Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aggies favored by 3

Started by ke2743, September 18, 2017, 01:33:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ke2743

Lots of action here.   Aggies -3.  I don't see this a high scoring affair.  0-3 perhaps.  7-10 maybe.   Maybe 6-9, all seem to be unrealistic as we can't find that open space between the poles. 

New unis will look nice. 

HogimusMaximus

THey win by 10 plus, take the Aggies.

Razorod

Hogs win this weekend, comfortably.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Razorod on September 18, 2017, 06:04:11 am
Hogs win this weekend, comfortably.

Yea, this one shouldn't be a problem. I'm surprised they opened as the favorites. Weren't we favored early in the week against TCU and then it shifted?

Al Boarland

I suspect they will have a few big plays early and we will have to play catch up. We aren't a play from behind kind of team.

Idahog

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 18, 2017, 06:23:02 am
I suspect they will have a few big plays early and we will have to play catch up. We aren't a play from behind kind of team.

Historically they aren't a great play from ahead team either.   :(
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

gawntrail

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 18, 2017, 06:23:02 am

We're not a play with the lead kind of team either.

gawntrail

Quote from: Idahog on September 18, 2017, 06:36:31 am
Historically they aren't a great play from ahead team either.   :(

Beat me to it.

hogcard1964

Are we worse than I thought?  The reason I ask is, I really think A & M will finish in dead last in the West behind Ole Miss.  ...not to mention Sumlin literally has one foot out 'the door.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 18, 2017, 07:42:07 am
Are we worse than I thought?  The reason I ask is, I really think A & M will finish in dead last in the West behind Ole Miss.  ...not to mention Sumlin literally has one foot out 'the door.

Unfortunately you could say the same about us and CBB... maybe this week starts the climb upward.... there's still time but the window is getting smaller every game....

I'm just really concerned about a loss, afraid it could make these last two week's of ranting look mild.... the worm has turned for the press and many fans... any further ship jumping could make for a dumpster fire comparable to any we've seen before....

nwahogfan1

Aggies usually play well the first half of the year and fall apart late.  Well it is early and they have beaten us 4 straight.  I just do not see any signs that tell me it will change this year.  Aggies offense is build on speed and we do not recruit enough speed on defense.  Why I do not know.  I guess because CBB is still stuck with a Big 10 mentality.  I am hoping Rhoads will change his mind.

Aggies have more talent than TCU.  They recruit very well.  I know they are not playing really well but they are playing well enough.

Take the Aggies and give up the 3. 

Dominicanhog

GuvHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 18, 2017, 07:56:01 am
Aggies usually play well the first half of the year and fall apart late.  Well it is early and they have beaten us 4 straight.  I just do not see any signs that tell me it will change this year.  Aggies offense is build on speed and we do not recruit enough speed on defense.  Why I do not know.  I guess because CBB is still stuck with a Big 10 mentality.  I am hoping Rhoads will change his mind.

Aggies have more talent than TCU.  They recruit very well.  I know they are not playing really well but they are playing well enough.

Take the Aggies and give up the 3. 

The Aggies aren't as good as TCU and haven't been all year. The Hogs should have beaten TCU.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Boar War

I'd love for us to end this slide against A&M but I just don't see it.  Both teams are playing for their coach.  It's on a neutral field.  However A&M has more talent and I've actually seen Sumlin come up with an effective game plan in the past. 

If we can't run the ball, get our receivers open, or make field goals against a team with less talent than the Aggies; I'm not sure how we'll score enough points to keep up this weekend.

Etowah

This would be like taking candy from a baby.  Easy money.

No way A and M wins this game..and I doubt it will be that close.

Nomally, I stay away from all games involving the Hogs..but I am getting me some of this.

GuvHog

Quote from: The Boar War on September 18, 2017, 08:27:49 am
I'd love for us to end this slide against A&M but I just don't see it.  Both teams are playing for their coach.  It's on a neutral field.  However A&M has more talent and I've actually seen Sumlin come up with an effective game plan in the past. 

If we can't run the ball, get our receivers open, or make field goals against a team with less talent than the Aggies; I'm not sure how we'll score enough points to keep up this weekend.

TCU is a much better team than the Aggies and have been all season. The Hogs should have won the TCU game.

Cinco de Hogo

Think the Lord he gave me enough sense not to be a gambling man!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The Boar War on September 18, 2017, 08:27:49 am

We are going to be the most improved team in America, that's how.
Hogs up! Covid down!

The Boar War

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 08:38:28 am
TCU is a much better team than the Aggies and have been all season. The Hogs should have won the TCU game.

Should have but didn't.  An unexplainable loss is not a very good reason to bet on a team to win in the future.

TCU may be a better team but they are less talented than A&M.  And how much better is TCU?  2 touchdowns?  We didn't lose by a touchdown or so and that was at home.

The Boar War

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 18, 2017, 08:41:48 am
We are going to be the most improved team in America, that's how.

We're not going to see what we saw at Missouri again... again.

GuvHog

Quote from: The Boar War on September 18, 2017, 08:46:09 am
Should have but didn't.  An unexplainable loss is not a very good reason to bet on a team to win in the future.

TCU may be a better team but they are less talented than A&M.  And how much better is TCU?  2 touchdowns?  We didn't lose by a touchdown or so and that was at home.

The loss was very explainable. The Hogs were actually the better team but made way too many mistakes resulting in a loss.

the last 2 TCU TD's scored on a defense that was exhausted due to being left on the field too long by an offense that wasn't getting it done made the result look worse than it really was. The 28-7 score is not indicative of how close the game really was.

Tick Hog

The is when the hogs pull the reverse and our offense puts up 30 but we still lose by 3 touchdowns. Beilema says in the PC that the good thing is these are all very fixable problems and growing pains of the new defense. He will say just have to find a way to put it all together. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ke2743 on September 18, 2017, 01:33:23 am
Lots of action here.   Aggies -3.  I don't see this a high scoring affair.  0-3 perhaps.  7-10 maybe.   Maybe 6-9, all seem to be unrealistic as we can't find that open space between the poles. 

New unis will look nice. 

Looks like Vegas had gone cold on CBB!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 08:23:20 am
The Aggies aren't as good as TCU and haven't been all year. The Hogs should have beaten TCU.

We should have beat TCU? That's news to me.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

RME

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2017, 09:02:11 am

Didn't you know that losing a game by 3 touchdowns is one you "should've won?"

The Boar War

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 08:52:33 am
The loss was very explainable. The Hogs were actually the better team but made way too many mistakes resulting in a loss.

the last 2 TCU TD's scored on a defense that was exhausted due to being left on the field too long by an offense that wasn't getting it done made the result look worse than it really was. The 28-7 score is not indicative of how close the game really was.

Not unexplainable as in you can't give an account of what actually happened on the way to the loss.  Unexplainable as in you can't explain why these things happened.  Why did we have multiple penalties to bring back first downs?  Why did our tight end run out of bounds in the end zone?  How did our kicker miss two easy fg's?  Why weren't we able to get in formation on the first drive?  These are things that, if taken care of, might have made the game more competitive but they weren't.  Chances are something will inexplicably show up this weekend and we won't be able to adjust and overcome.

TCU's offense also fumbled on the one yard line and dropped a wide open pass in the end zone.  Granted our offense left points on the board (which would have made the game closer) but this isn't new.  I'm sure all of us can come up with numerous memories of Bielema teams not being able to get short down yardage or missing what seems to be an easy field goal.  Once again, even though there's no logical reason for these things to happen, they do happen over and over again.

riccoar

Against TCU, the announcers said both teams had pointed to that game as a defining course for their season.

This game, both coaches are playing for the defining direction of their jobs. I think it's a must win for us to have any hope of a decent season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: riccoar on September 18, 2017, 09:06:26 am
Against TCU, the announcers said both teams had pointed to that game as a defining course for their season.

This game, both coaches are playing for the defining direction of their jobs. I think it's a must win for us to have any hope of a decent season.

Lot less pressure for CBB than Sumlin in this game.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dionysos25

Bet the house on the Hogs. Woo Pig.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

ke2743

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 18, 2017, 09:10:51 am
Lot less pressure for CBB than Sumlin in this game.

Bert moved up to a #5 on the hot seat rankings.  AFTER A BYE WEEK!!! 

What's that say?

Gonzo

Nice to start the week with a good chuckle.

The Hogs commit too many mistakes, can't sustain anything on offense, and get their defense gassed late? Uh, NOT doing those kind of things is pretty much exactly what being the better team means. No matter what should or should not have been, on that day, in that stadium, the Hogs were simply and absolutely not the better team. I'm hopeful the team performs much better going forward.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: ke2743 on September 18, 2017, 09:13:16 am

What's that say?

That apparently a couple guys in front of him did something to improve their lot? Not much a coach on an off week can do to change his status there.

Go Hogs!

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2017, 09:02:11 am

Yes

Home opener against a "good team".  I could understand it being a semi close/competitive game that we win. Instead we got embarrassed.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ke2743 on September 18, 2017, 09:13:16 am

What's that say?

What's Sumlin?  4?  LOL

GuvHog

Quote from: Gonzo on September 18, 2017, 09:15:16 am

Nice to start the week with a good chuckle.

The Hogs commit too many mistakes, can't sustain anything on offense, and get their defense gassed late? Uh, NOT doing those kind of things is pretty much exactly what being the better team means. No matter what should or should not have been, on that day, in that stadium, the Hogs were simply and absolutely not the better team. I'm hopeful the team performs much better going forward.

Go Hogs!

The Hogs were the better team against TCU but didn't play like the better team.

"The best team doesn't always win the game"

Gonzo

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 09:20:01 am

As I said elsewhere, you watched a different game than I did, so be it. Been watching the game for a long time, it's pretty rare the "better" team has all the issues you cited yourself. TCU was clearly the better team that day imo.

Go Hogs!

3kgthog

Zero faith in Bielema. When that happens take the team with more talent.

Aggies by at least 10.

GuvHog

Quote from: Gonzo on September 18, 2017, 09:27:38 am

As I said elsewhere, you watched a different game than I did, so be it. Been watching the game for a long time, it's pretty rare the "better" team has all the issues you cited yourself. TCU was clearly the better team that day imo.

Go Hogs!

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Arkansas drove down into the TCU red zone TWICE and didn't score. A rested defense wouldn't have given up those last 2 TDs to TCU. The final score should have been 21-14 Hogs.

Guv, I fear your hopes put into writing could be very wrong.  TCU beat us to death with a team of second tier players.  Our D stood tall for 3+ quarters or we get beat by 4 or 5 TDs.  All that said, the final score was exactly what it read, 28-7, held there by a decent showing by the Hog D.  For the record, there is absolutely no reason for either team to believe they can beat the other this coming weekend.  We have seen BB actually go to work and rally his team once or twice.  Who knows when though.  Same can be said for A&M.  Other than gut feelings there is no evidence either team can overcome their situation and win this game. 

Ex-Trumpet

No play for me on this one...I have no idea what to expect. 

Either team could squeeze out a tight win--or completely blow out the other.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ke2743

Quickdraw

Aggies win. Hogs won't score in second half. "I hope I'm wrong"

EastexHawg

Both teams made costly mistakes.  TCU's center rolled the ball on a shotgun snap and we recovered when they were on our 2 or 3 yard line.  That probably cost them a TD, so if you're going to "what if" it could easily have been at least 35-7.

CFB_Fanatic

Good Gog. It's like some of you will never learn. Saying the same crap with TCU last week.

I'll say this, it will be a closer game. But the Aggies are more talented at almost every spot across the roster. It would require better coaching on our end to make up for the difference, and that ain't gonna happen. No disrespect to CBB but he's not the kind of coach that can win with a talent gap.

Aggies will win from anywhere to 3 to 14.

Of note, we also don't have a FG kicker which certainly will cost us some points

Gonzo

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 09:29:00 am
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Arkansas drove down into the TCU red zone TWICE and didn't score. A rested defense wouldn't have given up those last 2 TDs to TCU. The final score should have been 21-14 Hogs.

Perhaps, but that's not what happened is it? TCU also left points on the field. Yes, we can, and obviously will, disagree. Not a whole lot of coulda, woulda, shouldas, on the scoreboard or the record books.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: 12247 on September 18, 2017, 09:31:48 am
  For the record, there is absolutely no reason for either team to believe they can beat the other this coming weekend. 

Lol, perhaps WAY too accurate for anyone's liking. If it weren't for the college OT rules to guarantee a "winner" I would say a low scoring (scoreless even?) tie would be a big possibility. Hopefully the Hogs figure out more coming into this game than the Aggies do.

Go Hogs!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 09:20:01 am

Sometime it's inches, sometimes it's miles.  Tennessee/Florida was inches definined by a desperation end of regulation TD.  Ark/TCU wasn't inches and the difference was coaching.

The commentary I heard was that Tennessee was the better team and played better that day.

Poker_hog

Don't gamble, but if you must don't gamble on games involving you favorite team, but if you must take the pulse of hogville and bet in the opposite direction. 

Hogs cover.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

247Hog

Quote from: gawntrail on September 18, 2017, 06:36:48 am
We're not a play with A the lead kind of team either.

Especially in SEC play.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

PorkSoda

Quote from: Gonzo on September 18, 2017, 09:27:38 am

Go Hogs!
"better" is a good way to put it.  both teams tried to give the game away.  if either team had played a real team that day, they would have lost deep in the double digits. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.