Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RackJobber

Gruden makes or will make 4.3 Million per year from what I understand. 

vol_in_ar

Quote from: RackJobber on April 15, 2012, 06:56:10 pm

I think that seals the deal on whether he would come to Arkansas or not

HF#1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 15, 2012, 06:55:48 pm
And with his QB specials where he is critiquing Heisman winners and finalists, every big time HS QB in the nation knows who he is as well. I'm not sure how he would do at Arkansas...I hope he would do very well, but I know he would be very impressive in the living rooms of prospects/recruits.

Even if he can't coach a lick which we all know isn't the case, the talent he would attract would promise us 10 wins... 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Trav34 on April 15, 2012, 07:07:46 pm
I hope youre right.  Maybe if we are lucky we can talk dooley into coming to Fayetteville.  He's the tits.

you can have him

str8volfan

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: vol_in_il on April 15, 2012, 07:00:02 pm
I think that seals the deal on whether he would come to Arkansas or not
fella, we have right at 10 alumni who consider 4.3 million dollars "walking around money"....like I said, paying Gruden 6 million per year would initially have people thinking, "has the U of ARK gone mad paying coach that much money ?" but the same thing was said about Nick Saban in 2007 and Alabama is enjoying a windfall of profits because of Saban making that investment WELL WORTH IT.....same for ARK and GRUDEN
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

str8volfan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 15, 2012, 07:23:38 pm
fella, we have right at 10 alumni who consider 4.3 million dollars "walking around money"....like I said, paying Gruden 6 million per year would initially have people thinking, "has the U of ARK gone mad paying coach that much money ?" but the same thing was said about Nick Saban in 2007 and Alabama is enjoying a windfall of profits because of Saban making that investment WELL WORTH IT.....same for ARK and GRUDEN
you are being silly now.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 15, 2012, 07:23:38 pm

it's not about the deep pockets of the Walton clan up the street, or Stephens down in Little Rock being able to pay...it's getting Gruden to say yes

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: str8volfan on April 15, 2012, 07:24:31 pm
you are being silly now.
not at all....the UA boasts at least 6 billionaire boosters....how do you think we are building a 40 million dollar football operations facility on top of other huge improvements to the program ?  not a single dollar of it comes from the state...as far as having dollar bills, the UA makes UT look like servants quarters

Hogsnort

Whether it helps or not, we're fortunate to have John Daly in our corner. I can't help but like the guy.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hogsnort on April 15, 2012, 07:29:10 pm
Whether it helps or not, we're fortunate to have John Daly in our corner. I can't help but like the guy.
Daly would NOT tweet about wanting to hire Gruden without first getting in touch with him....now, IN NO WAY, am I saying that Daly is acting as some type of liaison between Long and Gruden, but that I'll bet that Daly has spoken to Gruden to get his permission to tweet that line....that's just not something you joke about.....I have a feeling that Gruden may well be interested in kicking Saban and Leslie Miles' ass

Smokehouse

Quote from: justin2000m80 on April 15, 2012, 04:58:47 pm
Maybe JD could give him some pants and memberships to his golf courses. lol

Jessica Dorrell? I think taking coaches pants is more her forte.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smokehouse

Quote from: RackJobber on April 15, 2012, 06:56:10 pm

THIS IS NOT CORRECT.

The terms of his contract are undisclosed. We have no idea what Gruden is making. 4.3 is seriously something someone in a thread pulled out of their ass and now it gets brought up 30 times a day. Most successful troll stunt ever.

It could be 4.3, it could be 2, it could be a billion. We don't know.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

PositronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 15, 2012, 06:55:48 pm
And with his QB specials where he is critiquing Heisman winners and finalists, every big time HS QB in the nation knows who he is as well. I'm not sure how he would do at Arkansas...I hope he would do very well, but I know he would be very impressive in the living rooms of prospects/recruits.

This plus that Big'ol Super Bowl ring on his hand I 'm sure won't hurt any either in said living rooms.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 15, 2012, 07:33:55 pm
Daly would NOT tweet about wanting to hire Gruden without first getting in touch with him....now, IN NO WAY, am I saying that Daly is acting as some type of liaison between Long and Gruden, but that I'll bet that Daly has spoken to Gruden to get his permission to tweet that line....that's just not something you joke about.....I have a feeling that Gruden may well be interested in kicking Saban and Leslie Miles' ass

I believe that I saw where Gruden has said that he and Daly have talked about it, but that he has had no contact from Arkansas.
Go Hogs Go!

Jamie Jones

Quote from: hogfan#1 on April 15, 2012, 07:08:34 pm
Even if he can't coach a lick which we all know isn't the case, the talent he would attract would promise us 10 wins...
Exactly...see Les Miles.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: str8volfan on April 15, 2012, 07:37:08 pm
you are right, everything about Arky's football program is and always has been head and shoulders above UT's.

*snickers*
And if Jeff Long pulls off this hire, you, your fellow fans, AND Dooley will sh** your collective pants.

*snickers*
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

str8volfan

Quote from: jhawg2009 on April 15, 2012, 07:49:46 pm
And if Jeff Long pulls off this hire, you, your fellow fans, AND Dooley will sh** your collective pants.

*snickers*
why is that. please explain?

1longshot

Quote from: nonamer66 on April 15, 2012, 03:53:13 pm
I'm not bashing Jon Gruden. I like both of these coaches, but I worry that if they are hired for this season it would spell trouble for us. The players want things to remain the same this year. I'll take either one of those coaches for next season.

so you hire and say all we expect for you to do is recruit till after this season

str8volfan

Quote from: vol_in_il on April 15, 2012, 08:04:23 pm
have those dollars led to an SEC Championship or any type of title?

Triple T

Quote from: vol_in_il on April 15, 2012, 08:04:23 pm
have those dollars led to an SEC Championship or any type of title?
Well, considering your program hasn't been relevant in 10 years and our win total from last season is more than your pathetic program could accumulate in two years.

We're on the rise, UT is in a freefall. You're exactly like our basketball program, haven't been relevant since the 90s.

str8volfan

Quote from: Triple T on April 15, 2012, 08:09:28 pm
Well, considering your program hasn't been relevant in 10 years and our win total from last season is more than your pathetic program could accumulate in two years.

We're on the rise, UT is in a freefall. You're exactly like our basketball program, haven't been relevant since the 90s.
um, we have been in the SECCG since Arky has.

nonamer66

I did some digging and found this http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-tv-contract-blocked-jon-gruden-from-taking-miami-job/
After a three day circus of rumors and speculation it turns out that Jon Gruden will not be the next head coach of the University of Miami.

The University was unable to reach a buyout agreement with ESPN for Gruden's current contract as a member of the Monday Night Football broadcast crew according to Lake Lewis of the Sports Journey Broadcast Network.

"I was told a buyout could not be reached in Gruden going to Miami," Lewis posted on Twitter.

It was reported by multiple sources earlier Wednesday, including Lewis, that a deal was all but in place for Gruden that would pay him $17.1 million over four years.

Also reportedly in place were deals to make Jay Gruden the offensive coordinator and Jim Leavitt the defensive coordinator. Those too will not come to pass.

Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen is now believed to be the front-runner.

if Miami could not do it how can little ol arkansas. There is no way Gruden will coach here because the new contract he just signed goes into affect this Sept for a 5 year extension.

We need to stop day dreaming over this guy because he just likes the attention he gets for himself oh and espn likes it too.

WilsonHog

I think there is roughly the same chance of getting either one of these guys as there is monkeys flying out of my ass, but since everyone wants to talk about them....cast your vote.

nonamer66

Mr. Porkleone

Hog Waller

How about a choice of 'either one -doesn't matter, both would be bigtime'?

strawhog

BloodRedHog

Easy one....both big names, but one has proven success in college
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

mbgrulz

Quote from: nonamer66 on April 15, 2012, 08:11:06 pm
I did some digging and found this http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-tv-contract-blocked-jon-gruden-from-taking-miami-job/
if Miami could not do it how can little ol arkansas. There is no way Gruden will coach here because the new contract he just signed goes into affect this Sept for a 5 year extension.

We need to stop day dreaming over this guy because he just likes the attention he gets for himself oh and espn likes it too.

I agree that Gruden is a pipe dream, but Miami ain't what it used to be.

aycer

arkansasbred

Pete has proven it on the college level, not every NFL coach can transition to the college game. Although, I believe Gruden could.

ATLHog

You should've made monkeys out of your a$$ option 3

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Triple T on April 15, 2012, 08:09:28 pm

you were on the rise, till Petrino got a rise in his pants...now it's all dependent on who Long can hire

PositronHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 15, 2012, 08:12:09 pm
I think there is roughly the same chance of getting either one of these guys as there is monkeys flying out of my ass, but since everyone wants to talk about them....cast your vote.
Why can't you vote for both?

johnny cash

mmhogs17

He didn't go to Miami because they didn't meet his demands.

superior_wang

id LOVE  Pete to  come here, but i cant for the life of me see  him choosing to come here He's west coast , he makes alot more $$ than we can give him, and there are ZERO expectations at seattle.  Again, id love PC but "it dont make no sense" as they say in Bradley county.

Marshfieldhog

One for coach and another to take dorrell's place that way we don't have anymore hanky panky stuff going on

PositronHog

Dude, you better hope for your A$$'$ sake neither gets hired, LOL.

Cure

Miami's pockets aren't as deep as Arkansas'.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

BloodRedHog

hmmm.....would Jon insist on hiring Jay as his OC or would he keep PP through Dec?

LR Hog

What is wrong with dreaming???
Like a boss.

kingofdequeen

Pete Carroll 9 times out of 8.

anyone picking Gruden is out of their ever-loving mind

Danny J

I thought I read somewhere that he signed a new contract but it doesn't go into effect until september. Anybody know the details?

BloodRedHog

OK, so did John L Smith coach Jon's brother, Jay, at Louisville? Any significance to that?

Catfish Joe

Gruden.

Carroll is A LOT older and aint got the bling that Chucky has.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

WayneHawg

Jim Leavitt is not a pipe dream and would make a very good coach.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Cure on April 15, 2012, 08:18:58 pm
Miami's pockets aren't as deep as Arkansas'.

i'm not sure this is correct.