Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New uniforms?

Started by Bacon_Bitz, July 25, 2017, 02:36:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

factchecker

I don't think we are.  Here is Jeremy Patton showing his jersey for this season:

https://twitter.com/JeremyPatton_11/status/887451924303314944
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FraggleHog

Look the same, but based on Razorback Football Instragram, it appears team captains will have the hockey style "C" on their left shoulder above the Nike swoosh, opposite the SEC patch. They have a pic of Austin that shows this...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 25, 2017, 03:02:49 pm
Look the same, but based on Razorback Football Instragram, it appears team captains will have the hockey style "C" on their left shoulder above the Nike swoosh, opposite the SEC patch. They have a pic of Austin that shows this...

I think that's an excellent addition...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bennyl08

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 25, 2017, 03:02:49 pm

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

JOKERHOG

next comes the annual debate (by the posters that don't have enough to do) as to whether black or anthricite of one of our team colors.  Have fun!
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

rhames

Hahaha is Austin Allen channeling his inner football jesus?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rhames on July 25, 2017, 06:30:24 pm

If it were your son in that position with that pic, I imagine you would treasure it.
Go Hogs Go!

rhames

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 25, 2017, 06:35:30 pm
If it were your son in that position with that pic, I imagine you would treasure it.

Who says I haven't already frammed it and hung it over my bed

Lighten up a bit

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

bennyl08

Channeling? He is football Jesus.

Not to be confused with Clipboard Jesus, Charlie Whitehurst.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

247Hog

He's praying to Jesus that he doesn't receive the same beating he got last year.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

ThisTeetsTaken

Get rid of the "tusks" and they are fine.  Those tusks look Mountain West Conference back when the MWC wasn't any good.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

supersaint

I wish I had kept my Apex jersey.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ArkansasI

Never have liked the tusks.

Never understood why we added words to the front of the jersey.

Don't understand why we are "ARKANSAS" on the road and "RAZORBACKS" at home.

Don't understand the font chosen - don't hate it, just is newer and LSUish, but razor sharp - which somehow makes sense.

I love our cardinal and white. The numbers look good. Sometimes less is more.

hobhog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 25, 2017, 09:14:07 pm
Get rid of the "tusks" and they are fine.  Those tusks look Mountain West Conference back when the MWC wasn't any good.

McKdaddy

Ha!
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

FraggleHog

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on July 25, 2017, 06:57:03 pm
These are so bad/USFL/Arena League to me.

D-MAC era was classy.

Quote from: supersaint on July 25, 2017, 09:28:34 pm
I wish I had kept my Apex jersey.

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 25, 2017, 09:40:46 pm

Don't understand the font chosen - don't hate it, just is newer and LSUish, but razor sharp - which somehow makes sense.

And the annual uniform discussion begins...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on July 25, 2017, 06:57:03 pm
These are so bad/USFL/Arena League to me.

D-MAC era was classy.
and it begins  :D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 26, 2017, 10:58:39 am
And the annual uniform discussion begins...
We knew it was coming lol
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The_Iceman

https://twitter.com/JeremyPatton_11/status/890233608807616513

Doesn't look like any changes. If they removed the stripes and tusks and put the hog on the shoulder like it was for decades, I'd actually like them.

Corkscrew Johnson

They need to get rid of those awful tusks.   

The_Iceman

NuttinItUp

Sivad

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on July 26, 2017, 11:50:29 am
They need to get rid of those awful tusks.   
Never cared for them either.

rhames

rhames

JayBell

Seems like some people will never be happy with the uniforms.  I like the tusks.  It's not a common design, so they help Arkansas stand out.

The only thing that would make the jerseys better to me would be to tweak the tusks so you could fit a logo on the sleeves.

FraggleHog

Quote from: JayBell on July 27, 2017, 09:03:29 am
Seems like some people will never be happy with the uniforms.  I like the tusks.  It's not a common design, so they help Arkansas stand out.

The only thing that would make the jerseys better to me would be to tweak the tusks so you could fit a logo on the sleeves.

Take away the tusks and add the Running Hog in the "TV Numbers" location and you got a winner...

The NewEra

I don't like the tusk either.  Other than that, it looks good.

Kevin

I cannot believe jeff long let them take those pictures without the sec graduate patch on them.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

FraggleHog

Quote from: Kevin on July 27, 2017, 10:55:21 am
I cannot believe jeff long let them take those pictures without the sec graduate patch on them.

From what I understand, AA is the only graduate in the pics above and he does have the graduate patch on.

hogsanity

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 25, 2017, 09:40:46 pm

What I don't understand is why there is so much angst among people who never HAVE to wear a jersey over what they look like.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hobhog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 27, 2017, 11:43:26 am
What I don't understand is why there is so much angst among people who never HAVE to wear a jersey over what they look like.

Huh?

hogsanity

Quote from: hobhog on July 27, 2017, 12:09:54 pm
Huh?

Why do fans worry so much about what the uniforms look like? Not one fan ever HAS to wear one of the jersies.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

sowmonella

Quote from: hogsanity on July 27, 2017, 12:25:57 pm
Why do fans worry so much about what the uniforms look like? Not one fan ever HAS to wear one of the jersies.
Unfortunately some fans still wear their #14 Stoerner jerseys to games.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hobhog

because they like the team and want them to look good?

Corkscrew Johnson

It ties to marketing, which ties to brand identity, which ties to reputation, which ties to kids wanting to play here.  Go ask Jeff Long about the importance of marketing.  And while you're at it, ask him why he keeps screwing it up. 

Kevin

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 27, 2017, 11:14:11 am
From what I understand, AA is the only graduate in the pics above and he does have the graduate patch on.

how in the world did I miss that big ole thing.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

AirWarren

Quote from: hobhog on July 27, 2017, 02:58:45 pm
because they like the team and want them to look good?

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the uniforms.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on July 27, 2017, 03:45:56 pm
It ties to marketing, which ties to brand identity, which ties to reputation, which ties to kids wanting to play here.  Go ask Jeff Long about the importance of marketing.  And while you're at it, ask him why he keeps screwing it up.

If you really think about it.....Universities are not educational institutions. They are marketing institutions.

JayBell

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on July 27, 2017, 03:45:56 pmIt ties to marketing, which ties to brand identity, which ties to reputation, which ties to kids wanting to play here.  Go ask Jeff Long about the importance of marketing.  And while you're at it, ask him why he keeps screwing it up.

An athletic department that's suffered through some terrible and middling seasons in the two highest profile, revenue-generating sports is still routinely among the top 15-20 most profitable in the country.

After almost a decade, it's amazing so many Arkansas fans still think Jeff Long is terrible at his job.  No one outside of the state agrees with you.  Like, no one.  And not in the "Les Miles is actually a great coach because I want him to stay as LSU's coach" way, but in an actual dollars and sense way.

ArkansasI

Quote from: hogsanity on July 27, 2017, 11:43:26 am
Are you criticizing my reply to the OP?  I didn't intend to convey any angst about the uniform, just tossed in my opinion.  I know uniforms are a comical subject - I laugh when the thread eventually tumbles down to postings of "Dixie" themed threads.

Regardless of how irrelevant the subject is, the appearance of the team matters to me.  This necessarily includes our uniforms.  If uniforms aren't important, why do we jack with them so often?  People are getting paid to piece them together and I admit to being occasionally disappointed at what they come up with - even though I don't wear the uniform.  If you tell me that you don't live with some anticipation of this year's appearance, I don't believe you.

I bid you - and all Hog fans - peace.