Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On a scale from 0-10...how excited are you for each game?

Started by NuttinItUp, July 26, 2017, 04:06:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

July 26, 2017, 04:06:58 pm Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:29:28 am by NuttinItUp
Florida A&M  3  --  Would rate lower, but first game of year, so added interest
TCU     7  --  Should be a good game; first chance to see how we are against real competition
Texas A&M  9  --  Please beat the Aggies this year! 6 years is too long!
New Mexico State  1  --  Who cares? It is Razorback football, so I can't give it a 0, but was close.
South Carolina    7  --  Chance to start with an SEC record of 2-0 if we can beat the Ags and Cocks.
Alabama     7  --  Chance against the Crimson Tide this year? Hopefully.
Auburn      9  --  First home SEC game of the year.
Ole Miss    8  --  How will Mississippi play this year with the loss of Hugh Freeze?
Coastal Carolina  2  --  Homecoming, or this would get a 1.
LSU     7  --  Bring that Gold Boot home.
Miss State   6  --  State gonna be any good this year?
Missouri     6  --  Let's show Mizzou that last year was a fluke.

Edit: Alternatively, (if you want to say "all 10s" or something) what is your ranking of games from most to least interesting?

1. Auburn
2. Texas A&M
3. Ole Miss
4. LSU
5. South Carolina
6. TCU
7. Alabama
8. Missouri
9. Miss St.
10. Florida A&M
11. Coastal Carolina
12. NM State

Deep Shoat

On all of them.

I love the Hogs and I'll watch every one with my 16 year old daughter.  She loves the Hogs too.
All Gas, No Brakes!

sickboy

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 26, 2017, 04:10:53 pm

On all of them.

I love the Hogs and I'll watch every one with my 16 year old daughter.  She loves the Hogs too.

Seconded. Except it'll be with my newborn son. He has to love the Hogs. No choice.

Wildhog

On all of them.

Hey, we agree on something.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

nchogg

greenEGnHAWGS

On all of them.

This.

Florida A&M  10 -- FOOTBALL'S HERE!!!
TCU     10  --  LAST YEAR WAS CRAZY! THIS ONE SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENT!!!
Texas A&M  10  --  C'MON HOGS!!! PLEASE DON'T MELTDOWN THIS GAME!
New Mexico State  10  --  TIME TO SEE SOME DEVWAH 80 YD TD RUNS!!!
South Carolina    10  --  CAN'T STAND THEIR COACH! LETS DESTROY THEM!!!
Alabama     10  -- MAY THE STARS ALIGN AND MAKE THIS THE YEAR!!! PLEASE FOOTBALL GODS!
Auburn      10  --  ITS FREAKING AUBURN! I WON'T THIS ONE SOOOOO BAD!
Ole Miss    10  --  SLEEZEBALLS THAT DESERVE A HAMMERING!
Coastal Carolina  10  --  MORE DW BIG RUNS IN 1ST QT, THEN A BIG DOES OF SOME TALENTED YOUNG BACKS!
LSU     10  --  AFTER LAST YEARS DEBACLE, I WANT TO RETURN THE FAVOR!
Miss State   10  --  NO DAK COMEBACK THIS YEAR! PAYBACK IS IMMINENT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!
Missouri     10  --  SHUT THEIR LOUDMOUTH DEFENSE UP! RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!!!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

southeasthog

On all of them.

I'm going with this one but adding my wife. Also will be with my brother for all the home games plus Jerry World.

1highhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 26, 2017, 04:06:58 pm
TCU     7  --  Should be a good game; first chance to see how we are against real competition
New Mexico State  1  --  Who cares? It is Razorback football, so I can't give it a 0, but was close.
South Carolina    7  --  Chance to start with an SEC record of 2-0 if we can beat the Ags and Cocks.
Ole Miss    8  --  How will Mississippi play this year with the loss of Hugh Freeze?

Heck Man, put me down for a 10 on all of'm!!  How can you not be on a sky high 10 for every game when you have to wait so dang long for the season to get here???  We have to wait through the dreadful NBA season along with any other Professional crap that may be on just so college football finally gets here.  Definitely a 10 in my book.

Hoggish1

On all of them.

Yeah.  I am usually a 9.9 for each game but this year I'm a 10...

TexasRazorback

10 on all of them. We only get 12 days out of the year to watch the hogs and I dont miss one of them.

NuttinItUp

On all of them.

Don't get me wrong. I love watching every game.

I am just more excited for some games than others. You guys can't honestly tell me that you would like to watch Arkansas vs. Coastal Carolina just as much as Arkansas vs. an SEC opponent. (?!?)

If attendance or ratings are any indication, most Hog fans don't have equal interest in all games.

rljjr

alohawg

I start the first game at a 10 and it depends after how things go.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

sowmonella

Please change your phrasing on the South Carolina game. It's freaking me out.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

TXArcher

NuttinItUp

For all you guys saying 10 for everything:
Would you not rather watch a good SEC or non-conference opponent than Coastal Carolina?

If it is the same level of excitement for every game, should we schedule all Coastal Carolinas?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 26, 2017, 04:51:43 pm
Don't get me wrong. I love watching every game.

I am just more excited for some games than others. You guys can't honestly tell me that you would like to watch Arkansas vs. Coastal Carolina just as much as Arkansas vs. an SEC opponent. (?!?)

If attendance or ratings are any indication, most Hog fans don't have equal interest in all games.

If you go by attendance and TV ratings, why bother asking us?

I like games against teams like Coastal Carolina. It's different than a game against LSU, but I love them. I can relax and have fun. See some great plays early. Get to see young players late in the game. Get to look at some fourth year walk-ons having moments of their lives. Have the roster out asking, "Hey, who's that number 37?" Love those games.

WilsonHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 26, 2017, 06:05:27 pm
Would you not rather watch a good SEC or non-conference opponent than Coastal Carolina?

If it is the same level of excitement for every game, should we schedule all Coastal Carolinas?

I'm going, regardless. However, it is nice being able to kick back and watch a game that we should be able to name the score in. Takes all the stress out of it. Being able to see some players get snaps who normally wouldn't is an added bonus.

Medic821

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on July 26, 2017, 06:12:55 pm
If you go by attendance and TV ratings, why bother asking us?

I like games against teams like Coastal Carolina. It's different than a game against LSU, but I love them. I can relax and have fun. See some great plays early. Get to see young players late in the game. Get to look at some fourth year walk-ons having moments of their lives. Have the roster out asking, "Hey, who's that number 37?" Love those games.

That's totally cool, and I like the feeling of those games as well. However, I would be lying if I said that all games were equally interesting to me.

Michael_E_Davis

On all of them.

You are lucky.  I have a daughter too,  she is thirteen,  and she is not interested in football in the least.  So I get to watch the razorback games by myself.  Which is just fine by the way!  It would be nice if she was a fan though.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

MissippHog

No.  It's a 10 no matter who we play.  I get the same nervous excitement prior to each game.  All the opponent does is determine how fast that nervous excitement lasts. 

GO

Well, I bet this thread didn't go the way the OP had hoped, but yeah al

GoHogzzGo

Normally there would be a couple in conference games I'm not too excited for because we should stomp the team (Vandy), or get stomped (Bama). This year for me every single conference game really could go either way. Bama is probably a stretch so we will see how well we are playing before then.

I wasn't excited about Mizzou until that BS last year. Now I hope we own them for eternity.

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Capt. Hamm

Quote from: TexasRazorback on July 26, 2017, 04:44:51 pm
10 on all of them. We only get 12 days out of the year to watch the hogs and I dont miss one of them.
This

bennyl08

It's a diversity of excitement. I'd rank all of them a 10, but for different reasons.

My excitement for the Bama game is very different from my excitement for the MSU game which is very different from my excitement for the Coastal Carolina game.

I expect us to lose the game against Bama. That is not very exciting. However, I am excited by the chance to see how well we do against the best team we will play all year and the chance that we will beat them and the excitement that would bring. I'm excited for the opportunity to defy expectations.

I expect that we should win the MSU game, but as an SEC game, it is by no means a guarantee and with Mullen, they are still a dangerous team. I'm excited to have an SEC game that we should be able to win in front of a home crowd, but for it to still be a SEC game and the difficulties that ensues.

I'm excited for the Coastal Carolina game because it is a game we should win and win handily. Not every movie watched has to be some high brow movie. Sometimes it is nice to just turn you brain off and enjoy a shallow movie like the Rock. Similarly, it's nice to have a 70-3 victory every once in a while like the Nichols State game where we couldn't exercise a play without it going for a touchdown. Further, it's exciting to get to see some of the players that don't get a lot of time and how they perform under the lights.

My excitement to see each game is a 10. My reasons to be excited for each game is different, but there isn't a single game on the schedule where I'm like, meh, I don't really care to watch it. Naturally, some I will have to miss either because I won't have access to see them or I'll have to watch after the fact because camping calls.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

cityhog

1 for all. Haven't won anything of consequence since 1989. Razorback football is is my least favorite razorback sport and has been for a long time. Wake me up when we actually win something. Anything of consequence.

ChitownHawg

On all of them.

Ditto.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

onebadrubi

Nobody responded to your first post on this so you needed to make another?

We can't play 12 sec games a year, so yes some
Games like this still allow for tailgating, beer drinking fun with friends and family!  Put me
Down for a 10

rhames

10 for all of them

We spend 9 months of the year waiting for this 3 month period. I love it all
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

micali

Quote from: MissippHog on July 27, 2017, 04:27:44 am
No.  It's a 10 no matter who we play.  I get the same nervous excitement prior to each game.  All the opponent does is determine how fast that nervous excitement lasts.
This...

hawgon

Well, I for one want get excited until we reach that stage of preseason practice where coach declares a particular unit on the team "...the most talented group of ______ I've ever been around."

Then we'll know that it is officially football time.

tigers68

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on July 27, 2017, 07:17:39 am

I wasn't excited about Mizzou until that BS last year. Now I hope we own them for eternity.

You guys ever wonder if Beisel was instructed to make those comments prior to last year's game?  It certainly injected some fire into the game, at least from the fans'  perspective.  Maybe that type of trash talking is what's needed to take this annual tilt between MU and Arkansas to the next level?  I know the press just ate it up.

rhames

Quote from: tigers68 on July 28, 2017, 09:16:11 am
You guys ever wonder if Beisel was instructed to make those comments prior to last year's game?  It certainly injected some fire into the game, at least from the fans'  perspective.  Maybe that type of trash talking is what's needed to take this annual tilt between MU and Arkansas to the next level?  I know the press just ate it up.

I don't think so. Also it wasn't really the fire in mizzou as it was the lack of execution from the hogs in the second half

At this point the kid is just trying to be funny so I don't care what he says. Haha.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hugo Bezdek

Florida A&M  10 - Opening Game
TCU     10 - First real challenge and an old foe.
Texas A&M  11 - SEC. Sick of losing to Aggy. Beat the Hell out of Aggy!
New Mexico State  1  - Don't like all the rent-a-wins. No reason we can't play a Service Academy or someone from American or Mountain West here.
South Carolina    10 - SEC
Alabama     10 - SEC
Auburn      10 - SEC
Ole Miss    10 - SEC
Coastal Carolina  1 - We should be focused on SEC this late in the year.
LSU     10 - SEC. The Boot!
Miss State   10 - SEC
Missouri     10 - SEC. Revenge! The Battle Line of the Ozarks is at stake!

redleg

FAMU - 1, in The Rock...whoopty freakin do! Thanks for nothing.
TCU - 7, Should be a really good game...W.
TAMU - 9, For the Love of God, please beat these assclowns!  >:(
NMSU - 1, big whoop.
SC - 6, meh. Hogs should win.
ALA - 8, Hope for a W, gonna be an L.
AUB - 8, Would love some revenge after what they did to the Hogs last year.
OM - 7, Hogs should stomp Rebs.
CC - 1, Homecoming yawner.
LSU - 9, I hate this team more than any other SEC team.
MSU - 7, Hogs should win this one.
MO - 8, I want Beisel to eat his words SO DAMN bad! Just once, I hope the offense calls a Student-body at Beisel play!
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

ShadowTheHedgehog

10 on all games except for TAMU and Mizzou. Hate those two games. Two schools we should beat consistently but we keep finding creative ways to lose the games.

Bigmac2

Florida A&M  2 -- LR and gonna be hot as hell against an easy opponent.
TCU    10  -- First official game to see where we are and in Fayetteville to see new North end zone
Texas A&M  6 -- still worried about the Charlie Brown/ Lucy syndrome
New Mexico State  3 -- can't stand playing Aggies in back to back games
South Carolina    8 -- First road test. Get to find out more about this team
Alabama     5 -- see Texas A&M but with Linus, Pig Pen and Peppermint Patty joining in
Auburn      0 -- I'm pissed my wife schedule a trip out of state this weekend for us and she knows our season ticket schedule
Ole Miss    8  --  I to can't stand Ole Miss and TCTWF (referring to Freeze not Nutt)
Coastal Carolina  5 -- A home game and homecoming to make up for the Auburn miss
LSU     6 -- Didn't like the beat down last year and don't have the confidence coming up
Miss State   7 -- Just not sure. Should be a good game
Missouri     6  --  Just depends if the tryptophan wears off in time.

Excited but leary this year.

Deep Shoat

This is cool certainly an excellent exercise in identifying who the actual Razorback fans are...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hawgphish

Nothing I like more than a Razorback Saturday (or Thursday) in the fall.  I'll be a 10 for every game.

Bigmac2

Doh

HF#1

I'm completely stoked for every game. What varies is my level of nervousness.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hoggish1

We should except it is not allowed.

Hoggish1

Quote from: cityhog on July 27, 2017, 11:32:09 pm
1 for all. Haven't won anything of consequence since 1989. Razorback football is is my least favorite razorback sport and has been for a long time. Wake me up when we actually win something. Anything of consequence.

Not going to wake you up with that attitude. Stay asleep — ignorance is bliss...

cityhog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 30, 2017, 08:24:41 pm
Not going to wake you up with that attitude. Stay asleep — ignorance is bliss...
Nah. Just tough to get all pumped up for abject mediocrity.

Hawgphat

Enthusiasm does not necessarily equate with confidence in my case.  I'm excited about the impending start of the new season; - - but my confidence level in regard to the individual games is a mixed bag.

The best - and most entirely honest - answer I can give is a composite 7.  I would dearly LOVE to be "pleasantly surprised"; - - but I'm not about to wager the farm and my new 65 inch flat screen TV on my beloved Hogs.

RazorPiggie

Should rank them from 1-12 on the excitement level.

1. Auburn because its the best game at Fay this year and I hate Gus
2. Bama
3. TCU
4. LSU
5. aTm
6.USCe
7. Ole Miss
8. MSU
9. Mizzou
10. Coastal Carolina
11. NMSU
12. Florida A&M

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%