Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A different take on Mr. Eells accident.

Started by waphill, August 01, 2006, 01:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

waphill

I think some of you are jumping the gun on the whole "flags at half mast" thing. Let's look at this a little more closely. First of all, according to the reports I read, Mr. Eells' car crossed the median. Whether it was his fault or not, his car entered oncoming traffic. The tragedy about this whole thing is the entire state doesn't seem to give a damn that there was another life taken. She was at no fault whatsoever. I was at the same golf tournament, and it was brutally hot. I was extremely fatigued just driving 10- minutes to my house. I'm 27 years old and I would have struggled to make that drive. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been on the road, but he couldn't have been 100% alert and sharp. If there are flags flown at half mast for him, they should be the same for the woman that was killed also. After all, if Mr. Eells wouldn't have been on the road, she would still be alive today.

I probably just pissed everyone of you off, but in America I am entitled to my opinion.

silverhawg

this may have already been covered, but does anyone know why his car crossed the median?  did he have a heart attack? Fall Asleep ??? what???

karma26

however right you may think you are, right now is not the proper time to voice it. just my opinion.

HBTHogs

I agree, it must be very hard on her family.  Losing a close family member like that makes it hard to understand how the earth can still spin and people can go on living their lives.  Now, not only have they lost their wife/mother, but they have to hear about the accident every time they turn on a tv, radio, or open a newspaper and see her name mentioned as an, "afterthought."  I feel so bad for them.

GorillaJMonsoon

I think that Waphill has a legit point that we should consider the lady and her family in our prayers also.  There will be a full investigation into the crash and we will know what caused it.  I feel that he probably blacked out due to a heart attack, stroke, which might have been caused by the heat, but I don't really know.  Now is probably the wrong time to speculate, and we should just focus on the two families that lost their dear loved ones. 

Flatline

I would say from working these types of wrecks that he had a heart attack.  If he had fallen asleep he would have woken while crossing the median and tried to make some corrections.  From what I have been told that did not occur.  Your theory that he should not have been on the road is a stupid opinion.  I along with thousands of other people everyday have drove the highways tired and people everyday have medical conditions that cause accidents and deaths.  It happens, it is life and it is sad.

karma26

I don't think anyone is slighting the other person in the crash at all. I see this as a bunch of people paying tribute to a man we all see as part of Razorback history. Most of us grew up listening to his voice. Of course the other parties family is in my prayers as well. That goes without saying. But I refuse to sit here and pass judgement on fault and such. This isn't the time for it. It was a tragic situation all around.