Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Does Everyone Always Bash on Nutt?

Started by Wolfhound05, August 07, 2006, 08:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsNbeer

Quote from: LedZepHog on August 07, 2006, 08:19:35 pm
Quote from: Wolfhound05 on August 07, 2006, 08:03:17 pm
Last time I checked he took us to 6 straight bowl games.  I realize there were no BCS Bowls, but it is a lot more than we can say about Danny Ford.  I have no problem with Nutt, my only gripe about him was that he couldn't call plays worth crap.  But that has been taken care off since Malzahan got hired.  Yes there are better coaches in the world, but I have never seen someone motivate a team like him.  And besides I don't see any of you guys coaching a college football program.  So if you haters seriously think that you could do better than why aren't you coaching a D1 program?

Coach Nutt...is that you?

I think it's RICK " SUNSHINE PUMPER" Schaeffer

GuvHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 08, 2006, 09:44:39 am
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 08, 2006, 09:39:29 am
Quote from: uglyuncle on August 07, 2006, 09:25:03 pm
Quote from: northsideHog03 on August 07, 2006, 09:22:20 pm
Quote from: WindyCityHog on August 07, 2006, 08:14:10 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on August 07, 2006, 08:10:03 pm
Responses to this post will go one of two ways, hopefully everyone will just lay off of you, since you havent posted often........whether people are  pro Dale or con Dale everyone  prefers to see posts that are not full of sentences that havent already been used a million times on here ...........and practically word for word.......hate to tell you but posting that is about like wearing a leisure suit, its just wrong..........

What he said.

HDN deserves every bit of flack he takes on this message board and others.

If the Hogs were to go 13-0, he'd get all the accolades.....4-7 last year?

Deserved.

People here won't give Nutt much credit.  They will say it's all because of Malzahn, Wood, and Herring.

And we would be right.

Why would he suddenly be good after 8 years?  Because of the forced hires.

Man, I get sucked into these threads every time!  What can I say...I hate ignoring wrong thinking.

Why would he suddenly be good after 8 years?
Because he's finally doing what he should have done 8 years ago.

Forced Hires? Well, you're half right.
I've just recently been told that Hiring GM as recievers coach was H. Nutt's Idea, but
making him OC was Franks Idea. I think AW was a little of both.

Didn't say it was fact, just what I heard.

You have a ton of credibility on here so I am glad you told us "just what you heard".

You're right, I'm not stating anything as fact unless I can back it up with proof.
That's one lesson I've learned well on this board.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 08, 2006, 09:50:04 am
Responses to this post will go one of two ways, hopefully everyone will just lay off of you, since you havent posted often........whether people are  pro Dale or con Dale everyone  prefers to see posts that are not full of sentences that havent already been used a million times on here ...........and practically word for word.......hate to tell you but posting that is about like wearing a leisure suit, its just wrong..........

What he said.

Deserved.

People here won't give Nutt much credit.  They will say it's all because of Malzahn, Wood, and Herring.

And we would be right.

Man, I get sucked into these threads every time!  What can I say...I hate ignoring wrong thinking.

I've just recently been told that Hiring GM as recievers coach was H. Nutt's Idea, but

You have a ton of credibility on here so I am glad you told us "just what you heard".

You're right, I'm not stating anything as fact unless I can back it up with proof.

You did state something fact Guvy.  You said someone told you Gus was hired by Dale to be the reciever's coach.  Which is true a couple years a go.  He wasn't hired to be the OC for 06/07 season.  That is my opinion but not a guess.

pikehog

Last time I checked we had back to back losing seasons and a coach who can't be honest with players or fans. We also have a coach who refuses to fire his "boys" aka Murray State Mafia and simply shifts them around in the program.

Just a few of the reasons...

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on August 08, 2006, 09:54:35 am
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 08, 2006, 09:50:04 am

What he said.

Deserved.

And we would be right.

You did state something fact Guvy.  You said someone told you Gus was hired by Dale to be the reciever's coach.  Which is true a couple years a go.  He wasn't hired to be the OC for 06/07 season.  That is my opinion but not a guess.

You're correct, It's a fact that someone made that statement to me.
As for the statement itsself, I have no idea wether it's true or not.
I only know what I was told.

pikehog

"Why would he suddenly be good after 8 years?

Didn't say it was fact, just what I heard."

I heard the MM pisses excellence.

Didn't say it was a fact, just what I heard.

GuvHog

Quote from: pikehog on August 08, 2006, 10:07:17 am

That's right PikeHog, Go ahead and make fun of me.
Neither you or anyone else can prove for sure that the GM & AW hires were forced,
nor can I prove otherwise. Even Mike irwin stated that it was strongly suggested to
H. Nutt that he make GM the OC, That's a far cry from being forced.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 08, 2006, 10:20:19 am

Neither you or anyone else can prove for sure that the GM & AW hires were forced,
nor can I prove otherwise. Even Mike irwin stated that it was strongly suggested to

Mike could strongly suggest to you that you not bring up HDN's name anymore at the risk of being banned from this site.  Did he say he was going to ban you?  Nope, he just suggested it could happen, but I bet you would lay off.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PulledPork

Theolesnort

Good grief, can't we now start talking football and leave off the bashing and defending? I had my say last winter about Nutt and I am letting it go for now. I am almost sure that I will have fresh ammunition to start up once again after the season starts but right now is not the time. It is the preseason at the moment and we are undefeated (also at the moment). What concerns me at this time is the perceived notion that some of the coaches are not working as hard as they should in the recruiting part of their jobs. If true this will reflect badly on Nutt just as other parts of the job does at times. But as I said this is also perceived right now and February will tell the tell just as December will revel the success or lack there of, of the season. At the moment I am almost cautiously optimistic. A average to bad season and I will get nasty again but I am minding my P's and Q's for now.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Wolfhound05

You guys can smite me all day long, but I will still defend him.  I've seen the point that I haven't been a member very long, that makes it sound if I am not a huge Razorback fan, which is incorrect.  Just because I haven't been a member very long doesn't mean I have been a long time reader, etc.  Yes I would love to see the program reach the goal as being one of the elite teams in the country and I believe that now we are on the way.  Nutt told you that the last two years were going to be hard, I just don't know if you listened...

Woo Pig Sooie!!

Pork Twain

Some people just cannot move on.  In the blue corner we have HiM and Swino and in the red coner we have Guv....  Ding, ding, ding...

There should be a board down there under the Tavern for Nutt discussions, both good and bad.  Keep this board free of dead horse beating...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Richard_white

Quote from: Wolfhound05 on August 08, 2006, 10:28:40 am
You guys can smite me all day long, but I will still defend him.  I've seen the point that I haven't been a member very long, that makes it sound if I am not a huge Razorback fan, which is incorrect.  Just because I haven't been a member very long doesn't mean I have been a long time reader, etc.  Yes I would love to see the program reach the goal as being one of the elite teams in the country and I believe that now we are on the way.  Nutt told you that the last two years were going to be hard, I just don't know if you listened...

Woo Pig Sooie!!

He said that it's going to be tough for 2 years?  Yes I am sure a lot of HC would get away with that.  WE ARE ARKANSAS!  I am sure Coach Stoops will use the same excuse for a few years.  My last gripe for the day.  +1 for you for being optimistic.

GuvHog

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 08, 2006, 10:30:57 am
Some people just cannot move on.  In the blue corner we have HiM and Swino and in the red coner we have Guv....  Ding, ding, ding...

There should be a board down there under the Tavern for Nutt discussions, both good and bad.  Keep this board free of dead horse beating...

That was wolfhound05, not me. I've made my point and I'm moving on.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Richard_white on August 08, 2006, 10:34:29 am

Woo Pig Sooie!!

He said that it's going to be tough for 2 years?  Yes I am sure a lot of HC would get away with that.  WE ARE ARKANSAS!  I am sure Coach Stoops will use the same excuse for a few years.  My last gripe for the day.  +1 for you for being optimistic.

Point of correction...  JFB was the one that first came out publicly and said it was going to be a rough couple of years and he was glad HDN was staying.  I wish he would have never said those words.

Pork Twain

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on August 08, 2006, 10:39:52 am
Can this be stickied for..lets say...till Nutt is gone so we dont have to continue explaining this every 2 months?

Heck..we have a Paul Eells memorial board..can we get a Bash HDN board?
Don't be trying to steal my idea...  Let's just call it "Nutts & Bolts" and we can put all the sunshine and darkness there.

Richard_white

Can this be stickied for..lets say...till Nutt is gone so we dont have to continue explaining this every 2 months?

No.  We wouldn't have time for it with all this bait and catch threads that are created by Dale supporters.

EastexHawg

Nutt told you that the last two years were going to be hard, I just don't know if you listened...

I'm about to go in and tell my boss that my production is going to suck the next two years...and that I need a raise.

Wish me luck!!!

(BTW...I don't make $1.5 million per year)

Swino

Dale has polarized Hog fans like no other coach before.  There are a great deal of hog fans that truely dispise him.  It seems to me that the more you know about football and more importantly, can get some kind of accurate information about the U of A, the more likely you are to not like Dale. 

I think he is a dirtbag.

Hogblog

Quote from: Wolfhound05 on August 07, 2006, 08:03:17 pm
Last time I checked he took us to 6 straight bowl games.  I realize there were no BCS Bowls, but it is a lot more than we can say about Danny Ford.  I have no problem with Nutt, my only gripe about him was that he couldn't call plays worth crap.  But that has been taken care off since Malzahan got hired.  Yes there are better coaches in the world, but I have never seen someone motivate a team like him.  And besides I don't see any of you guys coaching a college football program.  So if you haters seriously think that you could do better than why aren't you coaching a D1 program?

4th down on your own 29 yard line in the first series of the game and Numb Nutts goes for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more??????????????????????

Pork Twain

Quote from: Richard_white on August 08, 2006, 10:42:15 am

No.  We wouldn't have time for it with all this bait and catch threads that are created by Dale supporters.
Let's be real here...  There are a lot more threads that start off, "_________ Nutt, but ________"  It gets old from both sides.

wishyjoshy

Quote from: silvertip on August 07, 2006, 08:52:18 pm
the Nutt-bashing has slowed way down.

It is the quite before the storm.  I, like notshavin, think that there is no way he has turned a corner and is now going to be the CEO-type of coach.  But, I have to give him a chance to do it.  The minute that he pulls some his his patented HDN BS, this board will be lit up like the 4th of July.

You guys can smite me all day long, but I will still defend him. . . Nutt told you that the last two years were going to be hard, I just don't know if you listened...

Same ol' song and dance.  Unquestioning loyalty and support for the Nuttster.  That is always the way to go. 
I have a radio, I heard what he said, "I called that play brutha!"  I also have a TV, so I have seen him in action.

LoHog

I think the reason people bash Nutt is because his ego is the size of RRS and the fact that everything he says has to have the used car salesman pitch to it. That crap gets old.

Richard_white

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 08, 2006, 10:45:26 am

Let's be real here...  There are a lot more threads that start off, "_________ Nutt, but ________"  It gets old from both sides.

Let's do a poll on what threads are being posted the most.  Would it be Rah Rah Rah Dale is the man or would it be Dale needs to go.  (sarcasm)

Pork Twain

Quote from: Richard_white on August 08, 2006, 10:50:34 am

Let's do a poll on what threads are being posted the most.  Would it be Rah Rah Rah Dale is the man or would it be Dale needs to go.  (sarcasm)

I think you might be living in denile...

Richard_white

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 08, 2006, 10:52:39 am

No. I am getting the impression you are disagreeing with me.  As I stated numerous of times , it's my opinion but not a guess.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Richard_white on August 08, 2006, 10:58:30 am

No. I am getting the impression you are disagreeing with me.  As I stated numerous of times , it's my opinion but not a guess.
Lets just look at the first page on this board.  HiM has already bashed in two seprate threads.

FYI a poll can be scewed but you can just go back nad count them and that cannot be scewed.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=67284.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=67252.0
and I am not even going to start on the number of threads that have been highjacked.  The point I think many of us can agree on is that it gets just as old hearing about it from either side.

Conway Cool Daddy

My foot hurts. Is this horse dead yet?
I think I dislocated my toe.

Richard_white

Thanks for the links.  But since you threw out HIM and Swino for bashing Dale, I thought you forgot to mention the creator of this thread.  Time for a sandwich and a cold one and to watch Arkansas vs Vegas in the vegas bowl.

Pork Twain

Damn...  I have been sucked in again.  The only way to make the HDN darn go away is for all of us that are tired of hearing his name to stop replying to the posts.  I am doing great so far.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Richard_white on August 08, 2006, 11:08:18 am
Thanks for the links.  But since you threw out HIM and Swino for bashing Dale, I thought you forgot to mention the creator of this thread.  Time for a sandwich and a cold one and to watch Arkansas vs Vegas in the vegas bowl.
I said it happens from both sides...

pikehog

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 08, 2006, 10:20:19 am

Guv-

Here in the real world when your boss "strongly suggests" you do something, you better do it, otherwise you will be looking for a new job.

You can jump on the Nuttbus all you want, but his track record speaks for itself. His refusal to fire the Murray State Mafia and simply switch them to new jobs ranks high on the list of reasons he is unfit for his job.

Also I  heard that DW can eat thunder and crap lightening, not saying it's true, just that I heard it.

pikehog

Isn't that a river in Eygpt?

Richard_white

combatchuck

Wolfhound05

PulledPork

Quote from: Richard_white on August 08, 2006, 10:34:29 am
You guys can smite me all day long, but I will still defend him.  I've seen the point that I haven't been a member very long, that makes it sound if I am not a huge Razorback fan, which is incorrect.  Just because I haven't been a member very long doesn't mean I have been a long time reader, etc.  Yes I would love to see the program reach the goal as being one of the elite teams in the country and I believe that now we are on the way.  Nutt told you that the last two years were going to be hard, I just don't know if you listened...

Woo Pig Sooie!!

you mean nOclUe fans still have expectations after this Bomar incident? <sarcasm>

Pulled out....

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 08, 2006, 11:08:35 am
Damn...  I have been sucked in again.  The only way to make the HDN Shiite go away is for all of us that are tired of hearing his name to stop replying to the posts.  I am doing great so far.

No, you are wrong. The only way to make the HDN darn go away is for HDN to go away...or have a winning season in the SEC. I bet we'll see the former before we see the latter.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Are you accusing him of living on the banks of the longest river in the world, stretching north for approximately 4,000 miles from East Africa to the Mediterranean?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07