Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Does Everyone Always Bash on Nutt?

Started by Wolfhound05, August 07, 2006, 08:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfhound05

Last time I checked he took us to 6 straight bowl games.  I realize there were no BCS Bowls, but it is a lot more than we can say about Danny Ford.  I have no problem with Nutt, my only gripe about him was that he couldn't call plays worth crap.  But that has been taken care off since Malzahan got hired.  Yes there are better coaches in the world, but I have never seen someone motivate a team like him.  And besides I don't see any of you guys coaching a college football program.  So if you haters seriously think that you could do better than why aren't you coaching a D1 program?

hogman64

Responses to this post will go one of two ways, hopefully everyone will just lay off of you, since you havent posted often........whether people are  pro Dale or con Dale everyone  prefers to see posts that are not full of sentences that havent already been used a million times on here ...........and practically word for word.......hate to tell you but posting that is about like wearing a leisure suit, its just wrong..........

WindyCityHog

Quote from: hogman64 on August 07, 2006, 08:10:03 pm
Responses to this post will go one of two ways, hopefully everyone will just lay off of you, since you havent posted often........whether people are  pro Dale or con Dale everyone  prefers to see posts that are not full of sentences that havent already been used a million times on here ...........and practically word for word.......hate to tell you but posting that is about like wearing a leisure suit, its just wrong..........

What he said.

HDN deserves every bit of flack he takes on this message board and others.

If the Hogs were to go 13-0, he'd get all the accolades.....4-7 last year?

Deserved.

BigHog396

Quote from: Wolfhound05 on August 07, 2006, 08:03:17 pm
Last time I checked he took us to 6 straight bowl games.  I realize there were no BCS Bowls, but it is a lot more than we can say about Danny Ford.  I have no problem with Nutt, my only gripe about him was that he couldn't call plays worth crap.  But that has been taken care off since Malzahan got hired.  Yes there are better coaches in the world, but I have never seen someone motivate a team like him.  And besides I don't see any of you guys coaching a college football program.  So if you haters seriously think that you could do better than why aren't you coaching a D1 program?
Oh let me count the reasons why we bash him.  Wait... there really isn't enough room in here to go into all the details.

LZH

Coach Nutt...is that you?

EastMemphisHog

here we go...

James K. Pork

Lord help me, I should stay away from this.  What the heck, we're still in the off-season...

Why bash Nutt?  Let's look at the record...

9-3
8-4
6-6
7-5
9-5
9-4
5-6
4-7

That record, combined with a losing record in the SEC, will get you fired at Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Auburn, and Alabama.  If P-Fat finishes 4-7 at Tennessee this season, then he will be thrown out of Neyland. 

That same record at Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Ole Miss (more often than not) would keep you fairly comfortable.

Which group do you think Arkansas should belong to?  Are we in the SEC to serve as cannon fodder?  Or are we in it to consistently compete for championships against the best?

Some of us expect better results from a coach entering his 9th year at Arkansas.  Simple as that.

EastexHawg

PulledPork

of those "6 straight" bowl games, how many did we win?  who did we lose to in them?

Pulled out...

WilsonHog

Fans bash Nutt because they are not happy with the results his football teams have produced.

GuvHog

Quote from: WindyCityHog on August 07, 2006, 08:14:10 pm

What he said.

Deserved.

Believe it or not Windy, I think H. Nutt would agree with you.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

WindyCityHog

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 07, 2006, 08:37:59 pm

What he said.

Deserved.

Believe it or not Windy, I think H. Nutt would agree with you.

Common ground?

Never woulda thunk it..

There is hope.....If you and I can agree....cats and dogs.

I love football......

silvertip

Well, wolfie, I can see you haven't been on this board for long. So I'll tell you, the Nutt-bashing has slowed way down.

You ask why everyone ALWAYS bashes on Nutt? We don't ALWAYS.
If you'll watch, you will notice that a LOT of the Nutt-bashing only comes when some Nutt-hugger starts a thread trying to tell us how great the Nuttcase is. It's all been said, a lot of posters like me are sick of it.

You don't like the Nutt-bashing? Then think about this old saying:
" Don't start no shiite and there won't be none."

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I criticize Nutt simply because I am mean, bitter and have nothing else better to do.

He really doesn't deserve any of it, I just simply hate him as a person.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 07, 2006, 08:57:23 pm
I criticize Nutt simply because I am mean, bitter and have nothing else better to do.

He really doesn't deserve any of it, I just simply hate him as a person.

...and you're Irish.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

jreaganhog

QuoteBelieve it or not Windy, I think H. Nutt would agree with you.

Windy, I think Guv's saying Houston would agree with you.  I'm pretty sure I disagree with the position that Houston believes HE is in any way responsible for the shortcomings of this program.

jkstock04

LOL you've got to be kidding me...this crap isn't even worth answering to.  You must be taking crazy pills.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawg_Heaven

I have noticed that alot of the Nutt Bashing has slowed with the hiring of GM to call the plays. That seemed to be the big thing.

Some people here just don't like Nutt at all though. We could win the National Championship this year and I am sure some wouldn't give Nutt any credit at all. As a matter of fact, I could actually picture the posters that would be pissed because it would mean he would be here longer. Some people just like to have something to gripe about.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on August 07, 2006, 09:05:04 pm
I have noticed that alot of the Nutt Bashing has slowed with the hiring of GM to call the plays. That seemed to be the big thing.

Some people here just don't like Nutt at all though. We could win the National Championship this year and I am sure some wouldn't give Nutt any credit at all. As a matter of fact, I could actually picture the posters that would be pissed because it would mean he would be here longer. Some people just like to have something to gripe about.

You are so right, man that was such a great idea of his to hire Gus, he was on board with it from the beginning, it wasn't because of HDN that we almost lost Mitch, HDN is such a great coach and man, he has us headed in the right direction.  People that have complaints about him have no basis whatsoever to do so.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

O'Squeal

I love Nutt........ ???........the helmet made me say it brotha!!!!!!!!!
Opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one and they all stink.

SPAL

I try to stay away from bashing him, but it doesnt mean im happy where things are...

Winnin the moral victory bowl every year is not my idea of a vacation.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 07, 2006, 09:07:49 pm

You are so right, man that was such a great idea of his to hire Gus, he was on board with it from the beginning, it wasn't because of HDN that we almost lost Mitch, HDN is such a great coach and man, he has us headed in the right direction.  People that have complaints about him have no basis whatsoever to do so.

Just an example of people that like to complain. I agree with your analysis on almost losing Mitch and Gus, but they are both here now. They probably wouldn't be here if Nutt would have gotten fired and Butch was here.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on August 07, 2006, 09:13:57 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 07, 2006, 09:07:49 pm

Just an example of people that like to complain. I agree with your analysis on almost losing Mitch and Gus, but they are both here now. They probably wouldn't be here if Nutt would have gotten fired and Butch was here.

And you would probably be wrong.
Retired Radio Host

WilsonHog

If indeed there are those fans who wouldn't give Nutt any credit at all, that is because of what they have witnessed over the last eight years.

One fan's definition of success is another fan's definition of failure.  I have no idea why that is such a difficult concept for some people to comprehend.

HatfieldHog

Dear old "wolfwhatever" it would take less space for you to give all the reasons why Nutt is good, then for us to start with the thing that guys like you hate the most, ....FACTS...!  If you are satisfied with 6 bowl appearances with two losing seasons, and that is your standard for success, then you can rave about HDN, and bask in the glory of "medocre" college athletics, but you'll find little sympathy here.  I'm tired of looking up at the good teams.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

northsideHog03

What he said.

Deserved.

People here won't give Nutt much credit.  They will say it's all because of Malzahn, Wood, and Herring.

Ugly Uncle

It always cracks me up when people say, "oh, all of you just like to gripe and want something to gripe about."

We must be one very grumpy state. 

This is a silly thread and not worth the time to keep going. 

Thanks for playing.
Retired Radio Host

Hawg_Heaven

Believe it or not, I am not a Nutt supporter. I am a supporter of the program and what makes the program better. I wasn't happy with Nutt calling the plays. However, now that GM is here, I am satisfied. For those that don't like Nutt, you may as well get used to him. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I have accepted that and am fine as long as someone else is calling the plays.

WilsonHog

August 07, 2006, 09:24:48 pm #29 Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 09:26:25 pm by WilsonHog
Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on August 07, 2006, 09:23:19 pm
Believe it or not, I am not a Nutt supporter. I am a supporter of the program and what makes the program better. I wasn't happy with Nutt calling the plays. However, now that GM is here, I am satisfied. For those that don't like Nutt, you may as well get used to him. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I have accepted that and am fine as long as someone else is calling the plays.

Don't you think it's a little premature to be "satisfied," since we haven't played a game yet? 

Seems to me your satisfaction is based on facts not yet in evidence.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: northsideHog03 on August 07, 2006, 09:22:20 pm

What he said.

Deserved.

People here won't give Nutt much credit.  They will say it's all because of Malzahn, Wood, and Herring.

And we would be right.

Why would he suddenly be good after 8 years?  Because of the forced hires.

Man, I get sucked into these threads every time!  What can I say...I hate ignoring wrong thinking.
Retired Radio Host

casken

August 07, 2006, 09:25:55 pm #31 Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 09:29:05 pm by casken
Quote from: WilsonHog on August 07, 2006, 08:28:59 pm
Fans bash Nutt because they are not happy with the results his football teams have produced.

The TRUEST and most plain statement I have ever read on the subject.  You, Sir, are correct. Plus one!

WPS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

bro.coach

Because he can't give an honest answer to anything.

Those people in Idaho were a better judge of character than we gave them credit.

toshortrock

i like nutt myself,he;s a hog man,but if he don't win this year,we will have to look in a different direction
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

pimpndistress

well its like this every one in the SEC has his play book its been the same thing year after year and the last two it SHOWS IT FOR SURE  they are on to his play !!!!!
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

HatfieldHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 07, 2006, 09:24:48 pm
Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on August 07, 2006, 09:23:19 pm

Don't you think it's a little premature to be "satisfied," since we haven't played a game yet? 

Seems to me your satisfaction is based on facts not yet in evidence.

It's amazing at the psycic people out there, that are satisfied since the hire of Malzahn, because they know that we are simply going to be champions because of it.  Heck, I'm not even convinced that he will be calling the plays!  They say so, but since when do we have reason to believe the stuff that comes from the Broyles Center?

It's time to put up or shut up!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

James K. Pork

Hawg_Heaven, I think there would be several kids throughout the country who would be willing to listen to Butch Davis regardless of the program he takes control of in the future.   Building the program that would eventually win a national title and compete for another the next season does nothing but enhance your reputation.

If Nutt could get that Crystal Football to Fayetteville, then I would be as thrilled as the foremost hugger.  It isn't anything personal.  For me, it simply comes down to a matter of wins and losses.  If a head coach can't get it done after 9 years on the job, then it might be time to seek a new line of employment.

And that last sentence leads to another question:

What constitutes getting the job done at Arkansas?

Some will look at a 7-5 record and proclaim the season a success.

Quote from: James K. Pork on August 07, 2006, 09:31:50 pm
Hawg_Heaven, I think there would be several kids throughout the country who would be willing to listen to Butch Davis regardless of the program he takes control of in the future.   Building the program that would eventually win a national title and compete for another the next season does nothing but enhance your reputation.

If Nutt could get that Crystal Football to Fayetteville, then I would be as thrilled as the foremost hugger.  It isn't anything personal.  For me, it simply comes down to a matter of wins and losses.  If a head coach can't get it done after 9 years on the job, then it might be time to seek a new line of employment.

I agree with this, but it is soooooooo much more than just wins and losses with The Nutt.

Incompetence.  Loaded Nutt-speak.  Divisiveness.  Control Freak.  Nervous Wreck.

He is just not D1 coaching material.  Period.

WilsonHog

Exactly. No doubt that if we go 7-5 some of us will proclaim the season a success and be all excited about ordering tickets to some minor bowl game.

Others of us (including me) will deem a 7-5 season to be a failure.

It's all about the expectations that each of us have for the program; it's all about how we each define success.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: uglyuncle on August 07, 2006, 09:25:03 pm

What he said.

Deserved.

And we would be right.

Man, I get sucked into these threads every time!  What can I say...I hate ignoring wrong thinking.

Nailed.

Thanks Ugly....some get it...others don't.

Hawg_Heaven

Hawg_Heaven, I think there would be several kids throughout the country who would be willing to listen to Butch Davis regardless of the program he takes control of in the future.   Building the program that would eventually win a national title and compete for another the next season does nothing but enhance your reputation.

Honestly, after the last two seasons. If we don't go atleast 8-4 this year, Nutt should go. In all likelyhood, I am being gracious because 9-3 sounds better. He hired Malzahn. I am happy. I don't know if he will be our savior or a good play caller. All I know is that anything is better than last year. So, until we start losing games that we shouldn't lose, I won't rant about Nutt. I will stand behind him. Apparantly from what everyone is saying, Gus is running the offense in practice.

weevilhogg

A prime example of why we bash Nutt came a few days ago -- right after DMac's injury was discovered.  KATV had short interviews with each coach.  Nutt hem hawed around and threw out idiotic cliches such as "our guys are special" and "we have to take it to another level."    Herring looked like everyone's crazy uncle. . . which is cool because he really is crazy.   Then there was Malzhan ---- cool, calm, collected, and focused.  He explained that the Hogs had a gameplan and were going to execute it with or without Dmac.   I found myself wondering which guy was really the head coach.

Oh my!

August 07, 2006, 09:45:59 pm #42 Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 09:47:32 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: weevilhogg on August 07, 2006, 09:39:22 pm
A prime example of why we bash Nutt came a few days ago -- right after DMac's injury was discovered.  KATV had short interviews with each coach.  Nutt hem hawed around and threw out idiotic cliches such as "our guys are special" and "we have to take it to another level."    Herring looked like everyone's crazy uncle. . . which is cool because he really is crazy.   Then there was Malzhan ---- cool, calm, collected, and focused.  He explained that the Hogs had a gameplan and were going to execute it with or without Dmac.   I found myself wondering which guy was really the head coach.

Exactamundo!!!!!!!!!

And yet people think that he has suddenly morphed into this great CEO coach.

It will NEVER happen.

James K. Pork

I'm conflicted on this myself, Hawg_Heaven.

On the one hand, I've got a mountain of evidence from years past.   We've got a coach who has done it his way for more than a decade.  It doesn't take long for a coach to become set in his ways, especially a coach who believes in his offensive system.

On the other hand, I hear and read about how the new staffers on offense will be left to their own devices to come up with a system incorporating Malzahn/Wood/Nutt plays.  I hear Nutt say over in Hoover that it will essentially be left to Malzahn.  I hear Malzahn say the superior playmakers will be put on the field in various positions to make plays offensively.  I want to believe.  But to be honest, I will not buy it completely until I see it in person in live action.

I guess it all leads to a stance of guarded optimism during this pre-season.  I'm hoping Nutt can show me some change this year.  It'll make him a better coach and improve our prospects dramatically this year.

HognotinMemphis

Nutt is coaching because that's all he can do...it's all he's ever done. Most of us chose more reliable vocational paths for our careers such as  teaching, doctoring, banking, lawyering, etc. Nutt hit the gold mine with the U of A in '98. Fact is, he has a losing conference record for his entire 8 year career at Arkansas and he has a losing conference record at Fayetteville over his 8 years at U of A. That's the bottom line and that's why he's bashed by many. It's simply a lack of meaningful wins and a lack of conference wins. For every win over a Texas, there is a loss to a Vandy AND a getting bent over by a USC or Tenn or Ga. It's just unacceptable to most fans but apparently is okay by Broyles and the other powers that be.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

AFWarrior83

Everyone bashes Nutt, because we are tired of being the middle of the road SEC team. We want to be compared to LSU and the Georgia, not Ole Miss and South Carolina. Although I believe both us and South Carolina are working to get towards the top.
Hogville member since 2005.

Pork Twain

NOOOOOOO.....  Doesn't talking about HDN get old with anyone else but me???  I don't want to hear why he is great and I don't want to hear why he sucks.  Talk to me at the end of this season and we will talk about how good he is at managing hands-off.  If that isn't the case then we can talk about why he needs to be fired.  Anything else that could possibly be said about the man has been said by both side a freakin' billion times.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GuvHog

What he said.

Deserved.

And we would be right.

Why would he suddenly be good after 8 years?
Because he's finally doing what he should have done 8 years ago.

Forced Hires? Well, you're half right.
I've just recently been told that Hiring GM as recievers coach was H. Nutt's Idea, but
making him OC was Franks Idea. I think AW was a little of both.

Didn't say it was fact, just what I heard.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 08, 2006, 09:39:29 am

What he said.

Deserved.

And we would be right.

I've just recently been told that Hiring GM as recievers coach was H. Nutt's Idea, but

Was it the same people that told you that Steve Sullivan was going to be the PBP man this year?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 08, 2006, 09:39:29 am

What he said.

Deserved.

And we would be right.

Didn't say it was fact, just what I heard.

You have a ton of credibility on here so I am glad you told us "just what you heard".
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.