need Andy to do a forensic audit on those numbers??

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 11:09:26 am
I'm sure everyone got the email saying they had financial commitments for all 38 suites and have commitments on over 70% of the Loge boxes, I wonder if I need Andy to do a forensic audit on those numbers??
He thinks the Waltons care enough to contribute to a buyout.   Some of us remember what a hack Hodges is.

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2017, 11:15:15 am
He thinks the Waltons care enough to contribute to a buyout.   Some of us remember what a hack Hodges is.

I've never read anything from him, and actually had never heard of him before. If he's got some actual dirt, put it out, I've got no problem with that, I want to see how my money is being spent.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: elksnort on September 20, 2017, 10:44:02 am
I was typing on my phone and it is a pain sometime. I will make sure and watch your posts for grammar from now on. I don't know how long you have been paying attention to Razorback football, but the results we are witnessing, are very poor.
Proofread away.  I've been around Razorback football for quite a while.  I'm just tired of people misspelling my son's head coach's name.  If there is a change, I want everyone to get off on the right foot and spell the name properly before all of the negative posting starts.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 11:17:49 am
I've never read anything from him, and actually had never heard of him before. If he's got some actual dirt, put it out, I've got no problem with that, I want to see how my money is being spent.

Stirred the pot a lot back during Petrino era.   Can't remember the site he was on then.

phadedhawg

An article like this is the product of a loss followed by a bye week.  Lots of innuendo, some preaching to the choir, but short on substance. 

The only things that are concrete is stating that AD Jazzy Jeff and Ernieless Bert are on thin ice.   My cat could have told you that...I've told him about all these things.  He's fairly knowledgeable about the state of things.  I started briefing the cat after games because the wife and son are sick of hearing about it. 

Anyway...WPS!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 20, 2017, 11:15:15 am

Didn't he explicitly say " not named Walton"