Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spa City Razorback Club dinner

Started by JFHWGBKRIII, March 03, 2009, 08:19:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JFHWGBKRIII

We will have the annual dinner at Lakeside High School cafeteria this coming Thursday night, March 5 at 6PM.
Coach Petrino is guest of honor.
Cost is $20 per and it should be well attended.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: JFHWGBKRIII on March 03, 2009, 08:19:37 am
We will have the annual dinner at Lakeside High School cafeteria this coming Thursday night, March 5 at 6PM.
Coach Petrino is guest of honor.
Cost is $20 per and it should be well attended.

NM
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

sauce

March 04, 2009, 08:51:13 am #2 Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:56:21 am by sauce
I'm going to my first razorback club meeting in Hot Springs and would like to know what to expect.
How long does Petrino generally speak? 
Will they open it up to Q&A?
Do you think me and CBP will be facebook friends ???

Devil_Dog

i do believe at the end u can ask questions

Table Rocker

He speaks, answers some questions, poses for pictures and signs autographs. Don't be scared.

kingoftherapids

I'll be there too Sauce. Should be a good time!

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Table Rocker

Someone ask bp if he reads hogville

JFHWGBKRIII

I don't know about Lanny, but who does?
I hope someone with good ears is there and posts the activities.
I go to show my love for the hogs and respect for the foundation and coaches.

sauce

Thanks I will be sure to bring my camera.

Burt B.

Burt B.

Hawgrox

Do you have to be a member of the Razorback Club to attend? If so...I need to join. Please advise...

trippigs

Hi Snuff.....I belong to the Spa City Razorback Club (SCRC) and as such received a banquet announcement which indicates where one can purchase tickets.  So, the function is not just for SCRC members. I bet you can purchase a ticket at the door if they are not sold out. Hope this helps and maybe others with more precise info will respond as well. Looking forward to hearing Coach in person for the first time.

Burt B.

Thanks twinpigs. I live not over 2 miles from Lakeside. If I can get off work in time, I am going to try and buy a ticket at the door.

Hawgrox

Quote from: Snuff on March 04, 2009, 07:58:53 pm
Thanks twinpigs. I live not over 2 miles from Lakeside. If I can get off work in time, I am going to try and buy a ticket at the door.

I'll be there!

YeeeeHawg

I will be there too, does the spacity razorback club have a website, contact number, etc? Would like to join. Thanks

Ashley

i hope to be there, still trying to talk the husband into going...

we need a super secret hogville code so that we know who the cool people are, also this will be my first attendance, what is the normal dress code, business casual?
"I see no problems between us that could not be solved by your departure." Mark Twain

trippigs

The main number for the Spa City Razorback Club is 501-623-3800 which is also the primary number for a club officer's business. The mail address is P. O. Box 21284 ; Hot Springs,AR ; 71903-1284. I don't think there is a dedicated club website. Please join up and support the HOGS!

kingoftherapids

Quote from: Snuff on March 04, 2009, 07:58:53 pm
Snuff i live right down off of lakeside road in eastgate 1. where do u live?

hoggystyle78

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Ashley on March 04, 2009, 09:30:57 pm

we need a super secret hogville code so that we know who the cool people are, also this will be my first attendance, what is the normal dress code, business casual?
wait.....you're trying to convince your husband to go?

this has to be the first time i've ever heard this statement made in relation to football.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Burt B.

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 04, 2009, 10:08:54 pm
Snuff i live right down off of lakeside road in eastgate 1. where do u live?

Off Lakeside road on High Meadow Loop. We are close.

kingoftherapids

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on March 05, 2009, 12:56:41 pm
wait.....you're trying to convince your husband to go?

this has to be the first time i've ever heard this statement made in relation to football.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I don't know what to think of your husband now.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 05, 2009, 01:51:55 pm
I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I don't know what to think of your husband now.
someone needs to tell him he's one of the luckiest men in the state.  my fiance will begrudgingly go to razorback stuff with me.  she's a texass fan.   :puke:

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on March 05, 2009, 01:56:34 pm
someone needs to tell him he's one of the luckiest men in the state.  my fiance will begrudgingly go to razorback stuff with me.  she's a texass fan.   :puke:

Glad I'm not alone.  Married to a texass alum (spit) myself.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on March 05, 2009, 02:02:52 pm
Glad I'm not alone.  Married to a texass alum (spit) myself.
i feel for ya, brutha.

i'll convert her yet.  we're moving to nwa next year and i told her she WILL be wearing a pig hat at games. :D

trippigs

Just spoke with a Club representative and ticket sales have been brisk....something on the order of 350 sold. They plan on having a limited number of tickets for sale at the door. Don't forget this is a banquet so dinner is served. Lets make a strong show of support for Coach Petrino.

Kenny Hawgins

trippigs

Don't know. They planned on having ~10% of capacity available at the door.

Porkette

Quote from: Ashley on March 04, 2009, 09:30:57 pm

In my extended family of Razorback fans, the women (myself, my mom, and my aunt) are by far the most enthusiastic and knowledgable hog fans. Much bigger fans than the guys except for one 12-year-old nephew who loves sports. Not sure why it turned out this way, but I'm rather proud of it.  :)
GO HOGS GO!

Brewhahog

I am attending!!

I also work for Wilson Auctioneers, Inc. out of Hot Springs.  We are selling a few items to raise money for the Spa City Razorback Club.

We have also donated a nice rod iron razorback gate that will be sold tonight.

DAB

JFHWGBKRIII

Just back from the do and we did have 400+ there.
I wish I could hear so I could report.
CoachesSummers and Petrino got rousing reviews.
I hope some of the attendees get on and expand on the content.

want2be

Quote from: JFHWGBKRIII on March 05, 2009, 09:13:53 pm
Just back from the do and we did have 400+ there.
I wish I could hear so I could report.
CoachesSummers and Petrino got rousing reviews.
I hope some of the attendees get on and expand on the content.

Just wandering, why can't your hear? Can you give us a visual ?

trippigs

March 05, 2009, 09:56:48 pm #34 Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:21:36 am by twinpigs
JHWGBKR111 bless your heart....wish you had sat closer to a loudspeaker so you could have heard better. However, I imagine you did sense the excitement in the room as it was electric. Coach answered Chuck Barrett's questions and then took questions from the audience for a total of ~45 minutes. Highlights for me:  his comment that he LOVES a big running back; he was very surprised with the high quality of AR high school football; loves getting the best home grown players and wishes we had more population to chose from; kids this year are focusing on getting better where last year they focused on surviving; his mantra is to outwork the competition; quarterback competition between Mallett, Youngblood and Wilson will be heated; he and his family love Arkansas; Arkansas is unique in that everyone is a Hog fan even though they may also support other teams; he like to wear kids out in practice to see how they respond and think under stress;  very proud of this years recruiting; you have to beat other schools in  recruiting before you beat them on the field; real excited about the new special teams coach with whom he has a long history; looking forward to playing TAM in Dallas and considers it a home game; has lofty goals and plans on competing for SEC and National Championships.  I guess I could go on and on but Coach is one passionate, informed, organized and confident guy. I am fortunate to work with some very good leaders and recognize an exceptional one...Petrino is just that.

YeeeeHawg

Man I attended, it was great, Coach Summers was just as impressive ah to a point as Coach P. I'm ready for some football now. Let me know any specific areas you want to hear about what they said and I will try to expand. I've attended razorback club meeting in other cities before but I can tell you we have the real deal on the hill!!!  :razorback:

YeeeeHawg

One interesting point from Coach P. is when he describes two different influences on his coaching discipline and philosophy. The first was D. Wayne Lucas' training style- precision, no talking, total focus, total effort, etc. that he watched while at UofL. The second was when he had to go to work early in age and worked for a real hands on boss that taught him to show and spend time with everyone in your organization to show that everyone's job is as important as the next. Excellent work ethic, you can see his passion.

YeeeeHawg

Coach Petrino really talked up some D returners and a couple of impact newcomers. He has high expectations for Crim and Leon. I didn't know Leon was Florida's Mr. Basketball as a senior, WOW! Watch out for Sheppard, A. Davis, and Bequette.

JFHWGBKRIII

Thanks for the expansions. The reactions from the crowd showed me he was into the program.  Listening intently and rowdy when he made a point.  The hog calls were loud!!

Want2be, the ears have gone steadily since the "tender" age of 10 (a while back, 1952!!)when I had the German measles bad.  Since I do not work well on the phone, I do not have a cell to take pix.
Thanks for asking.

Hawgrox

I didn't get to make it. Sounds like I missed a good time. Thanks to all for the updates!

sauce

I asked a question about the o-line and expected to get the usual "coach speak" answer.  He actually answered the question in depth.  Much more than what I could have hoped for. 

Grayson and Oxner are going to battle it out at center.  Petrus should be in the mix to start again.  Matt Hall is looking really good.  I wish I could remember more of his answer I thought it was great.

pcinhotsprings

It was a very good time. Coach Petrino also talked highly about his running backs. Said Smith was very good but they had to use him too much last year. He would like to have 3 or 4 backs and just go with the hot one until they were nicked and put in the next hot back. The 1st question asked about Broderick Green- He smiled a big smile and said 6'2 240 pounds. Said he is the big back. Coaches were impressed what someone his size can do. Said last year he did not think the Mallett appeal would go through, but with Broderick he thinks we have a chance. Said there is precedence in that area. Also said Knile is doing well. Wants to do everything he does perfectly. Graduated high school early so a young player they want to make sure doesn't get homesick. Said Wingo is a big back but he can make coaching easy. Can put it in another gear and go 60 yards. Makes a coaches life easy because he does not have to call so many plays.
Talked highly of coach Smith. Said Coach Smith practically raised him as a coach. Even when Smith was a head coach he always handled the special teams and did it well.
Mentioned we have lost 2 coaches to another sec school. He was in Nashville at coaches meeting during the last exit. He wanted to ask Coach Smith if he was interested in coming aboard . They met for breakfast and Coach Smith brought it up to him.
A very good meeting. The coaches love how the whole state are hog fans. Enjoyed coming to hot Springs- the car picked them up at the airport and took them right over to Oaklawn. Had a great time there and they all said they contributed a bit to the Hot Springs economy. D Wayne Lucas, a good friend from while he was coaching at Louisville was in attendance. Petrino introduced him and asked him to stand to be acknowledged. A very good night to get fired up about football months before the season. A great crowd too.

Sivad

Thanks for all the fine re-caps.
Exciting times to be a Razorback fan with professionals like Petrino and his staff in charge.

want2be

Quote from: sauce on March 06, 2009, 09:44:38 am
I asked a question about the o-line and expected to get the usual "coach speak" answer.  He actually answered the question in depth.  Much more than what I could have hoped for. 

Grayson and Oxner are going to battle it out at center.  Petrus should be in the mix to start again.  Matt Hall is looking really good.  I wish I could remember more of his answer I thought it was great.

Did he mention how improved he thought the Oline would be in pass blocking and he did he refer to not having the number of sacks we sustained last year. These will be keys to this offense working well next year

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: twinpigs on March 05, 2009, 09:56:48 pm
Coach answered..........he and his family love Arkansas;
It is mutual.

YeeeeHawg

Quote from: want2be on March 07, 2009, 09:47:48 am

Did he mention how improved he thought the Oline would be in pass blocking and he did he refer to not having the number of sacks we sustained last year. These will be keys to this offense working well next year

Both Coach Petrino and Coach Summers spoke about the Oline, Summers talked about the growing leadedrship and attitude of Oline, saying this group wants to put the whole team on their back and carry them to a championship. Really talked about the gains of on campus linemen and talked about newcomers ability to control and use their impressive size strength to dominate the best Dlines in the country. Said they want to be most physical Oline in the country, and are on their way, should average between 315-320 lbs. across the line, with a bad attitude. Coach Petrino talked about Grayson and Oxner competing for center with Petrus and Cook at guards. D. Love moving to tackle, Matt Hall now 6'9" 330lbs. maybe contributing ahead of predicted time frame, and addressed better pass blocking with less attention being put on schemes and more on individual improvement. Talked about wanting to see who mashes the hardest in spring ball, who hits the hardest and said we will find out soon!

YeeeeHawg

Coach Petrino also talked about getting the numbers up saying he wants to carry 16 schollie Oline and now has about 10 so staying healthy important. I believe we had about 6 Oline signed in this class so that should give us about what he wants to keep on scholarship.

want2be

Quote from: YeeeeHawg on March 07, 2009, 12:08:44 pm
Both Coach Petrino and Coach Summers spoke about the Oline, Summers talked about the growing leadedrship and attitude of Oline, saying this group wants to put the whole team on their back and carry them to a championship. Really talked about the gains of on campus linemen and talked about newcomers ability to control and use their impressive size strength to dominate the best Dlines in the country. Said they want to be most physical Oline in the country, and are on their way, should average between 315-320 lbs. across the line, with a bad attitude. Coach Petrino talked about Grayson and Oxner competing for center with Petrus and Cook at guards. D. Love moving to tackle, Matt Hall now 6'9" 330lbs. maybe contributing ahead of predicted time frame, and addressed better pass blocking with less attention being put on schemes and more on individual improvement. Talked about wanting to see who mashes the hardest in spring ball, who hits the hardest and said we will find out soon!

Thanks, I like the comment on pass blocking......you can not coach fundamentals too much.......once they get it down they won't have to think.