Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long not in favor of general alcohol sales at this time.

Started by ricepig, May 25, 2017, 04:48:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Nothing worse than an elitist...can we not all come together over football and a brew. Jera Jones has no problem w it....no riots at the A&M game.   
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Porked Tongue

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 26, 2017, 03:26:16 pm
No, I mean less. No customer wants to pay more for a product.

They (Coke and Pepsi) charge the same for all practical purposes.

It's the upfront payoff that is different.

casken

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 25, 2017, 05:15:58 pm
Typical thinking from those that think alcohol isn't already in the stadiums.  I've mixed plenty a drink in the stands at BWA.  Flask in the pocket or airplane bottles in the sock or honey's bra. 

It's in every NFL stadium and I don't recall any drunk fans killing an NFL ref, and although they don't quite suck as much as SEC officials they have been known to blow a call.

I agree with Long. This is typical thinking from someone in law enforcement for nearing 23 years now. Easily 90 percent of the calls we encounter dealing with violence (excepting juveniles who need no juice to fight and act stupid) involve use and abuse of alcohol. I may have been called to two fights in churches over the past few decades maybe a few at community meetings...easily hundreds at bars if not more. The difference is due in large part to the "adult" beverage. Sure it gets in but not in the free flowing fashion it would if sold there. It's a ball game. Many fun things to do without having to get plastered in a potentially emotionally charged atmosphere. As to the location...blue bloods in the high dollar seats seldom fight like rednecks...your guess as to why is as good as any. It is a risk not necessary. Seems simple to me.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

cosmodrum

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 26, 2017, 04:17:03 pm
They (Coke and Pepsi) charge the same for all practical purposes.

It's the upfront payoff that is different.

Yeah, I have no idea what their pricing proposals are. But say price is 30% of the evaluation criteria and Pepsi was less expensive, albeit nominally, Pepsi gets that 30%.

I want a coke now.
Go away, batin'

italian9005

good no1 likes an annoying drunk. sat in club seats once and bout got into a fight because some drunk dude thought he would come run through everyone acting like hes all mighty

Calling All Hogs

If the team plays like it did last year, Long owes it to fans to serve alcohol in the 2nd half.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on May 26, 2017, 10:58:45 pm
If the team plays like it did last year, Long owes it to fans to serve alcohol in the 2nd half. quarter

Sorry. Had to make a correction
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Porked Tongue

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 26, 2017, 04:44:10 pm
Yeah, I have no idea what their pricing proposals are. But say price is 30% of the evaluation criteria and Pepsi was less expensive, albeit nominally, Pepsi gets that 30%.

I want a coke now.

You really have no idea how this works.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 27, 2017, 02:25:41 am
You really have no idea how this works.

I don't know UA's procurement process, but I prepare proposals for a living.

Sorry for wasting your time.
Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: Three and Snout on May 27, 2017, 02:56:36 am
Here's the Pepsi deal:  http://news.uark.edu/articles/18545/university-pepsico-finalizing-campus-beverages-contract.

All we need to know on that link was that John Diamond had something to do with it, lol. He was the man behind Long's "Fire Petrino speech", and then was fired over the budget debacle in the Advancement foundation. I don't know if he was guilty of anything, besides being "bad mojo".

LZH

Solution: Legalize.....smoke dope. No one starts trouble because they're stoned.

You're welcome.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sw403 on May 25, 2017, 05:12:42 pm
I'm glad.  All we need is someone getting drunk and go and kill a ref because of a bad call.  We don't need it at the stadium.

You forgot to use the sarcasm font...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Porked Tongue

I wouldn't mind Penn Wagers being a little scared.

elksnort

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 25, 2017, 05:12:36 pm
Translation:

Right now I've got to get this stadium built and boxes sold.  We float ideas like this indirectly to get you and other media members talking about it to gauge interest without actually pissing anyone off by committing to an actual plan.  We will let other conference members push the agenda as well.  Once it gathers steam there will be more of a push from our fans because school X, Y, Z has it and we don't want to be left behind.  The expanded stadium will give us more options to have some areas to serve alcohol to the general public.
I do believe sir that you just "nailed it".

Inhogswetrust

I'm glad.  All we need is someone getting drunk and go and kill a ref because of a bad call.  We don't need it at the stadium.

Forgetting people can already drink in a lot of the stadium are you or just attempting to make a funny?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 27, 2017, 02:28:13 am
I don't know UA's procurement process, but I prepare proposals for a living.

Sorry for wasting your time.

I guess you think mexican restaurants should quit serving free chips and salsa before the meal then.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on May 26, 2017, 03:56:59 pm
Nothing worse than an elitist...can we not all come together over football and a brew. Jera Jones has no problem w it....no riots at the A&M game.   

Exactly! That's like saying those in the suites and club areas are better than those that are in other seats.

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 27, 2017, 09:26:34 am
Exactly! That's like saying those in the suites and club areas are better than those that are in other seats.

True. Back when I could afford club seats, I was better than everyone else.....

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 27, 2017, 09:26:34 am

Club seats and suites can have other perks - local organic microbrews, bacon wrapped grilled shrimp kabobs, a shoe shine station, bidet toilets, etc - I don't give a .... but overpriced, low quality cold beer should be available for all.

Cold beer here!

Al Boarland

It's really gets old people bagging on JL. He's the best we'll ever do. Hell, 1/3 of our stadium is filed with people wearing camo. It's hard enough to recruit as it is and people complain about our ability to attract top talent.

HiggiePiggy

Yes because that just happens so much at all the other stadiums that sell alcohol.......
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

twistitup

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 27, 2017, 08:37:50 pm
It's really gets old people bagging on JL. He's the best we'll ever do. Hell, 1/3 of our stadium is filed with people wearing camo. It's hard enough to recruit as it is and people complain about our ability to attract top talent.

Hey Al,
We are talking about beer....

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

sasnakrafan

Quote from: ricepig on May 26, 2017, 07:36:59 am
What about those who haven't had anything to drink, been driving up, with their kids, etc., and want a beverage at the game? Are you going to deny them the opportunity, because some drunk who came into the game that way, and was is belligerent anyway?

Like I said,  I don't prefer it,  but if alcohol is allowed,  I hope the administration creates a family section to where it isn't allowed. Just don't buy a ticket in the designated section and you can have your cake and eat it too. Or if you have a ticket there,  by 2018 you can walk over to standing room only in the north endzone. Also it might be wise for the ua to set up a Gameday trading booth/information booth for those that want to exchange seats. 

ricepig

Quote from: sasnakrafan on May 28, 2017, 09:56:10 am
Like I said,  I don't prefer it,  but if alcohol is allowed,  I hope the administration creates a family section to where it isn't allowed. Just don't buy a ticket in the designated section and you can have your cake and eat it too. Or if you have a ticket there,  by 2018 you can walk over to standing room only in the north endzone. Also it might be wise for the ua to set up a Gameday trading booth/information booth for those that want to exchange seats. 
They have an app, or site to upgrade tickets. I know I signed up for it once a couple of years ago and still get a text message every game day telling me which upgrades are available, and when they start. I have no problem with having a designated area, but would you want to be the one to tell a 30+ year season ticket holder that his area was "off limits"? I suspect they'd make it upper deck, anyway.

twistitup

Embrace it...one heartbeat, one Razorback, one set of beer drinking standards... for all fans

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on May 28, 2017, 11:47:21 am
Embrace it...one heartbeat, one Razorback, one set of beer drinking standards... for all fans

Next you'll want to give everyone a participation beer........

Gonzo

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2017, 12:41:17 pm

Uh, where does the line start?

Go Hogs!

elviscat

The lowering of standards will cause more problems. Drunks, with guns could be  a very dangerous situation. We have become a wacko state with all the liberal gun laws and the right to carry. This is going to make any administrator go crazy trying to work around this. Safety being top priority is a hard job to fulfill. Alcohol and a gun is a dangerous situation, it has no business at a college football game.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2017, 12:41:17 pm

No, but access to the new north end Beer Garden would be a nice addition to the season ticket package...

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on May 28, 2017, 01:54:57 pm
No, but access to the new north end Beer Garden would be a nice addition to the season ticket package...

Yep, look for it.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: elviscat on May 28, 2017, 01:39:37 pm
The lowering of standards will cause more problems. Drunks, with guns could be  a very dangerous situation. We have become a wacko state with all the liberal gun laws and the right to carry. This is going to make any administrator go crazy trying to work around this. Safety being top priority is a hard job to fulfill. Alcohol and a gun is a dangerous situation, it has no business at a college football game.
Good grief. Fans have likely been consuming alcohol at U of A games for 123 years. Nobody's ever been shot. And what's up with the gun nonsense? They're about to install metal detectors for the first time. You'll be safe at a Hog game. I can't promise that you won't get punched in the nose but you're not going to get shot by a drunk.

tophawg19

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 26, 2017, 03:15:56 pm
You mean more. As in pay more for the contract.  It's not about how much they charge per bottle.

Well, you could argue an inferior product has to pay more. 

Give me a fast nickel over a slow dime when it comes to retail.   UA will swap back I believe when the moment comes.  Hearing Pepsi won't reup at the same rate.
probably true , Pepsi had to back off of the big contracts at several other schools several years ago. they gave huge contracts that didn't pay off
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jkstock04

Lol oh man this was hilarious. You made it a bit obvious but still funny.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

007 License To Squeal

Yep...We wouldn't want those gun battles up in the sky boxes to get down into the "regular guy" seats, would we?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ricepig

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on May 29, 2017, 12:36:52 pm
Yep...We wouldn't want those gun battles up in the sky boxes to get down into the "regular guy" seats, would we?

Jerra thinks he's a Cowboy now, packs a pair of six-shooters.

Dominicanhog

Just want to check, so they've been discussing guns in the stadium and selling alcohol... Hell yeah, go for it all... when that drunk redneck cusses your wife, you can blow his a$$ away....

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dominicanhog on May 29, 2017, 07:23:13 pm
Just want to check, so they've been discussing guns in the stadium and selling alcohol... Hell yeah, go for it all... when that drunk redneck cusses your wife, you can blow his a$$ away....

Yep because that is what happens at every stadium that sells alcohol.....
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jlhogfan

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2017, 04:48:32 pm
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/867858711397773312

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/867859003241574400

Ha! Maybe he could do like in the movie Caddyshack when they opened up the pool for 30 min for the caddies.  He could open beer sales up to us "caddies" in the cheap seats

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

twistitup

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-beer-sales-tiger-stadium-2017

"The goal is to do it for our fans who don't have access to the premium areas," Ballard said.

LSU understanders the average fan...

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on May 31, 2017, 06:48:59 am
https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-beer-sales-tiger-stadium-2017

"The goal is to do it for our fans who don't have access to the premium areas," Ballard said.

LSU understanders the average fan...

All their fans are average.......

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 30, 2017, 05:54:51 pm
Yep because that is what happens at every stadium that sells alcohol.....

I was joking but just to enlighten me, how many stadiums have guns allowed and alcohol sales?   

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2017, 07:03:31 am
All their fans are average.......

Im just a common fan, want my beer garden band, and I aint got a gun on me...

(To the tune of Conlee- Common Man)

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on May 31, 2017, 08:26:08 am
Im just a common fan, want my beer garden band, and I aint got a gun on me...

(To the tune of Conlee- Common Man)

Only if you promise to view all Razorback sports thru Rose Colored Glasses......

BigSexyHog

Good.  Keep alcohol out of the stadium.  Already way to much at tailgating before the game.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Porked Tongue

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 31, 2017, 11:48:20 am
Good.  Keep alcohol out of the stadium.  Already way to much at tailgating before the game.
Define  "to much".