Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 08:47:13 am

London Crawford's tatoos

Started by rpoe, August 06, 2006, 10:27:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rpoe

Can someone decipher these for me? I think I see some praying hands, always a good sign. Not sure about the rest. Almost looks like a football play drawn on a coach's board. I think I'm a little out of the loop.

Hawgz4Life

One is a set of scales...I'm assuming that London is a Libra. The other is old English lettering...which is indicative of west coast thug lettering. Originally seen on Latino gang members and later sported by others. Perfect example is Tupac Shakur's "Thug Life" tattoo on his stomach. I'm probably wrong about that, but most of the time, Old English tattoo lettering is a gang thing. But let me be the first to say that I hope I'm COMPLETELY wrong and way off base on this one.

bigred7987

It's not a gang thing...I have friends who have their initials on their triceps, just one of the "tattoos" to get now like a cross used to be.  I believe thats the tattoo in his tricep are his initials.  The lower one is praying hands that either have a rosary around them or are tied.  I have a friend who has the hands with the rosary but if its hands are tied then I imagine its symbolizing something along the lines of nothing will hold him down.  And of course the top one is a scale that must be something personal motto or a libra sign. 

rococco

thankfully you are quite off on the old english script thing. Old english lettering is the most popular script for tatto and I believe you would find more bikers with it than bangers... it is just the typical "hardcore" looking lettering It is also pretty and looks better than most, it also fits in with tribal styles better than typical block. I really don't want people thinking london is a banger just not so. The Libra thing is right I bet though
Hogville is watching...

Hawgz4Life

August 06, 2006, 11:02:59 pm #4 Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:05:18 pm by Hawgz4Life
Hey, I'm all too glad to be proven wrong on this one. BTW Cabot, no need to be such a richard cranium... I already said I wasn't for sure - just trying to give my honest input on an honest question. This type of crap is why I don't visit woopig.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hawgz4Life on August 06, 2006, 11:02:59 pm
Hey, I'm all too glad to be proven wrong on this one. BTW Cabot, no need to be such a richard cranium... I already said I wasn't for sure - just trying to give my honest input on an honest question. This type of crap is why I don't visit woopig.

You are right about the hands-prayer tattoo being on Lesane Parish Crooks stomach (aka Tupac Shakur)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

judgeroyswine

August 06, 2006, 11:10:22 pm #6 Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:12:02 pm by judgeroyswine
Quote from: CabotHog on August 06, 2006, 11:08:55 pm

The type of crap you posted is what breeds racism. What if Mitch had those Old English letters? Would you have typed anything about him being a thug?

Uhh.. old english text to racism? How did we do that
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Kilgor

He said what they words on the back of both arms was in the ESPN interview.  I can't recall what they were, but they were not bad.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Hawgz4Life

August 06, 2006, 11:12:15 pm #8 Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:18:27 pm by Hawgz4Life
"The type of crap you posted is what breeds racism. What if Mitch had those Old English letters? Would you have typed anything about him being a thug?"

Jesse? Is that you? Don't come at me with racism...I live too deep in the Delta to even hear that noise. Hell with this, I'll be playing NCAA 07 if anyone needs me.  :P

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CabotHog on August 06, 2006, 11:08:55 pm

The type of crap you posted is what breeds racism. What if Mitch had those Old English letters? Would you have typed anything about him being a thug?

Not really, he was trying to answer the question, the last thing on my mind was racism.... come on Cabot play nice  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Kilgor

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CabotHog on August 06, 2006, 11:19:39 pm

I'm grumby tonight.
I should have said: One can describe a tattoo simply as "Old-English" lettering. No reference to thugging is needed.

I'm going to sleep now. I'll quit hijacking the thread. I'll wake up on a better side of the bed tomorrow.

Actually CabotHog is one of the nicest, coolest posters on this board...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgz4Life

Wow...after watching the video, I like this kid even more. I think we've got a good bunch of kids playing ball for us right now, and with good leadership on and off the field, success is sure to follow. Priceless....and Cabot; I'm with ya. I, too, sometimes get up on the wrong side of the bed. I just regret that you percieved my comments as racist. Nothing could be further from the truth. Maybe you didn't get up on the wrong side of the bed. Maybe your'e just antsy like everyone else for FB season to start. WPS. 8)

HogCards88

Geez, guys. You guys really need a hobby. Find something else to take up the time, besides trying to decipher a college football player's tattoos. Just, wow.

Kilgor

It's better than castigating others after midnight on a message board.

Hawgz4Life